'New Posts' keeps being updated on me?

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by Macros_The_Black, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Macros_The_Black

Macros_The_Black Member Silver Stacker

Since GP moved to the new server, if I don't check back as regularly as I used to, it looks as if there is a "mark all topics as read" flush in the meantime.

For example, I can check a specific forum at 9am, knowing that I did not even touch a computer before that, but see a post from 6.45am that I haven't read, but is not marked as 'new'.

But I may have refreshed the SilverStackers home page the previous evening - for example to see updated PM pricing - so I'm wondering if a 'new posts since last visit' is the issue?

Odd eh?

Anyone else have this issue?

It seems to happen across my desktop; laptop & iPad, so I don't think it's related to my own device.

I suspect there is now a regular session flush or similar happening. (Though I'm never logged out)

A forum I used to run (different software) had a setting "only show new posts since last visit" as opposed to "show all new/unread posts", so that's why I thought of that.

Of course it could be a conspiracy theory ... but that's redundant. I already know everyone is out to get me.