Neo to over a $100.00 or further ?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by southerncross, Aug 13, 2017.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think it just might. Basically Ethereum and all it does but a little more as well for now, and it is a homegrown Chinese product with a rapidly expanding potential market in that country and the rest of Asia.

The price is also on the same trajectory that Eth was earlier this year as well but with only half the amount of units on offer.

Who's holding ?

beyondfiat likes this.
  2. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

seems logical that it will catch up to Ethereum. So my guess is it will go higher then $100. Asians seem to love it and there is a lot of them with a lot of money.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm holding until it's $100 and beyond.

4. WSF

WSF Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Loving NEO. My unqualified prediction = $150 by mid september.

5. southerncross

Think it might even beat that at this rate WSF, I got my first lot for just over AU $9 in mid to late June and picked up some more as it dropped into the low during the last week of June for about half that and then added some more at the end of July as well.
    As always when this happens I am kicking myself that I didn't grab more but %500 + over a month or two is better than digging holes in the rain for a living in my book.

I really think this one will be up there in the hundreds by Christmas time, it just seems to have a heap of momentum behind it and once a few ICO's get going on the platform it will hit the second launch boosters and really move it forward. People were mentioning EOS as an Ethereum Killer but this one has all the hall marks of a direct competitor here and now instead of in a year or so and also with a long standing track record as a known brand in Asia as well.

I'm quite tempted to remove some cream off the top to put into something else but at the moment just can't see anything that would justify the move except for maybe Binance, but I already have a decent amount in there as well so will just let it ride for now.

6. WSF

WSF Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wow. $9 im jealous. I got in at about $15 but still very happy.

Im just letting it ride.
    My strategy = Hold Hold Hold

7. southerncross

My lowest was just under half that, but I think that even now is a great entry point given the potential from here, there is a soldi floor under the price at the moment and if people think back to where ETH was at this point/price range not long ago and extrapolate forward from there then even the current price is a great buy with still
    % 5-600 or more from here quite likely in the next six to twelve months.

Just consider china itself and the NEW SILK ROAD/ ONE BELT happening over the next few years alone that will allow at least another 1 billion people access to both commerce and the internet in a just a few short years, and that NEO will be facilitating Asian ICO's along that pathway as well and the potential is mindbogglingly immense.
    Add to that India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, the Gulf country's getting on board with Dubai coin (DBX) and the like, along with the increase in internet coverage in such areas with the advent of Mini Satellites allowing even the most remote of such areas access to the internet also at vastly cheaper rates than curently available to them and you have a recipe for exponential growth for Blockchain technology that can solve many multitudes of the current access to banking and finance in such areas. PNG just to our north is already exploring such options for it's people and Australia is financing the study at this very point in time.

When you consider that even all of Bitcoins market cap alone is a minuscule %.02 of the planets money market at this point in time, and the total market cap of all the rest is just another %.01, so if Crypto's got to just %2 over the next five years it would mean a massive explosion of current Crypto values to just on %7000 of current value, yet we would still be below a Trillion dollars on a global scale and still just starting.

I personally don't think it will take that long though, the major banks and money markets are already trying to cover their arses and Gov'ts worldwide are scrambling to catch up every day as they realise what Blockchain means for them and their associated arms of finance.

Just this afternoon I helped my 12 yr old daughter (my fourth youngest of five) open a MYETHERWALLET of her very own, showed her how to save her private key and the importance of it, showed her how an exchange works, and showed her how just $10.00 could of been turned into over $1800 over the last four weeks with just four trades and showed her the numbers. ( Hey hindsight is great and makes me look like a freakin genius in front of my little girl, so don't be hating). She isn't a materialistic type at all, but she knows the value of a dollar already although would rather spend it on gymnastics or dance lessons or icecreams for the family than makeup or clothes, so I am a pretty proud dad in that sense, but also in the sense that she gets all of this as a concept as well at such a young age, although she has been a stacker since birth as well so I suspect that her environment has shaped her perception of such things and that our (her parents) concept of money in the coin and paper sense has pleasantly contaminated her mind since her birth.

That aside, I am wowed by how quickly her and her younger sister picked this all up, the older one already has a Steemit account @acrosav (please follow) and the younger one wants one as well, along with her own Crypto wallet too and she is only 7.

