New Stacker! Please help!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by JoryLeBlanc, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

CM.Hoke book

http://www.recyclingsecrets.com/free-reports/refining-precioius-metals-waste-cm-hoke.pdf

BenKenobi likes this.
  2. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Well-Known Member

Jory, there is a lot of misinformation on the Internet and backyard hacks, or part information that do not show complete processes for refining. Silver is NOT purified by cementing on copper, this should be viewed as a recovery of values step that allows you to get rid of a percentage only of other metal contaminants IF performed correctly it should NOT be viewed as a refining step, there is simply so much more to it than that to do it right, there are other metals like palladium that need to be removed while your silver is in solution. There is so much more to the process than acid a coffee filter :confused:and water. Depending on your equipment and knowledge, you may just end up with silver cement only slightly better than the grade you digested. Unless cleanliness is viewed seriously, knowledge of basic chemistry and research is done along with selection of the correct equipment and knowing how to use it correctly it is waste of time and money not to mention dangerous. In addition to Hokes book I also would recommend Recovery and refining of precious metals by C.W. Ammen. Read each book at least 3 times regarding waste/recovery and refining of silver. To give you an idea, I literally spent 6 months researching alone on www and Hoke and Ammen. I already have a decades of experience with some facets of metallurgy and prospecting, that will give you an idea of the dedication and knowledge needed. No one is going to help you unless you prove first you have put in some effort by research, if you cannot source the info you are not serious and not looking!!!!! I will PM you to assist you with some research resources after I get home from work.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  3. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I got addicted to the collecting side of it more. Paid the extra premium to have a variety. Emergency came up that I had to liquidate the stack(at a loss of coarse) and was only given spot for these coins that I had now become emotionally attached to and paid premium for. Silver stacking rule number one is don't become emotionally attached to your investment. Fortunately I have built it back and some and mainly stick with 10oz silver and 1oz gold bars. I still throw in a few for the personal collection but don't consider those part of the investment.