Need help ebay bidding on 689panda auction

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by davidt3251, Oct 12, 2016.

1. davidt3251

davidt3251 New Member

Hello Silver Stackers,

Its been awhile!

Just need some assistance here...

ebay seller 689panda has been marketing on the MCC blogs promoting their ebay sales.

I am in Canada and was blocked from bidding, presumably as shipping prices weren't set. The listing said to ask the seller about shipping, which I did. 689panda asked for a US shipping address, which I offered. Then I am told to "buzz off" and "to not contact them anymore". Still blocked...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers!

-davidt3251

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Not surprised. True colors always eventually show themselves. Just as when an orange is squeezed, orange juice comes out. So when the life of a person is squeezed, their true 'juices' shows itself. And this juice looks really nasty, sour, and putrid. Good riddance to that juice.

Stay away from that seller. It appears he has some prejudices.

Thanks for the heads up David.

By the way, who is the seller in this eBay thread? I think I need to go post this over at CCF. Man, this sellers true color is pretty nasty. Who is?

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hmm, if he doesn't want you to bid, then you shouldn't bid. As much as he should have been more tactful in relaying that message to you, we should also respect his right as a seller to decide whom he wants to sell the item to.

4. badon

badon New Member

Altima, where does this quote come from?:

"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

5. davidt3251

davidt3251 New Member

Hello Captain Obvious, I mean Altima,

So your assessment is the seller doesnt want to sell to me? Thats not my assessment at all. Your assessment is because you are bidding and dont want competition.

I have impeccable ebay feedback. I have over 400% the feedback of 689panda. 689panda wants to sell to me but just doesnt know it yet. Thats why I asked for assistance.

I dont know 689panda from a hole in the ground. I have never spoken to 689panda. I have never emailed 689panda. The behavior of 689panda within the MCC community is simply bizzare.

Imagine trying to sell MCC and then blocking the very same people who you are marketing to. How does that work? Your post didnt explain the irrational behavior of this seller. In fact your post didnt address my question at all!

My post asked for assistance. I use online bidding services all the time but it would be better and cheaper to work with a fellow forum member to solve this problem. (Note thats my suggestion, not yours. Thats what assistance is called)

Your post isnt an appropriate reply to my request. Actually its not only completely unhelpful, but its causing global warming unnecessarily consuming server power to host it.

-davidt3251

6. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

lol.. so i wonder who is going to step in and help. That is quite a price for that medal!

Originally I thought it was because he doesn't want to ship cross borders. barsenault, there's nothing about true colors here. He just doesn't want to ship international at first, why? there's plenty of reasons. Then when offered a US. address, he probably should've started off with that.

Best thing to do is create a new account with the US address as a confirmed address. One cannot just supply another address. It has to be a confirmed address.

So which one of you will volunteer to bid for david otherwise everyones post is useless! lol

good luck!

7. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

Also, one other thing. If dude is willing to sacrifice a potential high bidder to drive up the bids because he doesn't like you, that says a lot in itself. Not everything is about $$$. lol

#justsayin

8. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Ha! You think I'll bid from a person who treats people that way? 'buzz off?' um, afraid not silverpv. I've done a lot for this community, as some can attest. I've graded for them at no cost (giving them a free 10% discount because of the NGC level I have). I've shipped stuff to Russian friends at no cost (meaning they paid for everything, but the labor, the work, the process - i charged not a penny). I did it to simply help folks. Nah, I don't do business with folks like the one who treats people the way he treated David. You may not think there is anything wrong with this behavior, but I do. We each have our own perception on how the world should turn...and we happen to not see in the same direction. :D

9. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

Well, i think people are allowed to do what they want privately. This was a private conversation taken public. If you look at what david said to Altima, he said he wasn't useful. David asked for help to bid regardless of what was said to him. So it's not me you don't see eye to eye with. Nor is it me justifying the behavior. I provided two options. One was to create a new account, so he could do it himself. The other was to see who would do what he was asking help for, so we wouldn't be unhelpful and cause global warming.. :lol:

I didn't actually think any of you would bid for David. It was just teasing you guys. lol

10. badon

badon New Member

This whole thing looks very sad in my eyes. I know both of these people, and I never would have expected them to have any kind of conflict at all, let alone among their friends (us). That said, I can understand the frustration and urgency on both sides - dare I say it, adrenaline even. We're talking about one of the rarest and most important coins in the history of the People's Republic of China (PRC). The seller and the bidders know the stakes here, and they are both probably overreacting from the stress of it all. I'm speaking from experience when a very similar thing happened to me, on a coin I desperately wanted to own.

For what it's worth, I hope the seller gets a dazzling price for his coin, and I hope davidt3251 is allowed to bid on it. Public disagreements like this put a stain on the whole market that can take years to clean off. This is a hobby that is supposed to be a fun pastime. I urge everyone to be supportive of these 2 members of our group, but also perhaps put a little peer pressure on them to work this issue out so they both can return to enjoying this incredible modern Chinese coins (MCC) market.

We're all very lucky to be here. The right time, and the right place. It won't kill us to share some kindness and thoughtful advice from time to time, so we can stay cohesive as a group through good times and bad. It will be worth it in the long run.

11. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

I agree with you badon this doesn't do the market any good.

12. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't want to defend anyone, but there are many auctions on feeBay that I cannot bid on, because I don't have address in US or somewhere else and I don't go complaining about it on forum.

I agree that seller's response was not the nicest one, but so were also not questions from author of this thread.

If seller doesn't ship to my country I ask him politely and if still doesn't ship I ask some of the people I know from US or somewhere else if they can help me out. If I really want item so much.

There is also option of mail forwarding.