These kids, younger, and any of around the same age that people here on SS may have will not be living in the same world that we as parents did, it is nigh on Orwellian now for them in the near future. AI and Robots will replace nearly all manual labour requirements within the time frame of them leaving Highschool , and even administration and any sort of office record keeping such as a secretary position will be obsolete. Coding Robot's, AI, Drones, Security, might have some openings but given the speed of advancement in these spheres alone how long will it be before AI also takes over this role except for management level entries ?

The one thing I see as giving them some sort of future from here on in is an education in Blockchain technology.... (For now, until that is also superseded). They currently wont get it at school, they wont even get it at a local Community Tafe college yet, but they can learn it from me at home, and hopefully by the time they leave school they will have a hefty Crypto wallet that will set them on their way, despite any of the dystopian futures they might face.

NEO might be one of the vehicles that gets them to that point in time, it might just be a stepping stone along the way but I do think that the next generation need as much education as they can get about this technology before it overwhelms their current expectations of life.

12 year olds most important assignment at her new High school, is to write a report about Tutankhamen's Death Mask. Yeah it's interesting, but the prick died over three and half thousand years ago and you can just look this shit up on Google in a few seconds. How about we focus on more relevant things like the concept of an open ledger that records financial transactions over a trustless network? I can download a few youtube videos that explain the whole concept in a 70 minute class and the students might actually gain some real world current knowledge, instead of learning about a minor Pharaoh of the defunct 18th dynasty of Egypt who's dad had Sun worship issues....

You combine this sort of meaningless crap with the safe schools 'you can deny your biology if you feel like it' and call it education, and is it any wonder that we have a generation of Gimmie Gimmie types who don't have clue about who they are or where they are going ?

Education was first inspired as a type of brainwashing, and it has only gotten better and come under the control of those who only want control. They squash free minds and freedom of thought at the earliest of ages, if you let them. They condition and constrain, retard and control, reduce and repudiate the individual until it conforms to the norm, and the norm is what they choose it to be. If the individual doesn't conform, they then advise that it be drugged and conditioned until it does.

Sorry for the long rant, and probably in the wrong place but it's here now so sue me.

Honestly though, educate your children with this new Tech, you are all here on the ground floor or you wouldn't be reading this. You at least have an interest or you wouldn't be reading this, educate Yourself and your Children.

%200 in a couple of months.... Hows your compulsory government imposed Super doing ?

Argyria, beyondfiat and BuggedOut like this.
  8. Altima

Well, don't we all wished we bought some during the ICO (0.6 USD) and when it dipped more than 60% to 0.17 USD.

At least I did the next best thing and bought it at 1.3 USD. Let's just say this was one of the best investments I've made in any asset class.

southerncross likes this.
  9. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I really need to start paying more attention to Asian crypto projects.

10. Altima

Moving forward, I believe the coins from Asian markets will benefit from less scrutiny from SEC. Already sad as it is that US citizens can't participate in any ICO.

Speaking of which, there will be ICOs launched on the NEO blockchain.

southerncross and BuggedOut like this.
  11. southerncross

When you look at it population wise the numbers are pretty gobsmacking. Just China's largest four City's alone contain more than 55 million people or more than double Australia's total population, just Shanghai itself nearly equals our total population with over 22 million. I have no idea at all about the demographics of people here or in China who own Crypto's but just the total numbers alone can speak for that. 1% here maybe at best compared to 1% there in China and you can get a sense of how an homegrown Crypto might grow its user base compared to a mainly western based alt such as Ethereum.
    Just trying to use the Binance trading platform was a wakeup call for me as although they do have an English version of the main homepage, when I had trouble logging in the support page was still all in Chinese back then (a few week's back).

The Chinese already have a big track record with BTC with most of the current mining going on there, so once ICO's start to occur on NEO, I can see it at least equaling Ethereums market cap and with only half the current number of coins on offer it might well go higher if the population in Asia get's behind it.

12. southerncross

Altima likes this.
  13. leo25

Well looks like the Chinese government put a stop to the price rise.

14. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

was there some news?

15. leo25

Apart from china wanting to crack down on Chinese ICO's?

16. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

no, that counts as news.

17. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Link?

18. southerncross

Still early day's yet, let's see how it go's over the next couple of months.

19. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

20. leo25

I'm surprised a lot of people missed this news. It was like when China suspended all withdrawals for a few months on Chinese exchanges earlier this year, for some reason no one knew.