Need advice on stacking silver .

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mel1092, Apr 25, 2020.

1. mel1092

mel1092 Member

oh so you think trading stocks is better than metals for short term profits ?. I gave always been scared to trade in stocks cause I hear a lot of stories of people losing thier money . But I don’t know much about it to be honest .

2. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

I can say then, Your now betting on the right horse, keep it up :), On SM, no sure hit to make money, mostly miss looking short term profit.
    Like what happened to those who invest prior pandemic.
    Should never sail on uncharted territories.

3. Tin Can

Tin Can Active Member

4. LiverBird

LiverBird Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

1kg cast bars FTW!

5. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Can you make profit on 1kg bars like if I decided to resell them in a year or not really.

6. LiverBird

LiverBird Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@Jason1 has given you some solid advice within his posts imo. Re-read what he's posted & make up your mind from there..........I'd just be echoing his comments tbh.

Jason1 likes this.
  7. Feduptryingnames

Feduptryingnames Member

I’m a new stacker never having had gold or silver before.

From my perspective 10oz,1kg and 100oz bars is what I would be interested in. Remember the casting fee and admin when buying should be slightly cheaper with the bigger bars and the bigger bars should be just as easy to sell with the added advantage of dealing with fewer people during the sale.

Can you make money on them. Probably if the price goes up or you buy when the price is low or there is a shortage of silver bars like there is now. Unfortunately there are a lot of greedy people trying to make a killing during the shortage. I’ve seen prices of $40 per Oz on 1kg bars which I refuse to pay as you would have to wait along time just to get your money back.
    My suggestion would be to open a Perth mint bullion depository account and buy pooled as there isn’t any cast fee or charge for storage. You can then sell when you want or convert the bullion to allocated and collect it.

8. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

yer you would have tobe absolutely insane to pay $40 an ounce when the spot price is under $24. But hey if some one is silly enough to pay that, then Ill happily sell it to them lol.

Use this time to save fiat for when supply returns, is the best bet and not fall into the current price trap.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  9. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have bought and sold kilo bars here on the forum and yes you can make profits. It's probably as close to spot as you can get when buying silver. But you got to try and time your entries. For example If you bought it at $45 p/oz like it was back in 2011 you would be losing almost half your money now. Nothing is guaranteed, time your entries.