Negative Feedback

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by moo, Jan 25, 2015.

1. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

in my case the other parties feedback was out of spite with a lame excuse.i left negative first.seems like in yr case raven switched his off as I remember his feedback was visible...

2. cashgoldsilver

cashgoldsilver New Member

I have left Negative feedback before although not really wanting too,but felt it was completely justified but that is another story.

Note - This post is not written to offend or insult - just saying :)

I believe that you started the ball rolling towards the negative feedback because you gave the buyer the clear expectation and commitment that the item would be delivered the next day with the incorrect tracking number that you alone gave him,hence the fuse had been lit for your negative feedback.

Saying that you "were to busy" at work would not be an excuse that I would accept myself,because you had taken the buyers money and the obligation in my opinion is on you alone to keep the buyer 100% up to speed which by your own words you did not.

People today are always blaming everyone else other than themselves,when is it ever going to be my fault and total responsibility instead of the easy default position,hopefully soon then we will all be much better off,all of us.

You are very correct that the negative feedback must fit within forum guidelines,but this is yet to be determined.

Some people have high standards and expectations when it comes to trades,communication and posting,and any perceived "slap in the face" might always have an over reaction at the time with me being one.

Can I make one suggestion for you please - ask the buyer to contact GP to withdraw the negative feedback,because he does have the item now and it is all that you had said that it would be I am sure.

Can I also say that I would not have named the SSer in question because that is not going to help your case,making any further "friendly" correspondence more difficult.

Please also know that I do understand both side of this argument,but we all need to more diligent with all things Precious including our SSer relationships.

As Doctor Phil says - it does not matter how thin you make a pancake - it always has two side :D

I hope my different view on this will add to this short term problem being resolved.

I wish you well.

CGS :)

P.S. humble yourself and contact the buyer about removing your negative feedback.

3. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

moo, thank you for sharing

raven, welcome to my blacklist! ;)

4. moo

moo Member

I'm going to have to not agree with your whole post. Which is misrepresented.

I never once said next day. I said express. If an item isn't posted before 3pm (which I did post before 3pm) where I am it won't be next day. Also i am not in a guaranteed next day delivery. Which I believe would be the same with a lot of australians. But I sent it Tuesday. Learnt that a new tracking is given and responded with correct tracking wednesday afternoon and it was delivered Thursday. Feedback left after item delivered. less than a two day turn around once posted.

I believe genuine, honest mistakes don't turn instantly into negative feedback. I also don't believe that suddenly a $150 sale suddenly takes precedence over the company I manage, my staff and my family. I have responsibilities which in turn stop me from being available 24/7 to all PMs. But I use due diligence and try to afford the same treatment as I expect when I do a trade. I have very high standards with strong communication. No communication was afforded to me before the negative feedback was left.

I am taking accountability. I have also not blamed anyone. Hopefully you are reading the same post.

Now I would like to dispute the feedback. Which I was not sure what the best way to do this. I needed an example. And naming and shaming. It only takes a simpleton to realise I have one negative feedback. It is obvious who it was. So I gave raven the respect of using the members name. I also gave all members the respect of trying to be black and white with the situation as best as I could.

This is the questions and comments thread. I have not had a response in 4 days from an administrator or the purchaser. For my own peace of mind I am seeking helpful advice from more senior members. Which has been very helpful so far.

As I said this isn't a he said, she said thread. Nor am I pointing the finger. So please don't turn this thread into one.

5. cashgoldsilver

cashgoldsilver New Member

I would like to make 3 small points if I may about your response to my response :)

No 1 - If you are "too busy" with all of your "other responsibilities" then do not take someones money and make commitments that are not honoured,maybe wait until you have more time to give the process your full attention.

No 2 - I have been here on and off since 2011 as - - - - - - then - - - - - - and now cashgoldsilver with 65 (?) positive feedbacks and counting :D so I am a "more senior member" giving you some good advice :cool:

No 3 - Why waste more time and energy "disputing the feedback" as I previously said,just humble yourself and Pm the buyer and ask him to ask GP to withdraw it.

