Making a claim for platinum express post guarantee procedures

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by Silvermonkey, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Silvermonkey

Silvermonkey Active Member

Hi Stackers,

Out of interest and wanting to know the in's and out's as most of us here use Aust Post's Platinum Express post parcel service.

If The parcel sent does not arrive in the hands of the recipient it's addressed to and all the requirements are met, i.e. within the correct postal zones/correctly filled out/posted early in the day within postal services times..

Then Aust Post are suppost to refund the cost of the parcel or replace you (sender) with another free express platinum post satchel for free.

My question is has anyone ever experienced this scenario before and gone through with the claim/gaurantee? and if so how do you go about doing it? Do you go back to the post office branch where you sent the parcel from or contact Aust post directly via their website or phone to request the guarantee?

Good to know where you stand if the promise of next business day delivery does not stand up! Although I think they are pretty good with the platinum service most times....

:)

2. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

yes I have once before succeeded in a free satchel, you need to call aus post and be the sender. I am currently awaiting a result on another incident

3. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

Done it a couple of times. You call the Aus Post call centre and they will give you a hard time. They want to check everything (fair enough) and expect you to have a purchase receipt as well as a date stamp receipt. As I keep telling them - there is no requirement in the conditions that state I need a purchase receipt. I've never yet given them one and never yet failed to get reimbursed.

They will want to see a copy of the date stamp - which you can fax to them. They will check their system to make sure the dates match and then post you a replacement envelope. Never tried to get cash out of them and they sure don't offer it on the phone. Have to look closer at the conditions to see if they will reimburse cash but I suspect not.

Over all - as long as you stick to your guns and put up with the rudeness of the call centre people - they are pretty good at sending out a replacement within a week or so.

malachii

4. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

At least 50% of the Plat parcels I receive take 2 business days or more. I am in a nominated delivery area for Platinum post.

Put simply the mail delivery in my local area sucks, a "near enough is good enough" attitude seems to be the go :(

Having said that Plat still seems to be the best alternative, and as a recipient can't claim I just have to "suck it up" lol

5. hiho

had a beauty this week gone, parcel sent Wednesday, receiver checked tracking Thursday, no record of the parcel at all. Parcel arrived in the letterbox of the recipient Friday without signature, tracking showed on board with driver at recipients location and the delivered.

the failings, not scanned by post office, not scanned at senders MDC, not scanned at receivers MDC, delivered without signature
    the shocking thing was around $7k gone missing for two days

6. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

i put 2 plat express post into the mail at the same time to the same recipient in melb ( 2kg in each so had to split)

one went to melb, the other went to brisbane! put it into the too hard basket(ala too lazy) to get my free satchel

7. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Did you insure this parcel?

8. hiho

Not an option unfortunately

9. REDBACK

You mean not an available option with platinum or not taken up by the buyer ?

10. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

RB you can't insure bullion with Aussie Post.

You can though insure industrial metal samples.

11. REDBACK

Thought maybe Platinum may be different
    Thanks though rbaggio

12. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver Monk:

My question is has anyone ever experienced this scenario before and gone through with the claim/gaurantee? and if so how do you go about doing it? Do you go back to the post office branch where you sent the parcel from or contact Aust post directly via their website or phone to request the guarantee?

If u go back to the PO they tell you to call the main office.If u call the main office they tell you to go back to the PO:) If there is any explanation from them they always win as u wouldn't be able to check it.I sent package once to Adelaide,the buyer got the package 2 days later.The explanation was: the mail was sitting in the mail room of the office where u sent the package and the buyer did not pick it up:)) Thank you Aus Post.I will use your services next time too:)

13. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

I was led to believe you can't insure bullion using Aussie Post.