Meltdown - The Global Financial Crisis? pt 2 of 4

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by SilverSurfer77, Jun 8, 2012.

1. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc11O7Efohs&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

2. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"Deputy Mark Haymaker of the Sacramento sheriff's department used to only enforce one or two foreclosures a month. Now he has 20-30 per week."

"Sheriff Haymaker has one of the toughest jobs in the state. He often has to forcibly remove people, sometimes even has to draw his weapon."

I'm guessing the property market could be like this in Australia sometime in the next 3 years. I'm already starting to see a few foreclosures in my local area.

4. Tacrezod

Tacrezod Member

I remember watching this particular scene in the doco and thinking, if this is true, how can this guy do this day in and day out with a clear conscience? I know "to protect and serve" has become something of a clich, but surely it must eventually cross the mind of the cop, "who am I protecting?" and "who am I serving?"

5. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I seriously don't know how they do it and sleep at night.

Police are primarily for the protection of 1. Banks, 2. Politicians, and 3. Businesses. If a bank gets robbed (even if it's only a small sum) there will be multiple police cars/officers there in minutes. If you or I get robbed for the same amount, you're told to go to the station and make a complaint.

6. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Don't forget the part about them being them armed branch of the Office of State Revenue, sitting in their cars with a camera collecting fines from people who travel 5km/h over some arbitrary limit then going back to the station to claim stress compo.