Milo Yiannopolous addresses the senators

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mmm....shiney!, Dec 7, 2017.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Anyone get along to any of his presentations, or maybe know of anyone who did? If so, any standout comments?

I don’t know much about him, saw a couple of comments in this morning’s news about him. He was invited by David Leyonhjelm to address parliament so that’s a good thing in my books, as well as his view on the SSM debate, he supports gay couples that want to marry but also cautions governments that religious freedoms must be protected.

2. mmm....shiney!

Synopsis:

1. Libertarian or conservative, in regards to the rise of identity politics ie policies based upon gender, skin colour, sexual preference he's closely aligned with Libertarians.
    2. He's gay and believes in the Bible.
    3. Criticisms levelled at him are usually founded upon the musings or writings of other's interpretations of him eg he's a white supremacist - well he's married to a black man.
    4. He is profoundly uncomfortable with Islam, a culture that would have him killed because of his sexuality and restricts the rights of women.
    5. His suggestion to Australians concerned about our repressive culture, rise up and vote for those who support liberty and retain a sense of humour, be compelling and fascinating and capture people's attention in order to open their minds.
    6. The failure of democracy: only those who pay tax should vote, democracy is the only system compatible with human nature,
    7. Ben Shapiro, doesn't mean anything to me (to mmm....shiney! that is)
    8. His crassness, there are enough people who take him seriously, he's reachin g out to another audience when he's offensive.
    9. Mein Kampf, The Quran and anti-semitism - similar message.
    10. His hair, shampoos and pomade?????

Halfway through and it's bed for me. More tomorrow.,

3. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Flavour of the year, that's all. Young, slick, opinionated, arrogant. The perfect mix for the media. Controversy sells. It is all about revenue and this bloke will bring it in by the bucket load.
    Remember Rev Jesse Jackson back in the 70's. Different agenda, same effect. Like all things, it gets old.

4. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I only started streaming during the last ~30mins of Q&A. I enjoyed his banter etc even if he seemed to be toning it down compared to his other shows (apparently the Greens raised a motion through the Senate that made David Leyonhjelm personally accountable for the content of Milo's talk and if anything went pear shaped).

A friend of mine managed to score a ticket to the Parliament House gig and said Milo was great to listen to in person. Reckoned he will happily buy tickets to see him again in the future.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  5. mmm....shiney!

What about his content? I think he hits the nail on the head in regards to younger people and mainstream political parties.

Liberty is hardly a "flavour of the year" kind of conversation don't you think?

Edit to add: and yes, definitely a showman. :D

6. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

I've been following his Australian tour via youtube vids here and there.

I like the guy. I don't always agree with his delivery but he makes valid points when questioned on that. Yeah he's a show pony and attention whore, but that's how he's getting his message across.

None of the big talk show hosts will touch him. All had interviews booked and cancelled on him. It would have been great to see him run rings around dull light bulbs such as Karl Stephanovi. And I would have loved too see him take down the current msm poster boy Whaleed. Looks like they all ran scared.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  8. mmm....shiney!

First thing I heard was liberty, don't know where you get racist and fascist from.

As Milo says, most left-wing reporters resort to ad hominem (and most of his opponents get their info from others who purposely misquote him). Shows how political discourse has become disconnected from real issues, I'd venture.

9. JulieW

Did you not notice his comments, reported, on Muslim immigrants being terrorists and mounting animals? His attacks on women (picture with "unf*ckable" as a PowerPoint presentation to denigrate a journalist)?

My view is he's a media opportunist who moves his message to meet his audience. Hardly a libertarian spokesman, more a populist demagogue.

10. ParanoidAndroid

Julie, if you watch his interview with Bolt he explains why he does that. Bolt asks him a few hard questions on why the need to be so over the top. We've become so accustomed to over the top leftist propaganda that we barely notice it. He's just putting the shoe on the other foot.

As I said I don't agree with all his delivery methods, but he's doing it to prove a point. Is that worse than the crowd out the front holding posters and chanting death to whities etc?

11. JulieW

Bolt was somewhat hoisted on his own petard with his support of Milo who apparently hadn't read Bolt's views.

Here's another perspective:

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...s-australia-respectable-racists-howl-approval

12. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Guardian is irrelevant.

Stoic Phoenix and wrcmad like this.
  13. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

He looks like Bruno Mars, minus the appeal (and talent).

14. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+100.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  15. wrcmad

I thought he was simply pointing out the obvious?
    Only a feminist would see this off-the-cuff comment as an "attack on women".

Shaddam IV likes this.
  16. mmm....shiney!

I noticed his comments as reported by that left-wing journo, and as Milo says, left-wing journos love taking his comments and twisting them out of context.

Now, did you listen to his comments about white supremicists, immigration and racism at about the 41 minute mark?

Or did you not watch it and just regurgitate what The Guardian told you to think?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Shaddam IV and wrcmad like this.
  17. JulieW

Milo has a fan club I see. He'd be so pleased.

18. wrcmad

Fk yeah.
    He's not as good as Shapiro though.
    It's funny that when they explain the flaws in the Lefty argument techniques, they become as clear as day, and then you see them pop up over and over again on MSM, and on various forums.

19. ParanoidAndroid

Yeah, the lefties don't quite get the concept of logic.

It's triggered emotions, victim mentality and blame games. All of which seem to end up in violent outbursts.

Off topic, but did anybody see how Cassie Jaye was treated for the release of her "Red Pill" movie by the msm? It was a disgrace. Bolt does a good interview with her where she gets to finally present her case.

Another good one to watch on you tube is an Australian guy who goes by the title "Bearing"

mmm....shiney!, Shaddam IV and wrcmad like this.
  20. wrcmad

Saw the Bolt interview.
    Also saw The Project and Weekend Sunrise interviews.
    I stopped watching The Project since Waleed took over with his Lefty Muslim agenda - Hughesy was the sht.
    O'Keefe on Sunrise is a total fktard.

yuripuka and ParanoidAndroid like this.