My 2000 Mirrored Panda Shipped for USD$350.00 Authentic or Fake... ?

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by silverfever, Apr 13, 2012.

1. shibaji

shibaji New Member

Unfortunately, I can still see the seller has kept the fake 2000 mirror panda listed - even after two ordeals. This does not get a good score in my book. I would be very cautious dealing with him ever.

2. low

low New Member

Years ago when I just started collecting banknotes, I don't know anything about washed and pressed banknotes. I bought some from a reputable seller (100% positive feedback over many years of trading on ebay with a very impressive inventory and even more impressive collection). Later when I found out what I bought were indeed washed and cleaned, I was very angry and sent him a message.

He replied in very diplomatic way, saying he is a beginner and will refund my money. He made me feel very warm and he will take care of me. Honestly, at that moment of time, I have forgotten about the fact hw was selling me rubbish and really think he is the best. All good and seems happy ending. Hahahaha.

Unfortunately, the real ugly truth is, this seller is the expert in washing and cleaning banknotes and he is the main supplier of these banknotes.

That seller and his gang of friends operate in this way, and despite the high value rubbish (some are 4 figures crap) they sell, you don't see even 1 negative feedback in their ebay profile.

Now I am not saying the panda seller is equally bad. I don't know. Every time I read similar story I thought of that banknotes seller.

3. SantozSilver

SantozSilver New Member

in other say "Good reputation/feedback doesn't always guarantee the good item". Am i right?

4. low

low New Member

Err. I will say be very cautious when a seller who sold a problem (cleaned or fake) coin and when asked, offer instant refund without question. Too good to be true.

Perhaps I should also add, few years ago when I started collecting (raw) coins, I stumble upon a highly reputable old dealer (in his 70s), a true gentleman (only in email dealings). He always told me he offered 14 days no question refund which is the best return policy offered among his peers. He appeared to be a very friendly dealer and answer all my questions in detail. Excellent service all the way.

Truth, every silver coins I bought from him were cleaned.

I also heard all the ugly stories from my collector friends who has confronted him in person. Hahaha.

5. Imaginasian23

Imaginasian23 New Member

I should have made my post a little clear. I was in a rush to post b/c my wife was ready to go eat. In any case, I agree with silverfever that I would have to defend Robert here. I believe I got the Panda about the same time as silverfever did & Robert (1oz.com) mentioned that he got the coins from a dealer from Germany World Fair. He admitted that he did not know too much about Panda's & will not deal with any Panda prior to 2010. He did refund my money. He still has the coin listed - BUT in the description "OUT OF STOCK." He seems honest & probable upset that he got scammed himself.

6. silverfever

silverfever New Member

The listing says OUT OF STOCK and cannot be added to your cart.

He has every single panda listed there but 90% are not available.

In fact, I will continue to purchase from him but not pandas of course.

7. silverfever

silverfever New Member

I would not hesitate in purchasing from him. His delivery charges through registered mail are very reasonable and the coins are packed very well.

8. yan

yan New Member

Good to see a happy ending.
    Stick to my first comment, I don't think he knows the panda is fake if he wants to continue his business in this field.
    Thanks to all experienced and specialized guys like you.

This forum is a very good platform to learn and verify coins!

9. Catseye

Catseye New Member

Edit: No post

10. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

I'm not trying to be negative against this seller but I personally would not buy pandas from him as he apparently does not have enough exposure to them to properly identify them. That's just me and my opinion as there are too many other available sources.

Money tied up, ordering, shipping and returns are all hassles to me and a waste of time.

That's just my opinion but hey ... do what makes you happy is my mantra :)