Milo Yiannopolous

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mmm....shiney!, Oct 23, 2018.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bring on the show-ponies.

2. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Show Pony is Lame it seems.

Milo appears to have treated the promoters as a cash line, as well as the only guests at his pity party. At one point, they reluctantly offer to wire him money for “living expenses ie to keep food on the table”, only for him to shoot back that he “will have no way of paying my cleaning lady or paying back the loan from my phone bill. These are not optional expenses … You must pay my doctor and you must do it now … At an absolute bare minimum I need you to pay two months rent …” Blahdy-blahdy-blah. It goes on.

The specifics of Milo’s debts illuminate the realities of the politico-intellectual struggle in which he has been such a … leading light, is it? For instance, he claims to owe $52,016.14 to the Hualalai Four Seasons resort in Hawaii. The CEO of Milo Inc states he owes $1.6m to Milo Inc. Milo himself estimates his personal debts at $496,123.04.

As for the tour itself, it was due to take place this month, during which he would have shared top billing with fellow rightwing provocateur Ann Coulter at events including a “VIP yacht cruise” with the pair on the Gold Coast. Alas, this just wasn’t meant to be. The Australian promoters have finally pulled the plug on it, breaking cover this week to speak to Australian reporters. “It’s been the worst six months of my life,” one of them told a TV news reporter. “He’s a nightmare.”

Yes. If only there’d been some way of suspecting this in advance. The pair seem rather surprised that a man famous for doxxing people has this week doxxed them in retaliation. For his part, Milo has gone full crystal-tipped King Lear, promising the cancellation will provoke “a class-action lawsuit on behalf of my fans”. I am reminded of a recent bloviation of his I read, in which he reflected bitterly on some perceived slight by Jordan Peterson. “Peter denied Jesus,” railed Milo, “just as his nominative descendant Peterson has denied me and others.” Waa waa waa.

As I say, would a stint in seasonal entertainment not take his and his bank manager’s mind off things? Then again, in many ways, that was what he was planning with this trip to Australia.

Over the past year or so, Australia has become the equivalent of panto for the alt-right/radical right/far right. You do a few lucrative weeks there; you tell the audiences you love them even as you scream backstage for the hand sanitiser; you get the first plane out and tell yourself your dignity is intact.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...a-like-a-lucrative-panto-gig-oh-no-he-couldnt

and:

I suppose there’s a rich tradition of champagne fascism. Even so, I’m not sure quite why Australia is allowing itself to be used as a piggy bank for distressed provocateurs. On a simple watchability level, it does seem such a waste of their vast collection of lethal wildlife. Why not release the Milos, Nigels and Tommies into it and film the results? It would be bigger than Home and Away and Neighbours combined.​

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 1:18 AM
    dozerz likes this.
  3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is that the same Guardian who's reputation is now in pieces in the gutter, caught out yet again for fabricating stories and publishing falsified documents this week?

Imagine my surprise when they now attack a conservative commentator and carry on about "far right", "Radical Right", blah blah blah.

The Guardian had no credibility up until this week, now it is in negative territory. It's right up there with the ABC for lying about everything, all the time when it comes to it's political opponents.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  4. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

lol care to provide some evidence the guardian and abc lie about everything?

poor milo, couldnt have happened to a nicer guy, karma is a bitch.

5. mmm....shiney!

Since when does evidence matter on this forum?

JulieW likes this.
  6. JulieW

I don't suppose it would occur to Milo to actually work, versus hand around the begging bowl. Mmmm, "creators and artists". The second perhaps, but there's a lot of his type of artist. ;)

The nail in the coffin came when he was banned from community crowdfunding website Patreon, which lets people pay a certain amount of money per month to support their favourite creators and artists.

Yiannopoulos reportedly wrote on his Patreon page "Support Milo's Glorious Comeback" (which has since been taken down):

"I've had a miserable year or two, banned and de-platformed and censored and blacklisted … and now I need your help. I want to get back on my feet and come roaring back in 2019.

"I am one of the most censored and most lied-about people in the world. Even my fans sometimes believe things about me that aren't true, because journalists lie more about me than perhaps anyone else in America."

Among other things, the money raised on Patreon was intended to fund "the greatest TV show in history".

How much was he asking for?
    An archived version of Yiannopoulos's original post on Patreon detailed what donors would get for their money.

Patreons could select the level of financial support they want. Those levels included:

• $2.50 a month would let you become "a foot soldier in the revolution"
    • $25 a month gets you 10 per cent off all merchandise forever, plus "free Milo ringtones and SMS alert pack"
    • And $100 a month gets you all the above, plus a personalised thank-you message, "elites-only" private email updates, a coffee mug and an invitation to drinks when Milo is in your city (he's buying)
    The price packs range all the way up to $750 which, amongst a range of random offerings, gets you a call from Milo on your birthday, a poster of him, a recorded voicemail greeting by Milo and dinner with him once a year.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12...far-right-activist-milo-yiannopoulos/10595788

7. mmm....shiney!

Exchanging value is a legitimate means of profiting, no matter what form it takes. Individuals engaging in voluntary interactions seeking to satisfy their needs is the natural outcome of the subjective nature of value, regardless of whether you consider it “work”. Like going to the cricket, getting your feet massaged or donating to a charity.

Your anti-Milo bias is clouding your thinking @JulieW .

Shaddam IV likes this.
  8. Shaddam IV

That article is from the ABC doing a hatchet job on one of their ideological enemies. The previous article was from the Guardian doing exactly the same thing, I rest my case, neither are news organisations, they both present their ideology as though it is factual.

9. JulieW

Well they are reporting facts.

And possibly right on my bias Shiney. I think Milo is a bludger with principles for sale.

10. Shaddam IV

The ABC makes an art form of lying by omission so that they can always ass cover.

I do agree with you Julie on Milo’s character but what is omitted in that summary is that he is also brave enough to face the Leftist hive mind head on and he also prepares his arguments well.

11. JulieW

I agree Milo is bright and plays the game well. I just don't think he's sincere at all.

And yes, fact omission is the worst feature of so called 'news' these days. Tricky. However the Guardian really blew its credibility with the latest Assange -Trump collusion story which was debunked from the moment of publication and then the Guardian tried to use a series of amending weasel words to obscure the blatant lies first published, rather than confess and retract.

'News' has been replaced by propaganda for control of the masses. Same as it ever was - as Talking Heads would say.

mmm....shiney! and Shaddam IV like this.
  12. Shaddam IV

I just assume that all mainstream outlets lie all of the time now, it’s the safest assumption. Also the line between news and commentary is deliberately blurred to cloud the issue even further. There are so many “panel” shows now that present a “news” item and then discuss it according to their own biases.

I guess that I hold the ABC to a higher standard as they are a national broadcaster and their far left activism is deeply inappropriate. At least the far right commentators like Allan Jones and Tucker Carlson are honest about their agendas.

13. JulieW

I don't trust any of the news outlets but I have favoured ones to cross check and if there's enough consensus then I figure that it's likely happened.

14. mmm....shiney!

Don’t read the news. My advice.