My Silver saved my life

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by copperhead, Sep 15, 2017.

1. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

2107 was a year of expenses . Yet some how I kept stacking .
    As a saying goes the chickens come home to roost . Last week was D day for me
    I had house taxes to pay . I Had to Pay !! & don't need any more details then that
    I was short around $3200 . 4 days before D day I noticed relativity speaking silver at a high
    approaching $18 I figure I'll go Saturday to sell due to work during the week .
    Since I have an emotional attachment to any portion of my stack
    I make a few calls about a Loan using some silver as collateral .
    After hearing the terms I opt out , No point putting $6000 silver collateral out there
    for a loan that will have interest of $400 to $600 . A fast bank loan with out collateral
    was still 19% .
    So I sold off some silver and lent my self money . The purge consisted of Generic rounds that now I see
    have a point ( the first to go) The feeling of saving my home due to the wisdom of having silver
    is enlightening . I am Thankful for each and every silver purchase . Also to see how important every $20 bucks is spent in life forms a truth
    ( Try not to waste too much money)
    To celebrate today - I bought some eagles from JMB .

Buying silver is one thing but when you finally connect it to a day when you sell some
    that is the day you see the hard work and diligence of the purchases .
    For me it also connected me to something humans have been doing and the feeling of
    having a pile of silver to sell for sustenance . I said to the shop owner as neat rows of 10 ounce high rounds were laid out for the count / How many years have people been doing this with silver ? He said Thousands !
    I don't put these words out with out some respect to any members with a portion
    of or most of there stack from the days of $40 per ounce . Remember - -
    A bird in the hand is worth more then 2 in the bush

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  2. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Depends taxes can range from $600 and UP and I mean UP so $4,500 per year is kinda normal
    If you mis 2 years paying house taxes the state can sell your home
    so really what do we really own .

3. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's true what they say. Don't pay taxes for a few years, and see who really owns your house.

Seven of nine likes this.
  4. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

19% bank interest is ridicules these days. I only receive 1% from Chase Bank on my USD. We used to call sharking that sort of profit margins few years earlier.

5. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

We own our silver as long as it does not get stolen .
    Cash is the bridge to the chattel we need in our lives
    but it always amaze's me when I need to sell some silver, all it takes is one phone call & come on down .
    Just the same I need restructure , I would rather not have to make that phone call any time soon

6. Fat Penguin

Fat Penguin Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I used to pay $500 a month property tax in California, and $500 a month air conditioning in the summer months....oh yeah this was in 2002, shudder to think what it is now...