[Lunar Hunt] Day 2

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by hiho, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Dandan

Dandan New Member

I've been looking all over Melbourne and I'm yet o find one. I have a suspicion that a certain forum member got them all and had a decent system of getting them. Having not found one hasnt been a total waste of time. I have picked up some good coins too. At one PO, after inspecting the display and chatting to the nice lady, she went out back, opened the safe and brought the tray of coins out for me to look over. Wow lol.

I have one more ace up my sleeve getting lunars out of the PO here but I'm not sure if the competition isn't one step ahead already..... You know who you are :p

2. dindu5585

dindu5585 New Member

someone pls sell me their proof for cheap and put me out of my misery :D

3. justin536

justin536 Member

i have no Proofs :( i think ive worked out a way to late. Victoria are out of lunars grr!

4. justin536

justin536 Member

hey what type of coins did they have out back that you picked up?

5. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

What's cheap?

6. alex.ross

alex.ross New Member

I had a productive hunt today.

Went to GPO in Melbourne (Elizabeth St.), and found a typeset for $380. The guy I talked to said that he sold 4 of those yesterday, and I bought the last one. He's amazed that they're all sold out as they just arrived yesterday.

I then asked him to look around the 'system' to see if there's any more typesets in Melbourne. After 5 mins or so, he came back and told me there's none left in the city.

While in there, I also saw:
    - a 1/2 oz coloured dragon
    - 1oz gilded dragon and rabbit
    - the 1oz coloured dragon from the typeset (not the limited 10,000 mintage one) - it came in full red box, instead of the usual red outside, black inside box. I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with COA. Haven't seen this one before, or maybe my mind just playing a trick on me as I was too focused on the typeset. I forgot the price too. Can anyone confirm such a thing exist?

Interestingly, when I asked whether he has any 1oz coloured dragon, he said they're not out yet.

7. EJAM5

EJAM5 Active Member

Is this the 3 or 4 coin typeset? I was there 2hours ago and nothing was on display. Where abouts was it in the store?

8. alex.ross

alex.ross New Member

Sorry wasn't clear. It was the 4-coin.

The GPO store has coin display cases next to the stall where they sell Telstra products. In a big shop like GPO, I think they're quite easy to be missed.

Forgot to mention that while in there I saw a few people looking at the Royal Wedding coins. Clearly they're getting into the spirit of the Queen's visit to Melbourne.

Also, I saw a Panda Wild Life in Need coin there. it's currently sold out in PM.

9. justin536

justin536 Member

o really! i really want a typeset :( they are all so expensive everywhere i look! please to say though ive got the last 2 Dragon Proof coins from Aus Post they checked every state on the system and it was in Brisbane. theres oine in Cannington WA but that is resevered grrr!

10. Lunartic

Lunartic Member Silver Stacker

Wow.. So you're saying the 1 oz (non-proof) coloured dragon is out now? Guess this would be the bullion version?
    Wonder what the mintage of this coin would be, if any!

I assume no point checking out the GPO if it's be raided by you?

11. alex.ross

alex.ross New Member

Ah that explains it, as I'm pretty positive that the coloured dragon on display (and sold individually) is the one found in the 4-coin typeset.

No, go ahead and check GPO. My raid was limited to the 4-coin typeset today. I might be going back tomorrow for the 1oz coloured bullion to check the price.

12. Lunartic

Lunartic Member Silver Stacker

If it came in a box = price is high.. Even for a bullion version

Can you check your typeset and see if it says "1 oz coloured dragon" or "coloured proof dragon".
    This might explain why they made the designs different, to pick the bul vs proof version??

13. Reeve

Reeve Member

Mine just says coloured dragon. There seems to be a few dargons floating around in sa, well the staff seemed fairly keen they would be able to order me some, shull see what happens i guess, scored a typeset and they have a few coloured proofs left, guess one good thing about living in Adelaide, less competition xD