Lunar Horse Pricing

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by argento, Aug 22, 2013.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more world. I just do not see these going much below the 33/34'ish mark, and I don't care what spot price is. And to sit and hope that it does is speculation, and one could lose out on getting these at a decent price. I got my 75...and I have a minimum of 25 more to go. For kicks, I'm waiting to see what G.C and Provident sells them for...I have a sneaking suspicion it will be higher than my 35.25 all in price. And if not, then good for us. Tic, toc hurry up G.C. And provident!! :) they probably aren't in any rush, as they see silver going up in price.

2. barsenault

By the way, Gainsville has 1/2 oz horses for 16 and change.

3. Meursault

Meursault New Member

Wauw, i allready see 1oz proof for sale at a german dealer, how do they do that? Normally 1 / customer and waiting line at Perth Mint. Dealer has 5.
    69euro!

Same for 1/2oz proof and even 3 coin set proof.

So far for ''hurry! They sell out fast''

4. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

WB, exactly where is anyone saying wait two years to buy? Although, since the Dragons came out at $90-100 and now sell for 40% of that, that would have been the wiser thing to do. Massive loss for those who were the early Dragon buyers in the US & Europe.

Remember, no one is saying that buying lunars at the current prices is a bad investment. What we are saying is that at the current premium, there are better silver investments and some of us expect the premium to come down when the other dealers list their coins.

The most expensive words in the investment world are "This time is different" That is what you guys are saying and are buying based upon. I would like you to show a single Lunar example that supports the position you are taking. I am saying history will repeat itself and that a lunar that comes out with a high premium will be cheaper over the next few months. I won't lose any sleep either way.

Edit, thought this previous thread would be interesting to those who are looking at buying lunar horse coins at current prices.

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-37164-lunar-death.html

5. barsenault

I guess we shall see how much the premium drops on the horses. I don't think it will happen. APMEX still sold a lot of snakes at 39-42, while spot was at 18/19. Horses are more popular than snakes? I think those who buy the horses at 35 or lower will be just fine short or long term! Lets see how it plays out. :)

6. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

spot in two years will be $10 so stop buying now - wait for silver to go down ... like it did since 2011
    Risky for you? How come?
    History may repeat itself though the period of repetition is unknown - why to bet on that, I have no idea.
    This is kind of speculation based on nothing other than just belief.

7. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

Which dealer? Link?

8. worldbubble

second that

9. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

You kin to Yennus? You either cannot comprehend what I wrote or you are intentionally mistating things. Either way, it would be a waste of time to try to explain things to you any further. Personally, I think Apmex is doing a brilliant job of selling the 1oz silver lunar horse. They can continue the game until a US competitor lists some of the 1oz horse coins. We should know the answer as to any price drop by mid September.

10. barsenault

If APMEX truly had thousands of oz's to sell, why not sell them now at 39, 40, 41, before the others get theirs? I'm not so sure I agree with the logic. I don't think APMEX cares much about what the other 'big boys' do. I stick by my guns, I'd be surprised to see prices below 33.00, we shall see in time...I think we see 40'ish before a break of 33?

11. worldbubble

it's waste of time either to explain that waiting for some price drop or for an answers is a 50/50 chance ... it can go down or up ... For now I don't see any resemblance to dragon mania, coz horses is not being sold for twice+ the spot, significantly cheaper. Any decision based on 50/50 chance is a pure speculation. History and this back data ideas are good until there's fixed period it works ... but there's no such periods ... one time history repeats itself in 1 year, another time it repeats itself in 20 years. Until you can tell the exact limitation it is another idea speculation.
    I'm sure for one thing - if spot stays the same the coins will not get any cheaper on secondary market - only this factor makes this coin better investment than low premium bullion. We have decision tree of three branches: 1) spot goes up; 2) spot goes down; 3) spot stays flat. In two out three branches there's a win for this coin, making it 67% chance to get more than what's been payed.

There's risk, I agree, and if the spot stayed the same as 2011, dragon investors who bought the coin at release still would make a profit ... spot moved - price moved. That's a rules of the games and it is no more risky than investing in low premium bullion.

12. barsenault

Amen! I took my chances, and will continue to do so until the coins are gone, or until the price becomes foolish and/or senseless. :)

13. Spode

Spode Member

APMEX has them for US$40.28 for less than 20, and a bit cheaper for more. The second coin down on their list, and in stock.

14. worldbubble

here we go
    let's see how long it lasts ...
    Just to make it comparable to other silver - at this time 2013 ASE priced at 29.46 (if payed by CC) ...
    so, people, if the spot goes to $10 and ASEs will be at $12 don't blame horses for being valued at $20 ;) (which I highly doubt)

15. Spode

Spode Member

Out of stock now. Didn't last long!

16. worldbubble

I thought it will take longer
    Apmex trying to discover real price ... so what was the quantity available for sale at these prices?

17. Spode

Spode Member

I didn't check the quantity, sorry :(

18. barsenault

I think around 70

19. worldbubble

Apmex now has at $40.45
    254 coins available at that price

let's see how long will it take to move the stock at this level

20. barsenault

214 now...my guess, gone by end of the day...this will stop once Provident and G.C get their allotment!