Melbourne Monthly Meetup - Sunday 24th July 2011 - 2.00pm

Discussion in 'Meetings & Events' started by adrenalin, Jun 28, 2011.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Had a few requests for copies of the presentation - there's been an offer for it to be presented in Brisbane at the next meetup there (not by me), so after it's been shown there I'll put it up for general availability somewhere.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Bloody banana benders,was hoping we would see it posted up a lot quicker ;)

REDBACK

3. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

As a first time attendee it was a real eye opener. Never met so many bearded men with a stash of cash who thought global warming was a crock of $hit.
    I really felt at home:D Short on dress sense but very long on common sense. Looking forward to the next meeting

Kind Regards
    nonrecourse

4. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

Hey Guys,
    Just want to say thankyou for everyone that attended the July Silver Stacker meetup.
    Another great turnout with over 35 people attending. (some from interstate too)
    Great to see some new faces and of course get to catch up with all the regulars.

Yes it all started a long time ago with only 6 of us attending the first ever Silver Stacker meetup in a cafe down in Malvern.
    (GP, CK, Boston, Vishl01, Cleopatra and Myself)
    It's great to fast forward to the present and see we have now expanded and really getting to form a community of Melbourne stackers.
    Holding regular events that now contain inhouse auctions, product launches, established bullion dealers and educational presentations.
    Who would of thought back then of having our own Silver Stacker bar! Yes these bars were lauched at the event on Sunday.
    Now I can't wait to see what another year will bring... maybe Gold Member is right. Might have to book out Jeff's shed!

Anyways, thankyou to Gold Pelican for presenting a very interesting "Lunar Coin" presentation.
    Even I learned a few things on these coins. Great to see all the facts and figures compiled into that chart format presentation.
    It's shocking to see how the Perth Mint just decides to discontinue some of lunar sized mintages.
    And funny to see how there are errors in a few series 1 coins. (bat clouds)

Thankyou to Cleopatra for collecting the donations and for applying the name badges at the registration table.
    Thank you to Lunartic for you kind donation of the Lunar Bull Silver coin going towards running the Melbourne Meetups.
    I ended up winning the auction for $60. This money will help fund the next event and is much appreciated.
    Thankyou to everyone else that attended the event you guys are what make the Silver Stacker event successful!

Will see you all at the next Silver Stacker event!!

5. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

shattered i am missing these due to being o/s looks like they are getting bigger and better each time, will be in attendance in october.

6. lamp

lamp New Member

A real pity for not being able to attend at the last minute, I packed my stuff and was ready to go to the venue, but last minute
    request from my partner to the winery for a business deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. paulbel

paulbel New Member

when is the next Silver Stackers meet in Melb and where?

8. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When September 4th.... Where at a venue to be determined.

9. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Still waiting for a knowledgeable volunteer to offer to do a presentation... otherwise we might all be watching GP trying to beat his Angry Birds high score on the projector for an hour. Followed by Q&A.

10. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I volunteer THE ORACLE (Peter Davis )
    Do I hear a second
    He doesn't need to know what's going on
    CK can tell him the day before :lol: