Lunar OX Typeset briefly available on PM webstore

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by octapotamus, Dec 9, 2011.

1. octapotamus

octapotamus Member Silver Stacker

Well, they were.. I managed to get 2 orders through, for a total of 2 Typesets.

I'll be pretty chuffed if they actually arrive and the whole thing wasn't a glitch :|

Would Perth Mint have kept them aside all this time in order to put them up for surprise-sale?

Or perhaps they were hidden at the back of a shelf somewhere, dug out and put back into circulation?

How have folks fared when putting through multiple separate orders for items that are limited to 1 per order?

Did any of you's manage to place an order for the briefly available Ox Typesets?

2. stackeract

stackeract New Member

They are being reminted up to maximum mintage. No need to hurry buying them, there will be plenty of them available over the next years.

3. octapotamus

oh... oh well. still glad I got a couple. I wonder how many of the 1500 are left to mint..

4. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

As of May 2011 they had only minted 771 sets... so they still have room for 729 sets ;)

5. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Limited Mintage

The Perth Mint will release no more than:

500 individual kilo coins
    5,000 individual 1oz coins
    1,000 Three-Coin Sets (2oz, 1oz, 1/2oz)

6. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

You really want a few of the Series 1 sets as they wont make anymore of them. The year of the rat for example, only about 75 sets of a possible 1,000 3-coin sets were ever made. So 75 is all there will be. If this happened in Series 2 for example, the mint could mint the remaining 925 sets anytime they choose up until 2019. So obviously Series 1 is where the money will be !

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I think the mintages on the numismatic Series II coins has already been declared - there was a post on the Perth Mint blog stating that reminting of the numismatic sets was not occurring, which inferred that this was "new old stock" that had been located somewhere.

I and another member bought new Series I 1oz gold rabbits, mice and goat coins over the bullion counter from the mint earlier this year - and they had heaps of 2oz old Dogs in stock as well. Not the same as typesets, but there are a lot of odds and sods kicking around at the mint that might not necessarily be listed on the website. There's Series I proof gold sets still on display in the Perth Mint shop that aren't listed on the website - they are separate inventories. Highly likely that stock is being transferred from the shop to the website where it will sell.

8. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

THANKS FOR THE TIP GUYS AND GALs! I just ordered 2 for my baby twin girls born in the year of the ox 2009! order went thru .........we shall see if I get, I got the overwhelming demand for this product message ? but I got a confirmation................

9. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Yeah you can buy the typset for $339 and the 1oz coloured for $75 on their website, thanks but no thanks.

There's odds and sods kicking round the Mint? Geez, what kinda business are they running over there ?!?!

10. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

They always say overwhelming demand...

Some of their "overwhelming demand" stuff is still in stock after a year.

11. stextc

stextc New Member

Besides the oxen has the been any other older Lunar up for sale?
    Maybe some mice?

12. picturefun

picturefun Member

for whatever reason, seems OX coins just do not have enough interest. It always commands lower premium than most of other Lunar coins :)

So there is some reason for why Perth Mint still have so many allowance left :)

13. octapotamus

Yeah, it seems they aren't so great.. I impulse-spazzed and bought 2, kinda wish I hadn't now, ho hum :/ *learned*

I might flog them for even. That's good money I could be buying cheap bullion with in the coming months..

Merry Christmas Silver Stackers! It's been a year to remember. Here's to a brillig 2012 :D