Malaysia Airlines

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Old Codger, Mar 8, 2014.

1. millededge

millededge Active Member

6 hour flight, meh - they are paid

2. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's why it's called work ;)
    I just can't think of much more mind numbing that staring at the frickin ocean for 9+ hours a day. It'd be so easy to blink and miss any wreckage.

Edit: News this morning said 12 hour days.

3. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Did anyone actually see Abbott's satellite image?

I've seen the Chinese one all over the place but not seen the image used for Abbott's grand announcement.

4. bordsilver

5. CriticalSilver

Thank you. I just found it as well.

It's an interesting timeline preceding that announcement:

March 18 - Remote Maldives islanders report they spotted the plane flying low and to the south. Intense media interest ensues.
    March 18 - later the same day, Maldives police are mobilised to "probe the reported sightings".
    March 19 - amid video reports coming out about this multiple sighting by Maldivian islanders, the Malaysian transport minister denies the reports and labels them "untrue".
    March 20 - Tony Abbott in Parliament reveals a possible breakthrough, using interesting language to position his satellite image as the only official lead on the missing airliner.
    When I heard him say this on the radio, I thought that multiple sightings in the Maldives might be considered pretty serious and suddenly thought of Kevin07 and his call for "no fly zones" for Libya as a pivotal point in that episode.

Not saying that it's a conspiracy per se, but definitely an interesting sequence of events that pivoted the media interest away from the Maldives.

6. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

^and a day before Maldives witnesses, it was revealed Diego Garcia, Maldives and another location that I can't remember was on pilots simulator. Haven't heard about Garcia since or the media asking the US if their airbase radars picked anything up. I'm sure that they have a half decent range.

7. millededge

millededge Active Member

There's an awful lot of noise in the media about it.

8. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Found....

but why is it found there?

9. bordsilver

10. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"Phony Tony Abbott's"

Still sticking in your throat komrade?

Democracy is a wonderful thing isn't it?

OC

11. Goldrush

Goldrush Member

Unfortunately it's looking more and more like suicide as per BigSteve and my prediction a week ago.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/mh370-c...legraph-newspaper-reports-20140325-hvmf1.html

My money is on the Captain as he would have been able to order the 1 st officer out to go check on something or other and than lock him out, depressurize the cabin and off to sleep everyone goes whilst the captain has donned his oxygen mask, changes course and than proceed to try and avoid detection by radar. He than heads for the remotest destination he can find(which he has already researched and rehearsed on his flight simulator). He is hoping that the plane is never found and the truth will never come out as he wants to protect his family. I believe they will eventually find the flight recorders but I'm unsure how much they will be able to piece together from it as the voice recorders only record the last 2 hours. Sad for every one involved.

12. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

Here's an idea if you want to simply disappear rather than be known as the guy who killed a plane full of people - simply disappear and neck yourself in a high population 3rd world country.

Suicide alone is a fairly selfish act, but this takes it to a whole new level.

13. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is really getting out of hand now, they are changing views every few hours. I really feel sorry for the family's of people on that plane, the Malaysians are really emotionally messing with them. After seeing how poorly they handled this i will never fly with Malaysian airlines again and i think many others will do the same.

Now they are saying they can track the plane from the ping on the engine and calculate the Doppler shift of the radio wave. I call BS on this! The planes engine sends out a basic "hello I'm still here" ping to a satellite, which then relays a signal to some place that is for some reason recording a ping? (there is no point in recording a ping, as its just that) and if for some reason they do record the ping then it would be recorded in a compressed digital form and therefore will no longer contain the full wave range in which you can then calculate the Doppler shift!

Anywho apart from that i don't think the pilot did it. I still believe the aircraft was carrying something important on board that maybe the US had an issue with (maybe rightfully so or maybe not?) They then remotely hijacked the plane, took whatever it was then dumped the plane. As this would be easier then having to explain what they did and more so why they had to do it.

This is how i feel...
    [​IMG]

14. CriticalSilver

Nothing like destroying a US$260M Boeing 777, the cargo, the crew, passengers, the good-will and stock price of an airline, to protect your wife so she can make a claim on your life insurance policy! If it was the pilot, he certainly wasn't thinking laterally.

[​IMG]
    Source: http://www.smh.com.au/world/mh370-s...a-airlines-plane-was-lost-20140325-hvme8.html

And did it go down in the remotest part of the ocean possible given all the confirmed flight path deviations? Remarkable how the official position is so impossibly remote!

I guess also that if it was cruising at an altitude 30,000 ft (9.1km) and suddenly dropped out of the sky as seems to be the official suggestion, there is little chance of ever physically confirming the deaths of anybody at all, let alone positively identifying the aircraft. It will most likely all just have to be accepted in good-faith that there is no other explanation.

Clearly Sherlock didn't contend with the grand pronouncement method of observation and deduction! How would he have compared the Maldivian observers with the Malaysian politician announcing their claims as untrue? What would he have made of the official plot line.

15. Goldrush

Goldrush Member

What are you talking about, little chance of ever physically confirming the deaths of anybody at all. They recovered 104 bodies out of a total of 228 from AF447, from a dept of 4000 m. I think the chances of finding this aircraft on the sea bottom are high. Technology is constantly evolving and they have better tools for the job than when even a few years ago when they found AF 447. It may take a lot of time but I'm optimistic that the searches will find the bulk of the fuselage. You won't have to accept it on good faith as the evidence will be overwhelming.

16. tiddleyetom

tiddleyetom Member

I still think its on Diego Garcia...Theyve virtually avoided mentioning that place in the media.. No radar Help from Diego Garcia, No satellite imagery, no search flights, no nothing...Note how the (so called) experts say it either went south or north on an arc and not straight ahead toward Diego Garcia..Now they (without so much as a scrap of evidence) conclude its gone down in the southern ocean, a place where virtually no-one goes.. Not withstanding the daily changing of the story (classic smoke & mirrors) Its BS..

17. ToDaMoon

ToDaMoon Member Silver Stacker

What gets me is that they are stating that it has now crashed, even though we have no real proof apart from some satellite images? If that is the case we could have all said that the plane crashed two weeks ago and saved a lot of pain. Instead they wait till a PM (our own) does a little grandstanding and then lo and behold, we have our answer.

I also noticed that PM is fairly much stating that it is the wreckage (yesterday I believe), and in the same radio news segment there is a pilot stating that nothing is certain until we find and check some wreckage - basically denouncing what Abbott said in the prior news piece.

All a little weird (poignant background music)

18. Slam

Slam Active Member Silver Stacker

I have the same feeling too. Its probably got gold destined for China.

There's probably a reason why the Chinese is sending a few warships down to salvage the plane. To try and recover or confirm that the cargo is still there.

Slam

19. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

20. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here's one that would appeal to the tin-foil-hats (and stackers alike) ;) :