Lunar Pricing Help

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by heyimderrick, Nov 2, 2012.

1. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

I admit that I have been out of touch with the Lunar market for the better portion of this year. I posted up some sets and other coins, but have received little interest so far. Just curious if some of you experts can take a look and let me know if my prices are way off. Shipping these internationally is pricey, and I've sold these sets at these delivered prices previously, so not sure if it's really the price or that there's just no love for Lunars right now.

Also, I've never seen any S1 MS70 coins sold on here, so any info on a fair value would be helpful.

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-32941-sale-lunar-s1-s2-sets-ms70-s1-tiger-and-rat.html

Thanks all, always appreciate the input. Of course, you can PM me if you're interested in any of these items too :D

2. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Prices seem extremely expensive to me.. youd need someone to put value on a plastic slabbing and grading..

You may have missed the severe bakclash in the lunar market after the PM Dragon blow-out.. we all overpaid (prices were high but we were the fools for buying).. then the PM realsied 1 million varieities of Dragons.. then they realised Privy versions for substianally less.. anyway the long shot of this was a 10-20% drop in ALL Lunar coins.

Locally its not worth grading bullion.. in America that may respresent good value but when you can buy them around 70-80 mark its a case of finding a far cheaper deal and not having a percieved worth to justify buying the slabbed version.

ie: Its not worth it to pay huge premiums for graded!

Good news (maybe)... Kooks have had a resurgence (in spite of the PM policy).. so if your holding them you have proberbly done ok (unless your holding them from the 90's in which case youll be well pissed).

1for1

3. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

I'm used to MS70 pandas commanding a massive premium. I just picked those prices based on what I saw on eBay for BIN. Thanks for the input though. I know the tiger is a popular coin, so I thought it might be desirable in MS70.

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Deleted post