New 2oz Perth Mint Silver coin with antiqued finish

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by SilverScrat, Jan 5, 2016.

1. jcanuck

jcanuck Member

I'm liking it better, but still very hesitant to get it. I can think of other coins that I've paid the same amount for that I like a lot less than this one.

2. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Its a very nice coin to hold, but the presentation box feels like cheap crap. I kind of get a feeling the coin is overpriced, but time will tell.

I think it would look extremely good if presented nicely along with the next two coins in the series, maybe (or maybe not) in capsules inserted into a thin slab of Australian wood so the 3 coins can be displayed togethed or even hung on the wall.

3. jcanuck

jcanuck Member

Check out the Goddesses thread <I think>.... If I remember correctly there were a couple of custom display ideas presented in there.

I don't know if I'm being naive or not with respect to security/safety, but in the longer term I'd like to display some of my nicer coins so that it's easier to see them on a more frequent basis. Realistically, what I'd like to have showing is on a collective basis worth less than a new iPhone, a decent flat screen, or a decent laptop. If someone breaks in, presumably it's going to be for the electronics first and the coins second. Security through obscurity has its limits.

4. pushingtin

pushingtin Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Dg2_zrolE[/youtube]

5. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker