Mulligan mint seized by court Order

Discussion in 'Silver' started by iceblue, Jul 31, 2013.

1. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

A question aside the focus, I just read that the Mulligan Mints produces the blancs too, which surprises me abit, I always thought that Mints bought blancs from big metal processors. Mullligan Mint is a rather small business, so investing in all the machinery for this scale of production, appears as weird to me.

3. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

Rob Gray stuffed up, he should have had a good chat to Brian and had his mint in Bolivia where know one is accountable.
    There really is some dodgie stuff going on behind the scenes in some of these places, Rob Gray has been trouble since day 1 and these fellas will never get along. The whole thing was destined to fail from the start.

4. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

It's a shame, just when it looked like their quality was under control

5. volrathy

volrathy Active Member

Its a shame it didnt happen sooner

6. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

I wonder how will this affects prices of released coins. :)

7. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Won't have much of an effect, they were all set/closed mintages so premiums should remain close to the same levels as current

8. Pirocco

9. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. Pirocco

That server shows me a "Public Access Error"

11. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

OK, go to: http://courts.dallascounty.org/default.aspx
    Click on 'Civil District Case Information'
    Enter Case Number: DC1307434 then click 'Search'
    On the next page, click on the 'DC-13-07434' link and browse ...

12. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Umm.. I don't know closed mintages. They were still minting Freedom Girls on the 25/7!

13. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gilligans Mint :lol:

14. Pirocco

That worked, thanks.
    It's a complex story, centered around a collateral dispute where RMC states the bag silver as its property while MM states that they had several deliveries and that it wasn't just RMC's silver.
    With the judge deciding in RCM's favor, seizing MM's assets as to make sure that properties/eventual collateral won't be smuggled away.
    There is a contradiction though, the site of the topics opening post (which seems not working anymore) claimed that the "International Commodity Banking Association" from the Grays from MM didn't exist.
    But the civil district case information does list it on http://courts.dallascounty.org/View...umentFragmentID=9270212&CheckDocumentGroups=0 as a property : "David and/or Rob Gray, ICBA (International Commidity Banking Association)
    And I've read about it last year too, http://www.freelakotabank.com/a-new-system-of-banking/
    I have some dozens of AOCS coins, bought 2011-2012 hence my interest back then.

Some other arguments are abit silly, alike that #Labor and Regulation Department Warns Free Lakota Bank Not Licensed - The South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation warns potential customers Free Lakota Bank is not licensed, chartered or regulated by the Division of Banking. The bank also does not have FDIC insurance!
    The entire setup of the Mulligan Mint and everything of the Grays is against the banking system and the way it operates. It would be contradictional for an organisation that is anti government/state/central banks/etc to operate under the same regulation / FDIC insurance they are against.
    And that other argument about the Free Lakota Bank being unrelated to the Republic of Lakotah, the related coins are sold since years.
    This is an interesting discussion on this subject, from 2008: http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=16378.0
    Below the page is an email answer from the Grays.
    The given http://www.freemarketmetals.com/ redirects to http://www.fmmex.com/ where a java script is located that links it to a GoDaddy report that the domain is parked free.
    The thing is, I know many mints that have country or other state-related names in their company names, with not any relation to that country/state, so why using this as an argument for a bogus company?
    Those Andorra silver bars (also from Umicore): unrelated to Andorra. Their currency Diner, used as an argument for a lower tax rate based on legal tender status, actually isn't legal tender and has never been, not before and not after the Euro introduction. That Armenia Noah's Ark coin range, produced by a German company, unrelated to Armenia.
    These companies all are a legal business since years, why then blaming Free Lakota Bank for being unrelated to Lakotah? (see #13 Free Lakota Bank? - The Republic of Lakotah is in NO WAY associated with this new "freelakotabank." Caveat Emptor! on http://www.mulliganmintexposed.com/
    Caveat Emptor? Bah.

I'm not taking any position in this. I rather see it as a sad story, because I liked the initiatives and what it is about. I hope the acquisitions turn out to be not true.
    From all I've read about it today, it appears like a personal vendetta. Alike illustrated above: several arguments were obviously sought, and a website dedicated to harrass a company in the public, before a lawsuit let alone conviction has been made, it just screams personal vendetta. Even if the Grays are scammers, why 'adding' arguments that are essentially fake? To get an impressive long list?

15. silvermed

silvermed New Member

Pirocco,

I think you are missing something when you bring up Armenia. Outside of the USA, Canada, Austria, and a few others, Most of the World Gov't mints don't produce their coinage themselves (and I'm not just talking silver, but circulation coins). Armenia has a REAL Central Bank and they signed a contract with a German company to produce it for them. How you can compare this to an Indian Tribe, (Whom by the way is on record saying they have nothing to do with Rob Gray) ? Yes, the real Indian Tribe says there is no contract with them to make the coins.

This is very deep story yes. Will we one day see it on American Greed TV show on CNBC? I wouldn't bet against it.

16. Pirocco

Yes that's true, but how does it matter? The reason that the German company has to sign a contract with the Armenia central bank, is simply because the coins that the German company produces, have the legal tender currency (the DRAM) of Armenia on them, as to benefit from lower tax rates. It's possible that 'a currency, in a broad form) suffices for certain countries tax law texts, explaining why the Andorra coins apparently also are sold at the lower tax rate.
    The 'Gray brothers' coins do not have any currency on them. All there is, is a 'FIFTY'. No unit, no figures, but an alphanumeric 'FIFTY'. There is not any relation with that with any central bank / face value / country. So why would they need permission from the Lakota guys? All the coins have on them, is their name. If I want to put 'Bless America' on the tshirts I produce, then I also don't have to ask permission from the US / America.
    So this particular argument against the Grays, is just a sought after.

17. Zlotych

Zlotych New Member

Just got an e-mail from The Mulligan Mint advertising their 1/10 ounce silver "paradimes". I'll give it to them, they sure never say quit.

18. Pirocco