New Solution for Investing in Physical Gold via Superannuation

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by Jordan@ABC, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Jordan@ABC

Jordan@ABC New Member

For those who want to own gold inside Super - or who might want to talk about friends and family about owning gold through their Super - there is a new solution which might be of interest

The Cor Capital Fund, which is a professionally managed truly diversified portfolio, is now available to retail investors.

The fund has a range of assets in it, including a meaningful allocation to physical gold bullion, which are direct refinery sourced, and stored in non-bank vaults in Australia.

You can actually invest in the fund with regular superannuation money - without needing a SMSF (though SMSFs are of course free to invest in it)

To access the fund with regular superannuation money - you need to use a superannuation plan called brightday, which offers a range of investment options, insurances etc, as well as access to the Cor Capital Fund as part of its investment menu

So effectively the process is as follows

1). Open brightday complete super account
    2). Rollover super balance from existing fund
    3). Invest in the Cor Capital Fund

I've attached a link to a brochure which explains it in detail

https://www.abcbullion.com.au/media/pdf/ABCB-Superannuation-Gold-Investment-Guide.pdf

If you ask me - its pretty cool, it means you don't need a SMSF (which are typically only feasible for those who are quite well off) to have access to a professionally managed portfolio, run by an investment management team that clearly understand the important role of gold in a well balanced portfolio......and who go for the real stuff, not the purely securitised alternatives.......

Whats in it for ABC i can hear you ask - simple, we are one of the providers of bullion and vaulting services to the fund.......so obviously there is a commercial gain for us whenever people invest in the fund, but we think its a win/win - there are now tens of thousands of our clients (and indeed any Aussie) who don't want an SMSF who can now use their super (fastest and largest growing financial asset for most Aussies) and have a meaningful gold exposure within it.

2. masmas

masmas New Member

Hi Jordan,

As per Jim Rickard's suggestion to invest in Gold is starting from 10% of investable asset, so is it possible to invest just 10% of my Super account on Gold with BrightDay ?

3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not sure about this Brightday super fund, I have been trying to contact them on their "Concierge team" line and it never answers, just rings for a while and then goes to a generic "record your message after the tone" answering service. Is this the only super fund that can access the Cor Capital fund?

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I called YBR and they said that the guy would call me, still nothing. It feels like it's some kind of 1 person operation.

5. masmas

masmas New Member

The Cor Capital Fund only allocate 25% to Gold, so you would need to invest 40% of your super to reach the 10% gold allocation (if only investing via this fund).

Thanks Mr. Baron.

Does this means if my current Industry Super Fund balance is just $40k, I would then need to break or split the amount about $10k into Cor capital to be able to open the account with them ? :eek:
    I wonder if you have used their service before or you have some other provider tahn Cor capital ?

6. James

James Member

Or, for security choose physical possession of metal.
    Nobody cares more about the safety of a superfund's assets than the owner of the superfund.
    ....OK, I'm referring to a smsf.

7. masmas

masmas New Member

Mr. Baron,

How much is approximately the ongoing maintenance fee or the surcharge with IOOF ?