Monthly Prices And Christmas Presents For The Faithful - just say??

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by betterlatethannever, Dec 24, 2016.

1. betterlatethannever

betterlatethannever New Member

I have noticed on some other forums they have regular giveaway's for just being a member,this even happens on a monthly basis with the "prizes" being quite desirable and even valuable.

I reckon with Silverstackers being a forum about Silver and Gold ownership surely there could be found say a 1oz of Silver per month to give away plus even some Gold at years end.

I hope I don't ruffle any feathers by my suggestion but a couple of K of precious metals given away through the year would only be a good thing "I reckon" maybe even bringing back some "retired members" plus it might even be tax deductible.

Merry Christ - mas :)

P.S. I am sorry if this has been mentioned before.

2. betterlatethannever

Not one person has been brave enough to say anything fear full of upsetting "big brother"

Don't for get to press your skirts for Church tomorrow ladies :lol:

3. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good idea. When are you going to give away some of your PM's?

4. billybob888

billybob888 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^feel free to offer any prizes and gifts

I just dont see how silverstackers have the revenue to cover it

5. betterlatethannever

I just noticed that you pair have - 373 trades - between you's,now I know why your comments are so defensive (and pro establishment) :D

P.S. I don't run this profit making business ;)

6. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hardly defensive. Easy enough to ask for something you're not prepared to give yourself :)

How much profit does the business make?

7. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Free Xmas Oz of silver, first to post mine , only for those with less than 10 trades

8. betterlatethannever

I have "only" 2 trades so I may just as well keep my 2k of the silver and yellow stuff and save on the postage :D

9. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Oh the characters on here!

I've got a handful of people in mind worthy of presents for their hard earned administration duties on this site. From d$$khead comments to the banning of some members, not to mention all the coding and stuff I have zero clue about, I'm sure it's a second job without a second income.

It would be easy enough (says old PPSS) to organise those interested in a Secret Santa for next year. I'd be happy for seasoned members (with some trade history) to shoot me a PM to let me know if they're keen for it and we could agree on a $ limit.

Of course this is all.... 12 months down the track. Who knows who'll be interested then :rolleyes:

Ho ho ho.. or is it Au Au Au?

Either way, take care and stack on.

PPSS

10. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

this ends soon, 2 more cans

11. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Mine.Errol 43..

Pass it on...
    only 6 trades
    Only buy FTF.

Errol 43

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sometimes the Silver Stacker forum has links to heavily reduced prices which members benefit from.

Just being a regular participant / viewer is reward enough in my book. :D

13. betterlatethannever

The fact is that it is not that uncommon for company owners to give members - who actually make their business float - some small reward on a regular basis showing their appreciation for their involvement as well.

But it is also a know fact that the people with the most on percentage give the least leaving the "hard lifting" to others.

I thought it was a reasonable idea anyway.

14. sfstacker

sfstacker New Member

From the outside looking it it does seem like a defensive comment. The statement "Easy enough to ask for something when you're not prepared to give yourself" seems defensive because it's like your trying to use it as a reason to justify not even trying the proposed idea. When in reality it doesn't count because you're talking about two different things. A member giving up an item of theirs for no reason and the forum organizing an event which if done correctly appeases your customers and increases traffic.

As someone who used to design/build websites far superior in complexity than a forum I have tons of ideas you guys could use to improve the site or save/make more money. But as I've found out from the Comments/Suggestions thread those ideas usually fall on deaf ears. (Referencing my "Quote Function" post)

I know you personally don't speak for everyone who owns/operates this forum but I think a better response from you would have been along the lines of "Oh you think that would be a good idea? Well why don't you explain how that would work so we could try and make that possible." Maybe they had an idea but after being shut down they may not want to share it anymore.

Nobody seems to care so I no longer care to explain how shortening the character count for the quote function exponentially decreases the amount of data used on this website thus decreasing overall operation costs.

It pays to keep an ear towards the voice of your consumers.

It is a reasonable idea. Many business use this tactic to increase their potential customer base. APMEX recently had a thing where all you had to do was create an account (if you didn't have one) then click a special link (free) which would enter you into a drawing for a monster box of rounds. I didn't win :(

15. betterlatethannever

Thankyou for your quality comments they only add to the "discussion"

But saying that I am fully aware that companies whoever they are - "Don't Give Away Free Stuff For Free" - they use it "as a weapon" if you like in the "constant physiologically battle for bums on seats" wanting to "pinch" the consumers hard earned adding to their profits.

I personally have no problem with this knowing that any business clearly needs to make a profit to continue to exist and "giving away free stuff" is a common idea even tax deductible as I said before.

I am also glad to see that this thread has started to generate some good comments like adults should with no offence intended ;)

P.S. sometimes we hang onto something that we love so tightly not allowing it to breath that we end up not seeing it's very best or even killing it,just saying.

16. betterlatethannever

Not a sound - not even a mouse :lol:

Happy New Year :)

17. Mbutler

Mbutler Member Silver Stacker

FFS pony up the cash to become a paid member before you start complaining what you don't get from a FREE membership.

18. sfstacker

sfstacker New Member

That's probably the greatest advertisement for membership that I've ever seen. They should hire you as their head of sales.

19. betterlatethannever

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When I saw your post before I opened I thought just the same - One Brave Soul - had a peep to say then I saw your recommendation that Mbutler should become the next - Silverstackers Sales Managers :D

sfstackers posts are Gold :lol: please please please don't stop :D

Happy New Year :)

20. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Would more people pay for membership if they did an occasional give away for paid members?
    The conversion rate from non paying user to paying member might cover this.
    Just a thought.