Monitoring the Crypto Bubble

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Bullion Baron, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
?

Where do you think we are in the crypto bubble?

1. Very early (years left to run)

21.1%
  2. Around the middle (could still run for months or a year)

38.0%
  3. Very late (could end within days/weeks)

23.9%
  4. It's not a bubble

16.9%
  1. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Most people are keeping an eye on it, sure, but is something drastic going to happen if/when it gets there? My guess is no, but I guess we just wait and see

2. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

You got it:)
    This is something that we will be able to see if it does go below 100 bil.
    Ill stick with my call tatvif it goes under 100 then next QUICK stop is 75.

Ag likes this.
  3. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

id say the bitcoin $3k usd price is a better indicator, most shitcoins are close to zero so their combined total matters little.

Ag likes this.
  4. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Though the current drop in cryptos is pretty daunting for average Joe, it's likely going to be the catalyst to clean up the sector.

I'm sure there are many good projects working away in the background, but many of the ICO's have produced little to nothing in 12 months and now even claim cash reserves can only hold out for so long. The SEC (and investors) should shake up and filter out these criminals for this smash and grab robbery but hopefully not destroy the 'good projects' in the process

I'm still very anti-crypto as a form of currency, but researching many promising projects now finding great real world uses. Real cost movement will come with mass adoption which I feel is still a few years away.

Many speculators will sell out once their break even price is met, which will create some strong resistance levels during the next bull run. I don't think a rebound to the ATH are coming anytime soon

Struggle to see how pending ETF's will save the current crypto market (just going on the sentiment I've heard and seen via a few forums). The institutional money certainly can add leverage and a larger market cap, but these are savvy investors who can just as quickly short the market to make similar gains. Don't believe hype that institutional money wants to come in and save the crypto currency market, they are only interested in gains with smallest possible risk.

Wouldn't under estimate any drops below $3k bitcoin and 100B market cap. Physiological price points are in every market and move 'weak hands' or trigger bot selling easier than you think. The whole marketing concept of price tags showing $3.99 than $4.00 gives you the basics. Many longs are lining up at $3k but if it breaks that support, the next drop would be brutal! Add tight stop losses and pray for your order to be filled on that correction!

Little point any crypto investor selling out at a major loss. After all, what are you going to invest with the remaining percent and gain back your capital? Best to hold out for the next bull run. Watch the charts carefully, dollar cost back in and double down to bring your average cost lower.

Gullintanni and mmm....shiney! like this.
  5. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ag you’re not considering cannabis stocks.
    Still many pie in the sky valuations stocks have much more to go before they pop and are setting up for a moonshot with all the pumpers actively fanning the hype.

I see many similarity to 2000 tech boom but with steroids.

Pretty soon you will see all the ex silver pumpers on YouTube who started a love affair with crypto advocating the cannabis moonshot next.

I would never take economic advice from them
    Lol but if you follow momentum stocks and some quants do look at number pumpers as a forward indicator.

The key is surf the hype but stay home after an earthquake as a tsunami will come

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Gullintanni and Ag like this.
  6. Ag

LOL, no not considering cannabis stocks, but do have some spec dollars to invest with any trend. I personally can't see the S&P hitting 3K but many others do...would prefer to sit this one out and pickup at a later stage. Might mean missed opportunity with a longer investment horizon, but the risk to reward ratio suits me better

True, pumpers can give a general sentiment of a market and therefore almost becomes a self for filling prophecy. Been learning to include Tech Analysis with indictors to try and have a better guess.

Gullintanni likes this.
  7. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-mining-giant-bitmain-closes-israeli-branch-amid-market-woes/

Bitcoin Mining Giant Bitmain Closes Israeli Branch amid Market Woes

https://www.ccn.com/why-a-little-known-crypto-mining-firm-is-suing-bitcoin-cashs-biggest-backers/

Why a Little-Known Crypto Mining Firm is Suing Bitcoin Cash’s Biggest Backers

https://www.ccn.com/lawsuit-accuses-crypto-heavyweights-bitmain-roger-ver-of-hijacking-bitcoin-cash/

Lawsuit Accuses Crypto Heavyweights Bitmain & Roger Ver of Hijacking Bitcoin Cash

https://www.ccn.com/lawsuit-claims-bitmain-mined-bitcoin-using-customer-devices/

Lawsuit Claims Bitmain Mined Bitcoin Using Customer Devices

https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-mining-...oard-shakeup-denies-jihan-wu-is-out-as-chair/

Bitcoin Mining Firm Bitmain Confirms Board Shakeup, Denies Jihan Wu is Out as Chair

The company of Bitmain Board left than after a few days so many trouble issues out from the news. what is the future?

