McDonald's vs Rennik's vs Krause

Discussion in 'Sovereigns' started by phrenzy, Jan 19, 2015.

1. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I've been going off Rennik's until recently (with the understanding that the prices were wildly inflated) but I was wondering if people thought the prices in McDonald's guide were closecloseto the mark or still inflated but just not by as much?

Also quite curious as to why they seem to think different sovs are note valuable than others. I could understand not agreeing on what a particular coin is worth but surely they should agree on which ones generally attain higher prices than others? The Sydney type 2 is a perfect example, they completely differ on which ones command higher prices (Rennik's favoring the 57 and 65 McDonald's choosing the 58, 60 and 62).

I don't know what to think now. I actuality bought a couple graded '65 and ungraded 57 type 2 sovs on the grounds that they were they ones to look out for (over dates and mis-strikes aside).

So again, I know Rennik's prices aren't necessarily on the mark but which one is on point when it comes to the sovs that command the better prices?

2. Belvedere

Belvedere Active Member Silver Stacker

Only my personal opinion but I prefer McDonalds. I have used it over the years and have found it to be the lesser of many evils.

3. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

you forgot blue sheet which is by far the most in line with the market prices

4. Belvedere

Belvedere Active Member Silver Stacker

I agree but I find their website difficult to navigate and also the McD's book just sits in my car if I visit the odd coin shop or market.