Massive silver shortage, from the dealer's mouth

Discussion in 'Silver' started by rbaggio, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Silverwise - but you have to add in postage on that.

This is over the counter. I'm in Sydney and there's a number of stores here.

$38 over the counter (immediate delivery and no delivery cost) makes it more attractive than BB.

If KJC would match these prices though, I'd buy there instead as their range is nicer. Downies only have PM stock, KJC have everything and they charge a flat $44 per oz for single coins right now, no matter what you want to buy.

I wanted to say 'rip off!' but I don't know what their cost to source was like and didn't want to jump to conclusions.

2. TomServo

TomServo New Member

I didn't phrase that well. It's a comment on the value of an 'anonymous source'. How can you argue will 'anonymous'?

3. millededge

millededge Active Member

Hey, I am 100% in agreement, but remember what GP said about prices. Let's not attract any heat to the forum. OK, I can't resist but say that I walked into Downies last weekend with a handful of fiat, saw several items - fifties, kooks and gold ounces. I left with my handful of fiat. Nuff said :p And that 3 piece hello kitty item is still sitting on its lonesome in the window :D

Looks like the premiums on the new stuff are going up. That's the steepest I've heard of at KJC.

4. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

How about this? You send me a PM, and I'll send you the dealer name.

.... Not that i reckon i'll hear from you. Because (a) you are in the US, and (b) you are just trolling.

5. Gold Kiwi

Gold Kiwi New Member Silver Stacker

You're forgetting that the NZ peso isn't as strong as the aussie dollar. The current NZ Mint price for 1oz silver rounds converts to AU$34.28. The Perth Mint is currently asking AU$38.51 for a 1oz Kookaburra/Lunar.

6. rbaggio

Sorry, some history here. It goes back to when I visited the NZ Mint, and for a single Fern, I was quoted NZD$59 (fancy packaging, apparently). However if I bought 20 or more, they were NZD$41.

7. TomServo

TomServo New Member

Ya'll reckon rightly, Mister.
    Your point (a) must mean it would do me no good, so why would I PM you?
    And (b) is nice. Anyone who doesn't agree with you must be a bad guy, right? So pull out the same tired old flames.

Trolling would imply I'm not bringing anything to the conversation. Sorry, I think I did. Why in the world would you keep the business name anonymous? It was suspicious, I pointed it out.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm not ragging on KJC here. But with the market is as it is right now and people want to put their hands on metal, it's good to relay where the sources are right now and what the asking prices are.

Any store I can walk into on the way home from work where I can buy the odd ounce at a fair price is definitely going to get my business. Especially one that offers a wide range of options (ie other than just Perth Mint)!

KJC has it all, it's just very expensive at the moment is all. If I saved up and just bought a tube, I'd get sub $40 - but even then, if I can buy singles for $38 only another 10 mins walk from there... well, you get what I'm saying.

Just pointing out the facts - KJC has all the major silver options atm on offer & it's $44 per ounce in silver for single coins, no matter where they come from.

9. rbaggio

As an aside, it looks like Ainslie are currently out of 1kg silver bars, both their own brand and Perth Mint. Neither available on their website for ordering.

10. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

yeah i seen that yesterday rbaggio

11. rbaggio

Yup, and one of Drutter's recent vids backs this up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fipRVHdjCU

12. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

It wouldnt help the bankers because the bankers have and continue to short silver.
    By constraining supply they would only be hurting themselves because this will drive the price upwards - which will further exasperate their silver short positions.

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Actually, silver is now more rare than gold...

14. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

I have heard this bandied around, but with the fort knox and salted bar rumors who know how much gold there is. Also there is a possibility of some rich dude sitting on amassive load of silver he has kept secret about. The only thing sure in life is death and taxes... And since enoch and elijah escaped it maybe just taxes, but the again helicopter b probably hasn't paid a cent in his life so maybe nothing is certain

15. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

speaking of silver shortages its not just sprott saying its tough to get silver. The canadian mint is saying it hard to come by as well.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldn...Now_Saying_Its_Difficult_Securing_Silver.html