LUNAR PANDA #2 MONKEY (Series)

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, Nov 5, 2015.

1. sgcoins

sgcoins Member

It would be great if these medals will be added to the book of Peter ( I hope the same for the baby panda). Can't wait to ad this great looking medal to my collection.

2. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It is in pricepedia. I am not sure of his book. Even no date publish for the 3rd edition of his panda book.

The panda monkey box and coa have been done. I will publish next week. No big diff with the panda goat. It is red color box. No fancy wooden box as others western coins. Wooden box will increase production cost and shipping cost which will end up customer to pay more. Lol so we decide no wooden box for this case.

3. andrewlee10

Here the message of the panda and Great wall :-

Parting with the Chinese Lunar horse year and welcoming the Chinese Lunar Monkey year (fire monkey)

Remember the past, value the present, build the future

Continue the virtual, determination and spiritual of Chinese culture and nationality like establishing the GREATWALL as one of the world wonder.

Establish the big picture and reputation of the country globally.

My translation might not fully accurately since I do not direct communicating with the designer. :p

hope this information is helpful

4. andrewlee10

Monkey box and coa ready. To maintain a good quality we do not dare to rush the mints. Hope it will ship before Christmas and uphold the quality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

getting closer. :)

6. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Didn't realize Shenyang was doing these! :cool:

Be sure to tell them that Gatito wants them to hurry up with the 4th & final installment of the Wutai/Emei series.. :lol:

7. andrewlee10

Coins have been issued and complete for the scared Buddha mountain series. I yet to took photo of mine.

I also awaiting the medal out but......no news till now.

8. barsenault

Coming soon...:lol:

9. barsenault

10. andrewlee10

ready to ship next Monday from china.

Btw Please PM me again if anyone did preorder and I yet to bill you. we promise the pre order price.

11. andrewlee10

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here the better photo

I will leave it to BOB for Video

12. barsenault

Best price for Panda Monkey found on Chinesemedals.com (190 vs 210 on eBay). Quick ship from U.S., too.

www.chinesemedals.com

Great pictures Andy. Thanks for sharing.

13. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

You can also get the 2016 Panda Lunar Monkey silver medal for $190 from www.Luckpawnshop.com. You still get buyer protection if you pay through PayPal. Click the "New products" tab to directly access the medal. The following URL might still get you there: http://www.luckpawnshop.com/products_new.html unless the page moves in future!

So between chinesemedals.com and luckpawnshop.com you can access this medal at $20 less than the current going rate. This means you will already be $20 ahead in terms of valuation. We have yet to see what the future pattern of appreciation of this medal will be; will it mirror that of the 2015 medal or best it? Only time will tell.

14. barsenault

^^
    Yes, you can get it from luckpawnshop, and it may take 2 to 3 weeks to come from China. If you're in the U.S., and you order from chinesemedals.com, you'll get it in about 3 days, with signature. I think that is the better way to go if you live in the U.S. But we do appreciate KOT keeping everyone abreast on where you can buy this fine medal, which is apart of a great series. :lol:

15. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

My aim is not to tell anyone whom to purchase from, just to make sure everyone knows that two websites currently sell these medals at $190.

16. barsenault

Oh, I get it. You are providing a great educational service. That's what forums are for. Thanks for sharing the tidbit, it's good for all.

17. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

The fine details and relief on the monkey side are very tempting; tempting me to run a finger across the surface just to feel the grooves and lines. I may have to sacrifice one medal to do it. The carvings look exquisite. The "relief" looks very lifelike and less rigid than you have on some other coins and medals. Anyway, I'll wait for the medals. Maybe looking at close distance will assuage my temptation. It's looking good!

18. andrewlee10

Stock reach Bob this weekend or early. So USA customers will get it soon. Pretty bob which he has one hand only.

Whoever take 5 pieces above will ship from China.

All international will ship from china.

Please notes that the pouch might crack due to cold temperature for this year and long distance shipping. However, we can ensure that we warp many layer of wrapper to protect the goods and the crack pouch would not be able to fully took out the medal.

You can buy from Lavender, noami, luckypawnshop, 1 silver 1 and us for this items. All stock are same batch from mints and from us.

BY THE WAY, Frank Wang has cited that pouch lead to white spot for classical garden series medal white spot in China Mints forum. Therefore summer Gate Resort medal omp has no pouch.

Panda Goat medal does using pouch BUT it does not affect the quality of the medal and lead to white spot like the classical garden medal so rest assure. If majority of the customers view the pouch lead to White spot as cited by Frank Wang we are happy to cut it out and ship without pouch.

Please private message us if you would like ship without pouch LOL. I do not think many would like to do so.

19. barsenault

And on that note, please note that we DO NOT cherry pick. I wouldn't want it done to me, so we don't do it! It's just not how we roll. This is a hobby of ours, it's not what puts food on the table for us!!
    As a matter fact the reverse is true for us. If we see any blemish with the naked eye, we don't send it, but eat it ourselves, period the end. This is a fact as many of you know who bought from us. Thanks for being our valued customers. I do not know if those in China do so or not. I know for a fact Lucky doesn't either. He's just so dang busy with this business, he doesn't have time to examine the medal/coin or cherry pick. Any questions, please let us know.

Take care all, Andy & Bob

20. barsenault

Here is the video for the Lunar Monkey Panda. 499 Minted. 2 oz silver. You can purchase at chinesemedals.com. Have a great day all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJfvfjZh_Vw[/youtube]