Negative Feedback

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by moo, Jan 25, 2015.

1. moo

moo Member

I do not know what the judiciary system is for solving disputes and I am hoping for a point in the right direction. Also some advice would be appreciated.

The story:

Men's very Chunky Sterling Silver Chain, 163 grams, 39.5cm in length - $150

[​IMG]

I sold this chain with Express postage, tracking and signature included for $150 (92c a gram). Great price and hard to sell because it is such a small chain which wouldn't fit many necks and definitely not mine.
    Raven buzzed on the 15.01.2015 (Thursday)
    Communication between raven (the buyer) and myself seemed fine. I gave him my transfer details. To which he requested to either post money, or asked if I had an account with the big 4.
    To which I went out of the way to accommodate and organised account details for a Commonwealth bank account. No worries. Raven transferred the money over the weekend and I had confirmation the transfer had been successful Monday afternoon. I posted Tuesday afternoon. I had pre emailed the original express tracking number on the 19th (Monday) with confirmation that I would post on the 20th (Tuesday). When I went in I also included signature to the express post which changes the tracking number. I like to go over the top with postage to minimise any issues.

This is where it went pear shape. That afternoon I received an email letting me know the tracking number did not work. Due to work commitments I was not available that night to respond. The next day (21.1-Wed) I received a second email with one line

The accusation:

"So where is the chain you fleeced me for ?"

Wednesday afternoon I logged on and saw both messages. I apologised that the original tracking number was not the correct one and gave him the new, signature on delivery one. This is what I was originally logging in to do because this also needed to be done for some other sales.

That same night, Wednesday, I was left with negative feedback. Without any more email responses.

- Nothing stated that item was not as described.
    - Nothing stated packaging was not up to scratch (anyone that has dealt with me knows how fastidious I am)
    - Arrived in a timely manner
    - Any issues (wrong tracking) solved and rectified within a 24 hr period.
    - Accommodated another bank account to help buyer

The feedback left:

"totally frustrating ! full of BS excuses. dishonourable."

I believe this feedback breaks these rules about leaving negative feedback:

2. Feedback left was abusive, or in the opinion of the Administrator, defamatory. Negative feedback should be concise and factual.

6. A member submits a Statutory Declaration that the negative feedback left is factually incorrect.

I don't like the fact that it does not in any was stay concise or help any further potential members that deal with me. I believe the abbreviated swearing (BS) is abusive to me and anyone else who looks at my feedback. I don't believe feedback is at all factual. The trade has been honoured.

If the feedback said "gave me the wrong tracking number but was rectified within 24 hrs. Still frustrating!" Then that would give future potential deals an understanding to why the negative feedback was left. Then future members can decide if they still want to trade with me. Still even then, that is a high standard of leaving negative feedback and hard to stomach as communication was constant through every stage.

I have seen previous posts like this and they become pages long and it becomes a back and forth. With comments like "solve this privately" "give a refund" "you shouldn't make this public". My problem is I have tried to contact raven and an administrator and after 3-4 days and no response but still a tarnished name. I am wondering if I am missing some step to get a resolution. I do not want to create an argument or make this personal. But I would like to know that there is a better system in place for victims of unfair negative feedback (that doesn't follow negative feedback guidelines).

Has anyone else had any problems with negative feedback and more importantly have you had any success in disputing said feedback?

all help is appreciated.

2. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You are 100% positive in my book. :)

moo likes this.
  3. moo

moo Member

Means a lot mate. Thank you

4. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Careful in respect to Administrators, it is a long weekend. You may be the pot calling the kettle black. Give them a few more days.

5. moo

moo Member

I do understand that this is what I am doing. Who is the right administrator to contact in regards to an issue like this?

6. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

unwarranted neg feedback imo

7. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My guess is *the* Administrator is GP (who is in a different country/timezone).

8. moo

moo Member

So the correct way to handle this is to PM GP directly about the dispute. There is no form to fill out or sub-administrator that handles trade disputes?

9. moo

moo Member

I find it reckless. Which in turn I never realised how helpless I am once it does happen on here. I can't even leave feedback for him. So it is a one sided feedback system if negative feedback is left first. Without consequence.

10. whinfell

As far as I know there is no form to fill out.

I suggest you use the email address given in the last paragraph of the Forum Rules

11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is it possible to put a link to this page in your profile which explains the circumstance and other people's postive impressions?

12. moo

moo Member

Im confused as to what you might be referring to?

Are you asking for other SS members feedback on me. that can be found by clicking the trade link under my DP to the left of this post.

13. Garnet

Garnet Active Member Silver Stacker

+1

14. whinfell

No - I think Julie is suggesting you add something like this to your profile :)

See below VVVVVVV

15. moo

moo Member

This is a good interim idea. Thanks Julie and Whinfell!

16. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

dont worry,you are not alone.Im dealing with the same problem.I opened the thread in the member only section as did not want to make a big deal out of it.im waiting on respond too for days now although GP was present on the forum and had the time to comment on not really important things...

he set the rules about abusing the feedback so he should be on top of these issues

17. moo

moo Member

I am in agreeance. I sent a PM to GP on the 22nd and 23rd. No response. I've noticed similar activity through the forum. A simple acknowledgement would go a long way. If I am suppose to go through another moderator or administrator for these issues than that is fine. But who?

Otherwise if left unchecked we encourage reckless cowboys and tarnished names. A place where I don't have time to entertain if that is the case.

It also means someone can easily create multiple accounts using different emails, IP addresses, VPNs, Proxies and make small purchases (rack up a couple 100 posts) and then be the first to leave feedback, negatively and say what they want with out consequence or dispute. But still get a perfectly good trade (item) and no negative feedback themselves.

18. whinfell

If GP is the relevant admin, he may be taking a break - for all we know, he could be up to his armpits wrestling alligators in the Everglades :)

It's also worth pointing out that the other party (raven) has the right of reply. Perhaps GP is waiting to hear raven's side of the story? Or now, that this is in public, raven has the opportunity to reply here and put his side of the story. He's around - he was logged in this morning, and if he doesn't respond soon I think that speaks volumes :|

For the record - I've traded with moo, and I'll be happy to trade with him again.

19. moo

moo Member

So I have noticed you both have left negative feedback. But I cannot for Raven. Does this mean he has given me negative feedback and then switched his feedback off? Because he did/ does have 20 odd feedback when we started the trade.
    If he turns it back on does he still retain all original feedback? Once you turn off feedback it does say you cannot leave feedback. So he would have to have turned it off after leaving me negative feedback.

So every time he trades he can turn it back on. Receive feedback (or not) and give feedback but then switch it back off?

20. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Guys, I've been swamped (no pun intended) - flying OS tomorrow and been very busy in the lead up to this travel.

There are a couple of negative feedback issues to deal with amongst other numerous things - they will be addressed.