Milo Yiannopolous addresses the senators

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mmm....shiney!, Dec 7, 2017.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, in the feminist world comments such as Rebecca West's pass as insight or a depth of understanding.

2. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh dear.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...tors-notes-on-milo-yiannopoulos-book-revealed

3. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Julie please tell me that your not avoiding dealing with the quotes put forward by the feminist you support because you also believe that all men should die?
    Thats just plain crazy and is as close to inciting gender based violence as you can get short of actually attacking someone because of their gender

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  4. mmm....shiney!

At JulieW, re: The Guardian (aka The Font of All That Is Wrong), I see we’re moving on from being offended on behalf of women back to something of substance. Good.

Value is subjective.

5. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

At the risk of making myself look like a bit of a soft feminist, I don't think that having the same legal rights doesn't necessarily mean the same practical day-to-day freedoms for the average woman versus the average man.

Fear of personal safety is probably the easiest example, especially when I see the way girls act when they go out for a night on the town (or even just going out jogging) versus the way the boys act. In general, the guys don't have to worry anywhere near as much about getting their drink spiked or getting physically attacked in a vastly unequal situation. It is irrelevant if the legal penalties are the same, the different risks are enough to significantly change behaviours. Even with access to personal defence tools like pepper sprays etc, I think there are still enough biological differences that there will always be enduring differences (e.g. key hormones like testosterone are naturally present in higher levels in men and can be released faster generally allowing for a quicker capacity for short, sharp violent action compared to women who's levels build up and dissipate more gradually).

Now, I am not in any way suggesting that men have it "easier" than women in all situations, just that there are certain areas of life where interactions between the sexes can still result in "soft" dominance of one sex over the other even though they both have the same economic, social and political rights. How we recognise and deal with these situations is an area worthy of discussion but is complicated by the large variation of people within each sex and regularly overlapping of the distributions.

6. mmm....shiney!

Geez bordie, Canberra has been rubbing off on you mate. :D

Precisely, none of which need nor can only be solved by a gender exclusive political, social or economic theory with its solution resting upon lobbying the State for preferential treatment for females at the expense of the whole of society.

bordsilver likes this.
  7. mmm....shiney!

I’ll defend her serial. After all, that’s what men are supposed to do and have been doing since the dawn of time. :p

I don’t think Ford hates men. Just as Milo doesn’t hate black people because he’s married to one, Ford doesn’t hate men because she’s also married to one. Bit difficult in my books to fall in love with someone from a race or gender you hate.

It’s a ploy to attract attention and engage the media in women’s rights issues. She’s probably sick and tired of repeating the whole rationale for her position (I share that feeling with her) so instead, she just relies on the big moment tweets to keep the momentum going. Beyond the first sentence a feminist utters ie “I think women should have the same social, economic and political rights”, there’s really not much more substance to feminism so she has to tweet controversial statements.

Of course Twitter being the left-wing mouthpiece it is tolerates Clementine doing it but bans Milo.

8. mmm....shiney!

:eek: Moi?

9. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

If Rebecca thinks she is competing with opinionated doormats then it may be time for post 57 ... a little zap zap might be just what the doctor ordered ...

Stoic Phoenix likes this.
  10. mmm....shiney!

@JulieW, you don’t think highly of Milo and you’ve made it known to all your dislike of Hilary, but I’m starting to question your ability to judge character because you are clearly out of touch:

https://patch.com/us/across-america/barack-obama-hillary-clinton-again-top-gallup-most-admired-poll

:p:D

11. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

Wow. Apart from recognising her named based on a few newspaper articles that I'd read that clearly displayed her left leaning, I had no idea that she was so seriously deranged.

She really shouldn't be given any kind of platform. Apparently, according to a quick google search she was even paid to speak at a school and refused to take questions from males.

God help us.

Edit to say this was in reference to C.Ford.

12. mmm....shiney!

Don’t let it annoy you, she thrives on what she calls “whining men” and “male tears”.

What’s disturbing is that Twitter banned Milo, yet doesn’t seem to have a problem with her rhetoric. It’s the left-wing double standard that Milo talks about.

ParanoidAndroid likes this.
  13. JulieW

14. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No - misread of whom posted what looking at it on a phone sorry. I thought Julie posted it in seriousness as opposed to you in jest.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  15. mmm....shiney!

Well we’ve got something in common then.

16. ParanoidAndroid

Looks like a date.

Fish and chips on mmm.. shiney.

17. JulieW

The deluded conviction that we communicate?

18. ParanoidAndroid

Date cancelled.

Bummer.

mmm....shiney! and Stoic Phoenix like this.
  19. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Would never have ended well anyway PA, before the fish was even crumbed Shiney would have said something Julie disagreed with and her socks would have been off and thrown in his face quickly followed by any cat within arms length. ;)

20. mmm....shiney!

Milo will be representing himself in the Supreme Court case against S&S. Apparently because certain documents were made for attorneys eyes only, so he has been unable to see them, only his attorneys can. Now that he will be representing himself he will have direct access to them, and will be able to respond more appropriately.