1. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Yes Fishball seems already lost in this, You are almost there and I see myself headed that way... Ohh Boy !!!

A general chinese coin section on this forum would be a very cool thing, I know there is already CCF which is very interesting and I have looked at some but there is a different feel on silver stackers plus I like all the other stuff you find here, I guess if people just keep talking about them and posting pictures It may just happen naturally.

2. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

This is a nice medal you have, but check out this one on ebay 380421009744 , its in Australia to so place your bids..

3. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Since everyone is into brass nowadays...

Cao XueQin is one of the most famous Chinese authors and he wrote one of the 4 great classical novels of China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Great_Classical_Novels

His book is called Dream of the Red Chamber (/) written in the 18th century.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a bunch of Historical figures... :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. серебро

серебро New Member

Ok these two medals are Commemorative Mint of Man Tien Cheung (from the song dynsty, also know as Wen Tianxiang ) 1236-1283. They are copper and brass. A two medal set 8cm 2009. They are great medals very heavy and thick, just under 1cm Mintage 500 sets.
    They are made by the Shanghai Mint. They come in seperate presentation boxwith COA. The COA is in Chinese only

His credo embossed on the medallion is "That whilst we have no influence over the era into which we are born; we can make our own mark in life"He was insatalled by the Emperor as his protector largely from the Northern invaders of China

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Very beautiful medals cepe6po. And nice historic figures.

6. Noomahn1

Noomahn1 New Member

Fishball that brass medal is awesome. The detail on the reverse is amazing.

- those copper and brass medals are stunning!!! And why I love MCC's. New things to discover and learn about the chinese culture and history. I don't know where you found them, but they are quite a find. There are some really amazing coins and medals being shared here.

Awesome! You are inspiring me to break out and explore for some new things. Thank you for sharing!!

7. Noomahn1

Noomahn1 New Member

Comeaux- Your appreciation and respect for CFF is obvious to anyone who has read your posts. Your opinions on some of the subjects are as valid as the next person's.

I am with you on the vibe here. It's great and your support for the forum and the sharing you are doing both with your knowledge and literal sharing of some coins is admirable.

I'm learning a lot here from lot's of the members. I hope to share and contribute as well.

8. серебро

серебро New Member

Here is a pic to show the thickness. And both medals have the COA# stamped on the side.

[​IMG]

9. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

very cool ,i saw a post earlier in this thread,you can buy from taobao outside china, i have a buddy who buys all the time and he never has been burnt..............there is an intermediary site who collects your money via pay pal or CC and then the seller delivers the product to middle man he inspects does the currency exchange and then ships.........that is a real rough explanation but that is the jest of it ,my friend is a real lunar collector and i know he bought some high value stuff no problem ,i will get the site from him, they actually before they release the money to the seller ,take lots of high res pics send them to you and you approve before they release ,it is a little pricey like 4 or 5%. i will get the website and post

10. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

cepe6po that is an extraordinary metal ... very detailed ! :)

gorgeous :)

11. серебро

серебро New Member

What do you guys think of should I get the two medals of Man Tien Cheung graded or leave them as they are?

12. comeaux

Thats a tough one ... part of me says leave as is but the other half says grade/encapsulate to preserve it's integrity.

Handling OMP coins/medals can expose them to damage after repetative handling.

13. серебро

серебро New Member

They look great the way they are. But I am leaning towards grading. The reason is they have such a low mintage 500. These beuaties are worth doing all I can to conserve them and put them away. They are the type of medals you like to get out, look at them and just feel th weight of them.

14. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

I think too is better to ncs/ngc grading it. To store it and saw it in a lot of years in the same condition have it now.

15. comeaux

Thanks cepe6po ... I did not get it back from NGC yet but this medal I got from you was a first time submission to NGC and just graded MS67 which is excellent for a large brass medal ! :)

[​IMG]

16. серебро

серебро New Member

Great news comeaux, looks like I better send in my two. 67 is a high grade.

17. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Nice grade comeaux. I think you will grade all.

You now take the taste to make a first submissions.
    ;-)