My Disclaimer.

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, May 26, 2015.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

My posts are for information and education purposes, although I MAY (more than likely) buy/sell/hold the MCC I write about, so I may not be unbiased in readers eyes. Contact a coin dealer or financial advisor before acting on what I have posted. Thanks, barsenault, iluvmysilver, and chinesemedals.com

All the best in your endeavors, here or otherwise.

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The purpose?

3. barsenault

So I don't get accused of being a pumper & dumper, which I know this disclaimer will perhaps do nothing to resolve, because I love my chinese medals, and say so in my videos - with great passion I might add. :D

To some, it appears that it comes from ulterior motives of being a pumper, and then dumping on the unsuspecting public. :rolleyes: But, I will go on to pump the beauty of the artistic appeal of these amazing works, and if I happen to sell a few or a slew of them on my website, and elsewhere, the disclaimer is here for all to see. :cool:

I can love them, I can collect them, and I can rant about them, and yes, I can even sell them (to the dismay of some). :lol: Thanks much, P&D. :D:lol:

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I have never perceived you as a pumper-dumper, Barsenault. Pumper-dumper generally are not collectors and generally have no attachment to the merchandise they pump....you, on the other hand, love your Chinese medals and I know you are a collector.

Incidentally, for some reason, chinesemedals.com is not loading into my browser. I use Firefox...do you know if there are any compatibility issues with Firefox? It could be my system since recently I had a series of power failures and my PC has oddly lost USB functionality but I seem to have no problems with connecting to all the usual sites I visit on the web.

5. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Put it in your signature ;)

6. barsenault

Great idea house! I'll do it right now!

7. barsenault

Hello missing! Great to hear from you sir! Thanks much for the encouraging words. I know both you and I share the same passion and love for Chinese medals. I just sent in a slew of my medals (finally) for grading. I can't wait. I'm sending in a slew to NCS & NGC, can't wait to see the results for the some of my rare, older medals. :) I'll keep you posted. I may only show a select few friend for obvious reasons (you being one of them).

the site is not operational just yet, still fine tuning the details. I have a business partner in Asia who will also be giving some good input on the site, even adding Chinese notes. It will be an evolutionary process. The main goal as you know, and you were the first and only to know about it back in Dec, is to offer great prices, quick turn around, and good product, and lots and lots of graded medals. Thanks for your encouragement to take the leap of faith my friend. I hope you are well. So happy to see that your Xishi is doing sooooo well!! You were the one who got that issue off the ground (IMHO). Kudos!! You should get a commission for all the sales from the dealers in China, because it was you who brought recognition of that piece to the world, and I say that with the utmost humility, and NOT because your my good friend...thems are the facts, jack. :D

Hey China dealers, feel free to send Missing a PM to thank him for generating revs for your business. :D

8. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I know this may sound over humbling, but the best form of "commission" to me in regards to Chinese medals is knowing that there are new fans of these spectacular "numismatic" keepsakes who are appreciating the ownership of them as much as I appreciate mine.

I suppose it might be like enthusiasts of rare and unusual cars....the buyers are first and foremost lovers of that which they buy, regardless if they can turn around in 6 months or 6 years and make profit or not from selling it.

If the values of Chinese medals goes up, well, that's okay...not my main concern at all. Being able to share my appreciation of medals with others who also appreciate their beauty...now that's priceless!

9. barsenault

Amen to That!!