New 2019 5 oz ATB

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by DavidRich, Jan 31, 2019.

1. DavidRich

DavidRich Member

2. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

Yep, I ordered my Massachusetts 5oz coin from JM today... only since I didn't want anything else. Not sure about Canada, but for USA shipping, JM does free ship for $99+. Apmex also has free shipping for $99+ orders. SD can be great if I am ordering a few things, but they do $8 flat shipping unless it is a huge order ($2500+ I think). I think I got about 6 or 8 of these from them last summer in a single order, but for one item, their shipping is too high.

The price of this coin won't really change except for minor change daily from spot price (which dropped a bit since your posting). It will probably bump up $10 or so once the ship date (02/22) passes, though. They seem to do that... give a bit of a discount on the pre-release ones.

...Good looking coin and set. I still need 6 or 7 of these silver pucks to be all caught up. My goal from the beginning was to do the whole set for under $125ea, so I should be cool unless spot price really rockets in the next couple years.

Are you doing the whole set?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    DavidRich likes this.
  3. DavidRich

DavidRich Member

I have been going into ordinary governmental coins like ASEs and Maples and some generic bars, but now I'm thinking about starting ATB collection as these coins look so nice

SlyGuy likes this.
  4. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

Yeah, they are awesome coins. It works out to be over $6k usd for the set, though... esp if you get the apmex box for them.

I was able to buy over half of the set last year when silver was low... many at or even under $100.

5oz coins (or any coins, really) don't have a great track record for holding their premium, but we shall see. I just like the look of them. This is the only set over 1oz that US Mint has ever made... and no announcement of another, not yet at least.

DavidRich likes this.
  5. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

This Mass coin is really a beauty... one of the best in the series so far. It was worth the delayed shipping a month behind schedule :)

Mine had a few nicks on George's neck which isn't ideal, but that is bullion coins for ya. At least the main face of the coin looks amazing.

...Bring on CMNI American Memorial Park.