8. Gullintanni

Trends rock if you get in at the right time.

Ag likes this.
  9. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A perfect 100B kiss. That's one big psychological number. Now is this a real recovery or a fake out?

mk 100b.jpg

10. Ag

Yes, good bounce off the $100b and high support for low $3k BTC

Might as well add my two satoshi's (and get flamed in the future) but still see a bear market trending downwards. Recent ~25% upswing has been repeated a few times in the last few months but then continues to a lower low and lower high. It needs a bigger breakout (higher percentage) to the upside to confirm the trend change. Wouldn't be loading in or FOMO until it confirms it's support and hold's on for a while longer. Its looking like a real cross road and 50/50. A break out would be very Bullish but the Bull's are running out of steam

Full disclosure - I don't own any crypto's and have an anti-sentiment against it as a form of currency. That said, charts and market sentiment should give you all the advise to have an educated guess on it's next direction

leo25 and mmm....shiney! like this.
  11. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

It held USD6000 for 12 months before crashing downwards through that, not sure there's much to support levels in crypto world.

12. Ag

Agreed it held for 'a long' time but thats a fair bit more than 'a while' :) LOL . a 'while' for me would be a few weeks. So after a 12month bear down turn, it was probably 60/40 split (bear/bull) on its direction at $6k (personally was thinking to the upside so was wrong on that call). Things that stay flat and steady (especially crypto given its renowned violent moves) for a long period often means a big move one direction or another

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    mmm....shiney! likes this.
  13. Gullintanni

I think i am finally seeing a bit of disconnect between crypto market cap and bitcoin.
    While the market cap is increasing it is now not solely related to bitcoin.
    It is the first time i can recall seeing this in recent times but i do not think i will have the time to file through and see who the gainers are.
    Quite interesting none the less but i have no clue what it will mean.

Ag likes this.
  14. hornet

hornet New Member

I lost a lot in crypto... the good thing is it's gotten me back into being a conservative investor. And it got me into silver stacking and gold.

I think bitcoin will go all the way down to $1300-$1500 before there's true capitulation and then it will take a while from there to get back into another bubble. I think this is a false rally another of many bull traps...

15. Ag

Reading up on sentiment,analysis and charts does suggest $1k to $2k is possible. Think the bottom is 4-6 months away then few years to next bull high. Around that time will re-check and likely sell some Ag to speculate in crypto's. Buying any asset in it's cyclic low is pretty safe bet although the investment horizon remains a moving target

16. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Cryptopia has been hacked

Hope nobody here had anything on their exchange

Gullintanni likes this.
  17. Gullintanni

I had a number of coins at cyrptopia BUT they were so far under water i really do not give a shit.
    I guessing this is going to be another inside job and the laws here mean even a conviction (if possible) will mean they can steal millions and be out in less than 5 years.

18. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A real bottom will only happen if there is capitulation which is dependent on what price the majority of holders got in. If my cost price is a couple bucks, I may probably not sell even if the price drops to $1000 as it is still way more than my cost.

19. Gullintanni

ETH down at $120 is just stomach churning.

20. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

It seems like everyday there is another story about people owning cryptos and getting screwed. Hard to believe so many smart people think cryptos are the wave of the future. Perhaps someday when a country creates or adopts a crypto system it will be more secure?

Right now you'd be safer keeping your $$$ in a US bank and being over the FDIC limit (about the worst example of keeping your $$$ safe I can think of). For the record, I don't have any crypto nor over the FDIC limit personally.

https://www.cnet.com/news/crypto-founder-dies-taking-only-password-and-190m-with-him/