New! Heart Shaped Pandas from the China Mint

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Pandacollector, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Pandacollector

Pandacollector Active Member

I think sponsor is not the right word. Will it become a series? That would be great.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    www.pandacollector.com

2. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My experience with ngc china is much better. They show my Friend special label design before printing. They get things done nicely. USA terrible experience even we have the highest tier membership and quantity send to them is more than 300 pc per year but terrible services and even charge wrongly and extra without replying us.

3. andrewlee10

What will be the right word other than sponsor since I am not English native speaker

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

^ Yes, I was going to ask the same question. Is there a term for that type of involvement you have including the marketing or reference on the label, Peter?

"Branding" maybe for the label part of it?

5. Pandacollector

No, I don't have a term for it. China Pricepedia is definitely the sole primary distributor. The label was serendipitous; it already existed, but had never been used.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    www.pandacollector.com

6. andrewlee10

In china they call this as sponsor since The mint solely design and sell to him/Her. You name this as sole primary distributor in pricepedia.

So are you the sole primary distributor for this heart shape panda ? This question has been asked in china coin forum and here. However, seems no answer till now. Is this consider as very privatecy question and so sensitive ? So it leads to no answer.

7. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Hello Mr. Anthony, when will the graded Valentine pandas be released? It will be good for Registry aspirants get their hands on some PF70s before the deadline for the NGC registry submissions.

Thanks.

8. Pandacollector

It will be this week, probably before the holiday.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    www.pandacollector.com

9. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

With all this debating we did very good "advertisement" for the medal. Everybody who just comes on the forum to see the amount of posts and views and just check first few posts (pictures, videos) will think medal is very hot.:)

It might happen in the future that people will be buying coins and medals, not because of the "metal", but because of the special labels. Imagine having a coin that is very rare (like Chinese silver Great Wall), but also with label that is very rare (only 10 printed because printer was damaged). Additionally coins could have special "rare boxes", like first 100 coins with deluxe box in shiny colors and other 899 with "normal" box.
    :p ;)

If somebody use mine ideas please send me some money.:p

10. Pandacollector

No, I am not a sponsor and I am not even confirming that there is a sponsor. I am exactly what I said - a distributor. What you wrote is not what happened, so your assumptions about why I am a distributor are incorrect. The COA has more, information than most including the name of the artist and what inspired her. If you have questions about the Valentine Panda itself, please feel free to ask them.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    www.pandacollector.com

11. Stark

More than 300pcs. Pheeeew. If you are not so big fish (compared to APMEX and MCM), then I'm not even a fish "egg". They charged me wrongly once, but then amended it very fast. I think it really depends with whom you are in contact with. If company is understaffed is not concern of the customers though. Everywhere I worked before we could basically have more people (or less, depends how you look on things), but that didn't prevent us of trying to do a professional job.

12. andrewlee10

300 pcs only for NGC USA. This yet to include NGC china submit by us.

BUT Peter Anthony might submit more than 300 pcs by this heart shape panda by just one item rather than few items for whole year like us. This the reason a special label can be done. This special label must get his agreement and consent before releasing since he say it will available to market after few weeks LOL. Think Think Think.

13. mmissinglink

I believe the NGC Shanghai office will be getting bigger. I know that NGC USA just sent over to the Shanghai office one of their top medal people (not a grader....just someone with executive knowledge) and maybe some other people from the USA office that I'm not ware of.

Clearly, the market there must be growing.

NGC needs a Europe and an Australia grading / slabbing facility. I'm sure such facilities are very costly to set up and operate (and secure) but I think there could be serious undiscovered potential in these continents as well.

14. andrewlee10

you get the news fast. I been inform 1 weeks ago only. quarter onsite grading in china will change. I might get bob to terminate the membership in USA soon.

15. Stark

Customer service provided by NGC Europe is really great. Experiences with US office range from very good to terrible. So I think they first need to improve current quality of the services.

There is some video on NGC site how many coins were graded by year or in total by NGC. Europe is way behind US. Germany with 80 million people has almost less submissions than many other much smaller countries. Some say that grading is not popular in Europe and Asia. I think that a lot of people are not aware that submissions can be done via EU office for which you don't need to take care of customs related s***.

Many people complain about labels and mistakes. They can happen all the time. Unfortunately is quite annoying to send something back again. If they plan to expand grading on different continents or just start it they first need to align their own procedures.

16. andrewlee10

Check the relationship of apmex management with ngc management.

A lot of insider news not been expose. It like Clinton and trump story here.

German collectors hate to keep the coin in ngc jail as my German customers comments. USA and Asian love ngc than pcgs. I force to use window even I like MAC.

17. golden-lord

golden-lord New Member

Im from Germany and for myself i grade alot of coins. The Office in munich have a very good Service.

But most of here just dont want the slabs. But Germany have one of the largest coin collectors market in the world.
    Just look at "MDM", "Historia Hamburg", "Reppa". The sold millions coins every year, but they dont have any graded coins.
    The most People dont know about NGC, they think it coast too much, you must wait 2-3 months to get your coin back, its shipped overseas and they collect old Taler coins.
    They want to take the rar coins in their Hands. But this is the Problem too, most ppl polish the coins and make damages on it with their hands.

But more and more ppl want here too the NGC Slabs. If you look at WMF Berlin or Numismata Munich you will see every year more slabbed coins.
    NGC have do the right with open the Office here. But it need alot of more time and more advertisment. There are at all coin shows here and work now together with MA-Shops.com (german auction platform for Dealers).
    But they must work together with large Dealers, its a hard way..

For me i can collect for cheap prices alot of OMP MCC here. For rar coins ive must look, alot are touched.

18. Pandacollector

NGC has indeed moved their Shanghai office. I visited the new quarters (pun intended) last week. There is a full-time on-site grading staff and support services there. The new office is much larger than the old one and that must reflect something about the company's business in Asia. FWIW, the Valentine Pandas that will be offered through China Pricepedia were graded in Florida.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    www.pandacollector.com

19. mmissinglink

Yes, I believe that as long as it is difficult for collectors to acquire graded coins and difficult to submit coins for grading simply and with quick turn-around, the demand will be very slow. I believe that if NGC opened a grading facility in central Europe, Germany is ideal, then the demand for graded coins will rise significantly.

I believe that in the U.S. the demand for graded coins was probably little to zero until reputable TPG facilities opened and made it quick, convenient, and (relatively) inexpensive to get coins authenticated, graded/slabbed. Now TPG co's are grading millions of coins every year.....if not millions, a very significant number.

The point being....make it convenient, quick, and cost efficient for collectors and the demand will follow.

20. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, I have 100's of omp/raw MCC but the effort/cost to get them graded too much. In it for the long haul so can wait it out. One day..