New to the detecting games

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by wa22a87, Aug 6, 2013.

1. wa22a87

wa22a87 Member

Hey guys.

Iv'e been stacking for a little while and I am now looking into doing some detecting, starting a new hobbie you know...
    So, i was wondering if anyone has used or is using the Garrett Ace350 or the EuroAce..

Ebay is very kind to the Ace350, with all the bits and pieces for about $450aud including postage, but is in Imperial.. On the other hand, Detector only for the EuroAce which is in Metric is not so kind on ebay or from Garrett Aus, over $500 for just the detector..

Personally i would like to purchace the Euro, but is it still easy enough to use the 350??
    Or, does anyone know where i can pick up a EuroAce for Ace350 ebay prices??

Wazza

2. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. wa22a87

wa22a87 Member

Ive pretty much asked the same question on there, i was just seeing if anyone on here knew anything.. as there is alot more traffic on SS than on prospectors...

4. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

But there's a lot more detectorists on prospectors.

I don't do parks and don't use Garretts so Im no help.

Try chicken12. He just bought a 350, but not sure what model. :)

5. Squiggles

Squiggles New Member

Hey wa22a87, unfortunately not everyone frequents introductions so that could be the reason for the lack of replies?

Here's a chart listing the differences between the two models http://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=927, in regards to purchasing an Aussie distributed model at US prices it's probably not going to happen outside of Ebay.

Both models are identical to use, and in terms of features essentially the Ace 350 / Euro Ace is a cross between the Ace 250 and the AT Pro.

Squiggles.

6. Madhatter

Madhatter New Member

The Euroace was my first detector and I found it to be excellent, I do beach detecting and found plenty of coins and a couple of gold rings and few bits of silver over the 6 months, along with a whole heap of rubbish!!. I was going often though and was fairly dedicated. Depth level was fairly accurate but will vary down to the size of the object. Pinpointing was spot on every time. Great for the dry sand and land use, almost useless in wet sand. Very light and easy to use. It's best to search in all metal mode as this will help recovery time if i remember correctly.

Overall as a starter machine i doubt you could get much better and is more than adequate to keep as a spare should you decide to upgrade later on, and whilst i never had to use it i hear garret customer service is fantastic.

7. chicken12

chicken12 Member

Only new to it but find the Ace 350 to be good.