multicuturalism they said, religion of peace they said

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by lshallperish, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

...Monckton cited several passages of the Koran that he says call for the murder of nonbelievers, but failed to include the portions of the Christian Bible that call for the execution of homosexual men (Leviticus 20:13), the stoning death of adulterous women (Luke 16:18) and the killing of "sorceresses" (Exodus 22:17), blasphemers (Leviticus 24:10), and whole cities if they follow other religions (Deuteronomy 13:13-19).
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/...ns-of-quran-jail-anyone-who-reads-them-aloud/

2. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Active Member Silver Stacker

The thing I do not get is why the media only reports all the Muslim suicide bombers, why the hell are the media not reporting all the Christian suicide bombers? I think it is a conspiracy against Islam by Western Govt.

You never hear of Churches being raided or Christian book stores which to me is an example of the bias against Islam.

Blatant examples of the media being controlled and working with Govt once again.

3. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks. That's the sort of garbage I'm after. Most of those aren't really in the same league as the Koran ones though.

"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." (Leviticus 20:13)

The adultery one is just weird:
    "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." (Luke 16:18)

Killing of sorceresses (which is actually Exodus 22:18) isn't really a problem since there's no such thing. - "Do not allow a sorceress to live."

"Anyone who has sexual relations with an animal is to be put to death." (Exodus 22:19)

The blasphemers one: Leviticus 24:10 should be verses 13-16:
    "13 Then the Lord said to Moses: 14 "Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him. 15 Say to the Israelites: 'Anyone who curses their God will be held responsible; 16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death."

The funny thing about that one is that the very next verse says: "'Anyone who takes the life of a human being is to be put to death." So kill the blasphemer and then kill yourself :p

The Deuteronomy one is the best:

4. boyracer

boyracer Member

I'm sure you would have been of great comfort to all the "witches" of Salem!! :/

5. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As with the punishment of any other crime should be more worried about the lapse in due process. If due process was followed then the Salem "witches" wouldn't have had any problems.

6. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Due process is a thing of the past. The rights Australians once had are gone.

For example the right to trial by jury has been under constant attack. They (judges and politicians) have removed the right to civil trial by jury. They've twisted the meaning of indictable and introduced 'summary' offenses to bypass the constitutional right to jury. No they're trying to remove jury trials for criminal cases.

Politicians hate trial by jury because it removes their 'right' to legislate stupid laws.

7. boyracer

boyracer Member

Define due process. Nebulous concept in my view.

8. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g[/youtube]

9. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Active Member Silver Stacker

11. elninjo

elninjo New Member

Thing is Pete, and we've been over this alreadyI think twice now is that Christians have the new testamentin other words they have recognized that they need to omit certain passages to move with the times.Islam is steadfast in a no change policy

The Old Testament is a collection of religious writings by ancient Israelites
    The Quran is a complete record of the exact words revealed by Allah through the Archangel Gabriel
    This is why Islam will never move into the 21st Century, it cant and yeah its illegal to preach parts of it here but it still happens.

12. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As a kid, all pieces of dirty text in a paperback were underlined by the previous reader. No need to waste your time on the "clean" bits.

Having a Koran with the evil bits highlighted will certainly save a lot of time!

13. elninjo

elninjo New Member

There are none so blind as those who will not see

14. smk762

Revelation 22:18

15. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

16. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

I try to stay away from these threads as most people have polarised views and discussion rarely, or seldom at best, changes the mind. Anyway, here I go.

Regarding Christianity... It means "little Christ" in other words, people who follow Jesus the Christ. The Jewish books were filled with laws that helped to keep society civilised. There were also rules about justice. Remember, the world was different then. There were also prophesies about God bringing about "His Kingdom".... In other words, heaven on earth.

Well, YHWH (the name of the Jewish God) who is not the same as Allah by the way. That is something you need to understand... They are not one and the same.... He gave these laws only because the people needed them, not because he wanted to bury them in legalism.

Well, the Jews were looking for YHWH to come and bring justice to their enemies. Instead they got Jesus, the fulfilment of all law, and he was all about MERCY, GRACE AND FORGIVENESS. remember he changed the "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" to turn the other cheek, walk the extra mile and if someone asks for your coat, give the your tunic too. He turned it all on its head. He said pray for your enemies. THEY DID NOT LIKE IT!!

You see, Bible believing Little Christs do not believe in Old Testament Law as Jesus came to teach that He was the fulfilment of the law.

It is when Jesus comes again "The Second Coming" that he will bring justice to all. He will do it, not people on this earth. So, Little Jesus-es are told to watch and pray, and to do good. We are to give to the poor, to forgive those who persecute us and to turn the other cheek.

In terms of Islam, I will only say that it is very different to Christianity. Sure, all three faiths go back to Abraham, but Judaism and Christianity serve YHWH WHILE Islam serves Allah.

I have not heard of Christians bringing about a new kingdom through violence. The teachings of Jesus never support this. Even when he was arrested and Peter chopped off the ear off a guard, Jesus told him to pull his head in and he healed the ear.

When Rome was rounding up Christians to feed to the lions for entertainment... They stood still and sang hymns. This is a documented fact, not teapot in the sky thinking.

I try to always say "love and compassion" is the way forward, and I spoke to some lovely Moslem people this morning, and just heard their stories of the past two weeks, and I kept saying to myself that I need to love them, and hopefully my life will show them that the teachings of Jesus is the way to heaven, not of violence or coersion.

JMHO

Shiny.

17. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When Rome was rounding up Christians to feed to the lions for entertainment... They stood still and sang hymns. This is a documented fact, not teapot in the sky thinking.

Documented, but not a fact.

sammysilver BD MTh

18. smk762

19. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When will any of this ever end?

[​IMG]

20. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.