New Member My Interest in Silver Explained

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Ouija, May 1, 2014.

1. Ouija

Ouija New Member

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Welcome,

but IMNHO 1000x Eagles is NOT enough!

When you get there change to 10oz bars, and when you get 100 or more of them, change to 1Kg bars, and when you get them, go to 1/4 oz gold..

And when the "New Dark Age" passes, and we enter the "Broad sunlit uplands", you and your family will have survived.

See note below!

OC

3. Ouija

Ouija New Member

You're right about that, Old Codger:

As I said in my opening post, my original plan was to own just 100 ounces, but the bug got me, and I am now dedicated to converting ever more fiat into real money.

I like your idea of gradually increasing the unit-size of my holdings, and I will probably be following your advice as I become more knowledgeable regarding the various formats of bullion.

I hope we never see a "New Dark Age" (it would definitely be very unpleasant, regardless of how much you have prepared). But having a decent supply of easily recognised and tradable silver on hand, when the value of all fiat has gone to hell, means that we will be able to take advantage of phenominal opportunities, and hopefully emerge from the situation with as much safety, comfort, and dignity as possible.

It's been said that many millionaires were created during the Great Depression. We have nothing to lose by being preparred - and it's never been easier.

4. Goldrush

Goldrush Member

Welcome Ouija,

Just a word of warning I wouldn't be telling anyone that you socialize with about your stack, remember the old saying "Loose lips sink ships", or in this case "loose lips sink stacks". You could casually mentioned you collect a few silver coins, to test your close family and friends reaction and than gently show them some reason behind collecting pm's. A lot of members here including myself lost all our PM's in unfortunate boating accidents so there is a lot of Ag and Au sitting on the ocean floor just waiting to be rediscovered... :lol:

5. Ouija

Ouija New Member

Thanks, Goldrush & Codger:

Outside of this community, I don't intend to ever mention my collection, or any other issues regarding my finances or preparations.

Not because I am particularly concerned with theft - but because I don't want anyone thinking that I am the guy to go to, when times get tough and they need a "loan".

I would prefer to let everyone believe that I am just as broke as they are, so they wont bug me when their own lack of prep catches up with them.

6. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"good thinking 99"

7. Goldrush

Goldrush Member

Good plan, it's surprising how many people don't plan for the future and piss it all away.