Try to enjoy the rest of your long weekend and not let this bump in the road rob you of anymore peace of mind,it is not worth it :)

Have a good day tomorrow.

God Bless.

CGS :)

6. moo

moo Member

Again. I still don't understand what posts you are reading. You keep shoving words into my mouth. I never said I was "too busy" and the transaction was honoured (I never made a statement that wasn't kept). I haven't seen any relevant advice or words on my current topic from you. I see you struggle with comprehension and to not make issues personal. I never stated that you are not a senior member, I am sorry that you feel you have to justify that you are. Full circle. I still haven't seen any good advice. But keep posting if you must.

Thank you for worrying about my time management and how I waste my time. I am hoping for a productive thread on how to resolve disputes and what the correct channels to take are. Hopefully it will help with any other members that are in my similar situation. This might be seen to you as wasting time (feel free to stop contributing) but I find this an important topic if I am going to remain trading on this forum.

How many posts you have and your feedback is not my concern nor do I base this as a good measurement for sound advice. It wouldn't surprise me if you are raven using a different account.

7. moo

moo Member

I have mentioned I have messaged raven numerous times with no response. But you don't seem to take into account any information I have given.

8. ultimacash

ultimacash Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not going to argue about this but if my feedback is justified then so is yours. I un buzzed your item because you took too long to respond and funds were allocated to another member. Via private message you were extreemly rude and I believe that you earn this Negative feedback. You were stiring trouble for hours over it so even if it is removed you still earnt it. There is no reason why you had to winge about an unbuzz over and over when my excuse was very reasonable. Also instead of trying to work it out you threatend me which hardly makes me want to deal with you. I wasn't going to waste anymore time on you but since you made it public I am saying my side of the story. You should get over it, I have accepted mine and moved on. End of story.

9. mats224

mats224 Active Member Silver Stacker

I purchased the Gold Chain from Moo at same time as the Silver one was purchased. Same thing he contacted me as soon as he could to let me know the tracking number had changed and it was delivered the next day. I was more than impressed with the sale and his communication for what its worth..

moo likes this.
  10. dragafem

I did not mention yr name here or in the other thread .You did yrself by giving me neg feedback.me rude? you should read your message again you have sent to me. why dont you put here what was your first excuse amongst other to cancel the deal.

please tell me what is the reasonable time for you to respond? 4hrs? as that was the time for you to cancel.....

admin will look into and make decision..all I can say is that you clearly abused the feedback system....

and if it was end of story for you ,you should not have posted anything here ;)

11. moo

moo Member

Still no reply here or via pm with me. Communication null and void. Raven has been on every day since negative feedback left and this thread started. Also noted that his feedback is still turned off.

Issue still existent and hasn't been addressed in over a week. I do not want to continue trading until I get a resolution.

I have also noted with some other feedback that has been left with me (positive). I have not been able to in turn leave feedback. So does that mean these members turn their feedback on and off to also leave feedback? is there any penalties for turning feedback off and than back on. Such as losing all original feedback.

Surely it is either one or the other. Not cake and eat it to.

12. dragafem

Same here :( I think u can easily turn feedback on and off anytime you want it.some members do that for a specific trade or a request just to show they do have feedback . dont know about penalty.

13. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Some do it as a security measure, and no you don't lose previous trading feedback.

14. moo

moo Member

If feedback is left than the member that has received feedback should have the option to also give feedback weather or not the other members feedback is on or off. Seems floored.

15. moo

moo Member

Over two weeks and still no reply from anyone.

16. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Leave negative feedback

17. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's hard impossible to leave feedback when the other party has turned off their feedback :/

18. dragafem

yes,same here.very poor form from admin not addressing this issue-seems like members can abuse the feedback system and breach the policy of the forum... :/

19. moo

moo Member

The integrity of buying and selling on here is put to question. Really there is already so much faith and trust being put into trading with members on here. That if the feedback system is not as close to reliable as it possibly can be. Than it becomes a place without governance. unreliable.

20. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

1 questionable feedback to every 100+ hardly makes one question the integrity of buying and selling here. Just because this is your opinion does in no way make it a fact.
    It's quite apparent you don't believe this as you are still selling items here.