Many people here complained about shipping PM abroad or even shipping in general. Some people burnt with 1 buyer and they don't want to ship outside their country. Quite possibly some of these are now wondering in this thread why somebody does the same.

In the end a lot of words will be wasted for nothing, seller's reputation will be decreased and buyer won't be still able to bid.

Sometimes it's good to go on fresh air before starting a new crusade...

13. Altima

Oh wow. I'm just giving my advice from a perspective of a seller who has in the past chose not to sell to certain individuals for personal reasons. I believe that's how it works in the marketplace, that you need both a willing buyer and seller so both parties can engage in an amicable trade.

I am not interested in Chinese medals and whatnots but from your tone and reply, I believe that you see yourself as someone who deserves to own this medal more than anyone else. So I wish you good luck in your endeavour.

14. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

hi david how r uremember menaomi

15. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I agree with Altima on this. A seller has every right to deny a sale to anyone and also has a right to be nasty about it.

As a buyer, you have every right not to give your business to someone who you feel treats you unfairly or worse.

There are bad sellers. There are bad buyers.

I see nothing inherently unusual about a seller not wanting a buyer to bid or have any contact with a buyer as inherently unusual. I see this sort of thing on eBay on occasion. In fact, just in the past day I have gotten some of the nastiest comments from an arrogant, childish seller who created the problem that I was forced to contact him about and this pugnacious seller is blaming me for the problem he created. This schmuck seller will never again get my business. Simple. End of story. I have no interest in trying to force him to accept my bids and I won't get angry at him if he puts me on his no bidding list....I expect it from a very irresponsible, childish and unprofessional person like that.

The pressumption that david was blocked from bidding because david is from Canada is merely an assumption....no evidence whatsoever is given in the initial comment to support that assumption. In fact, evidence to the contrary appears to be evident. The seller made this revealing comment: "This is KOT! Indeed a small world. Buzz off." Clearly there seems to be an implication that the seller has some personal perception, knowledge, or experience with david.....otherwise why would that specific thing be written by the seller?

In my view, it seems a simple remedy....david should not give his business to that seller and just move on. Simple. End of story.

16. davidt3251

davidt3251 New Member

"I agree with Altima on this. A seller has every right to deny a sale to anyone and also has a right to be nasty about it."

Where do these rights come from?

What rights does a seller have if they come on this forum and invite members, without limitation, to bid on their item?

Then they are subject to criticism for failing to hold up their end of the bargain by blocking forum members.

All sellers who want to block bidders on a forum they are advertising on should post the names of bidders who are blocked. In other words, BEFORE they get nasty. Otherwise why would anyone bid on items from that seller? Under those conditions alone, a seller has no right to be nasty.

Aside from that, when a seller wants to curtail getting the best price for their product, as 689panda did, it simply represents a poorly run business that loses money.

Because, by being nasty to ALL members of this forum, they turn away a lot of bidders.

Remember: I have never met 689panda in person, I have never spoken to 689panda (ebay gave me his contact info but he never came to the phone, hiding behind his secretary), and I have never emailed 689panda. You can see 689panda doesnt dispute this.

In fact, when I called ebay about 689pada's nastiness, they were particularly incensed by the fact that he did not try to work it our with the buyer AS REQUIRED UNDER EBAY POLICY. ebay said that 689panda's actions violate ebay policies and his account is being reviewed and may be suspended.

So, do ebay sellers still have the right to be nasty? Not according to ebay and especially not when they are in VIOLATION of ebay policies!

So, mmissinglink, you are wrong.

Its simply bad business.

17. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

David,

The right is inherent under natural law.

There's no rule that I'm aware of that someone isn't permitted to offer items for sale to SS forum members in the forum. So the "right" is granted by the forum admins.

Any seller can choose to not sell to any buyer. It is extremely arrogant to think that a buyer can force a seller to sell to the buyer just because the buyer demands it.

Any buyer can criticize any seller but the seller has the right to criticize the buyer also.

A seller has a right to be nasty. Only an arrogant person would deny such a right to someone.

What law is there for your 5th statement in your above post???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

A seller has every right not to get the best price for the item s/he is selling and it doesn't represent poor selling practice.

There's not a shred of evidence that the seller was nasty to all members.....you are making up all sorts of false claims. The real question is why do you do that?

A seller can freely choose not to do business with any buyer. Please stop thinking that you have some crazy right to force sellers to do things you want them to do.

A seller has every right to be nasty to any buyer he believes to be a nasty buyer.

Any buyer can cause any seller to be reviewed for possibly violating an eBay policy. Any seller can do the same to any buyer. eBay guidelines and policies are not rights.

You are wrong on every single argument, david. You come across as exceptionally arrogant. I will be putting you on my blocked bidder list on eBay.

Good luck in life.

18. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

There in no call to be nasty on either side of the situation. Buyer and seller should just treat each other respectfully. To do otherwise is just bad form and bad business.

However, a seller does have every right to exclude an individual from purchasing from them. They own the item and can dictate the terms by which they will sell it. Given the animus between the buyer and seller I can certainly understand why the seller would not want to have a business relationship between them.

19. Altima

I am still honestly surprised you don't realize that the buyer knows something about you, and therefore chooses not to let you bid on the item. FYI, he is also on this forum and is probably having a laugh that you are still trying to get people to bid on your behalf.

I have nothing else to add, other than leaving this quote from my signature:

"Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything."

20. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

He even uploaded printscreens of his conversation with the seller where is clear that he basically threated the seller to allow him to bid (or else I will call to the office...) and then he is wondering why seller replied in such a way.

So either this buyer is joking or he is totally naive.

Additionally you need to be careful about the data you publish online, like you showing whole screen and name of the wi-fi connection.