Name and Shame Petition

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by hem9, May 1, 2013.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I know what an ip address is but im a computer spastic & only know the absolute basics & tbh i dont feel the need to learn about it .I just learn what i need to as i go along .

2. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

I've thought long and hard about this issue, purposefully, and I am a proponent of the current system. I encourage you to read the feedback of every member you are about to trade with. Naming and shaming or flagging can cause a mess we don't want to deal with. DYODD

3. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The feedback system is lacking in few aspects.

IMO, as a very minimum it should have the following fields:

1. Size of transaction (not a dollar amount, but some type of indicator. Perhaps even a flag for small transactions e.g. trivial = smaller than $300).
    2. Whether the member was a buyer or seller.

It would also be nice to have an optional 'Verified' status where a member can send a copy of their 100 point ID to GP (plus a small fee) and has it verified and kept on record in case something goes wrong.

4. renovator

yeah im not sure about flagging both parties that will only put both on the craplist .like the pelican says theres usually a few different stories .I rhink flagging needs to be done after it has been sorted & the guilty party gets flagged ..... for eternity .For the simple fact if you cant honour a deal your a fleabag . Ive heard it all in the years ive been in business & anybody real will just refund, exchange or come to an amicable agreement if they cant they shouldnt have a second chance to screw others

5. renovator

WHAAAAAT !!!! you are joking arent you ?oh fk me the hypocrite strikes again you whinge about infringement of rights & gov intervention ,information gathering,free trade & now you want info on people here that trade ? 100 points of ID ? :rolleyes: Oh man your worse than auspm :lol: That way the pelican can be big brother .. as if he hasnt got enough to do already now you want him to start a data base & process/store everyones info .Get a grip on reality wilbur get a grip man

6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Maybe instead of naming and shaming you could always write a song instead and make a motza :cool:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NOqnm5cKic[/youtube]

7. renovator

That needs to be the penalty for screwing someone here . Sing that song in a leotard in the main street of your capital city .

8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

That is an astonishingly crap video. The only thing I got out of it was that I may need to pop my collar when I don my sports coat. Oh and you should always make sure the mic lead is visibly plugged in to something, especially when your lip-syncing fails.

9. willrocks

Renovator, it's obvious you don't like me, and that's OK with me, it really is.

Being retired you obviously have a lot of time on your hands. Enough time that you're able read my every post and bang out long incoherent ramblings (with a single index finger I might add).

Why not find something positive to do with that time? I dunno, perhaps they have an opening down at your local Centerlink or basket weaving club?

Your friend,

Willrocks

10. willrocks

And without any way to join a SS id to a real person, how would the "guilty party get flagged ..... for eternity"? They only need to reset their IP and create a new account, get some trivial feedback and do it all over again.

11. renovator

Its not that i dont like you you have many useful things to say but sometimes you forget to engage your brain before you put your mouth into gear (or should i say typing digits)

I dont dislike anybody here there just comes a time when im reading things & its so hypocritical of the posters other posts i need to say something .I read a lot & have a good memory so when you or someone else says something i know at other times youve cried about i have to post .

Unlike yourself i dont need to take cheap potshots . Facts only facts .I dont like hypocrites changing their tune to suit the situation .Your like auspm in a lot of ways thinking i dont like you & thats not the case i didnt dislike him either he was just a hypocrite of the highest order & full of empty rhetoric ....like yourself . Both of you type long winded posts believing your own BS thinking you can save the world .

Reality is a long way from whats going on in your mind .

As for the basket weaving i might give it a go one day i dont know how to do everything ....like yourself :lol: