New Jersey - Bicycle need License plate

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by chimpanchu, Jan 14, 2011.

1. loki.verloren

loki.verloren New Member

hehe. overpaid! no way! but they consume that pay much too indiscriminately, in fact the record companies mandate some of that profligacy in the contracts (such as the fancy red carpets and fancy hotels and whatnot) so of course their fortunes are ephemeral. the smarter musicians, which are of course not terribly great in number, are taking all that capital currency they get and reinvesting it by starting up labels and building on their fame by generating their own brand, for example nine inch nails, but there is probably others who have done similar things before but not as recently... to some degree if you are smart you can work around those taxation systems, navigate the labyrinth to win a significant effective cut to your tax liability, through your own nation or migrating to another and in a jurisdiction off shore all that jazz.

but in the end, the tax man is nothing more than a mafia gangster collecting protection money from his boss the State who would think nothing at squashing you like a bug. at some point this has to change, wealth is only destroyed by these profligate self-appointed monarchs and oligarchs. without their system of wealth destruction we surely would not just be sitting here stuck on this rock wondering how much platinum there is in the asteroid belt...

2. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Active Member

The reality is it's just another excuse to expand government control. How many people actually get hit and badly hurt by reckless bike riders? Has anyone on this forum been hit by a bike rider? How many people get killed in bike accidents? There's no need for people to act like grumpy old farts. Some people are reckless jackasses. Just deal with it, get on with your life and don't make the rest of the innocent bike riders have to suffer. It's akin to saying that you should need a license to buy a a butchers knife or a steak knife because occasionally people use them as weapons to stab others.

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

+1 Bargain Hunter. I've been hurt badly twice as an adult by reckless bike riding, both times my own fault. I was the cyclist. No one else involved.

Drive defensively people if you're that concerned about what a 90kg rider and bike can do to you in your 2000kg car.

4. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

I think we're all falling into the same old trap !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso[/youtube]

5. bennybbc

bennybbc Member Silver Stacker

I don't care if I get a ding in my bull bar, it's living with the guilt of taking the life that's the problem. Just look at the mental damage done to train drivers. Even if they are brain dead before you hit them, it's still going to haunt you.

6. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Well said & as a keen rider myself good to hear. Sometimes when I'm out riding certain drivers won't give you any quarter. They just hold their line as if they're playing chicken from behind your line of sight. Or jerks that consider the rules of the road don't apply to non paying users & refuse to give way. Just cut you straight off & pretend not to notice.

I was talking to a rail driver the other night. He was telling me a colleague cleaned up a vehicle with a family in it & he could see the kids screaming to get out but couldn't do anything about it. Apparently he hasn't worked again. Can you blame him?

7. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://onlypolice.blogspot.com/

8. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Nugget your a Dag !

Eglandese: Mo aishitenai-kara, denwa bango kaeru.

Translated: I really don't love you anymore, so I'm going to change my phone number.

9. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker