Lunar Death?

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by 1for1, Feb 24, 2013.

1. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar Lunar

is not dead, so keep on topic!

2. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Anyone want to buy some Dragon privies? :D

3. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Have you got just the privy without the coin :p

4. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

This thread is really getting good , it keeps the forum interesting and provides a psychological emotional response in the mind of a stacker, Thanks to the administrator for keeping it alive !

Yep the privy without the coin that whet we all need and want !

5. aussiemate

aussiemate New Member

Hi, the luna is still a limited mintage. Except for the 1kg. Privy have never had a premium numismatic value, as far as I've noticed. I'll still go with luna. People love monkeys and dogs, and they are a good value (taking into account premium cost), as a balance between spot and collector value.
    Yes, they are very popular O'S.
    My opinion only.

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

8. worldbubble

^
    that was bargain!

9. noah

noah Member

Just thought I would keep this Lunar thread going and throw in my 2 bobs worth.

Have been stacking the series 1 PM Dragon for about 10 years, mainly bullion silver in all sizes 1kg to 1/2 oz even the gilded and especially those big diamond eyed babies. The series 1 Dragons especially the 1 kg colored diamond eyes have such an innate beauty about them it was so easy to get hooked and end up on a search and stack mission. Went on for years, never lost interest and turned out a fair investment in terms of the buying, selling and stacking.

Even though I intend moving most on soon, I will retain at least 1 set of the lot, forever. I'm sure there are other members that share the same passion for the s1 dragon in all it's splendor. Any way to all you s1 Dragon SS's keep an eye out for some of these. Will available in all sizes for sale and trades. No 5 oz produced for the dragon that year.

BTW picked up a set of gold series 1 Dragons 2 oz, 1 oz & 1/2 oz from the US for a song awhile back in the midst of the gold dragon mayhem and Aussie customs said we have them bring your cheque book... duty payable. Only time its happened.

Raised the question with them, Aussie legal tender coming home? They said Gold coming into the country. I didn't want to take them on. Maybe I should have?

I guess it didn't help when the sender plastered gold coins all over the postal docs.

Has any one else had to pay duty for Aussie legal tender coming back into the country?

10. dragafem

this has nothing to do with the title ...thanks for sharing though

11. toorak13

toorak13 Member

I want to buy some cheap
    lunar, please let me know where thanks

12. worldbubble

13. dragafem

14. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

Have you guys registered the Ainslie pricing on Privy Snakes?

Yes, they are snakes. With privies. Yes, they were a coffin nail for collectors. Get over it. :rolleyes:

$27 apiece for a 100 box; $28 apiece for a roll of 20 ($30 each). One might think they bounced in Germany?

...plus freight & insurance at $52 for a box to FNQ. Ow ow ow.

Look at it this way - they have 20% of the mintage of the real deal :D

15. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Haha... classic, nope still don't want em.

1for1

16. geodesi

geodesi Active Member

In this instance, they were probably incorrect.

Yes, its legal tender.

Yes, its 24K so exempt from GST.

Yes, its Precious Metal, so usually is Duty Free.

From the Customs FAQs At http://customs.gov.au/faq/ProhibitedRestrictedGoods.asp#Q76

If you have gold coins or other coins that are still used as currency, you can bring into or take out of Australia as much as you like, duty and Goods and Services Tax (GST) free.

If you have gold coins or other coins that are not currently used as currency, the coins are treated as a normal importation.

However, from elsewhere within Customs.

For GST purposes only gold (99.5% fine), silver
    (99.9% fine) and platinum (99% fine) in an
    investment form are precious metals.

Proof coins, other collectable coins and jewellery made of
    gold, sliver or platinum are not precious metals (duty and/or
    GST is payable unless a concession or exemption applies).

http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/ImportingPreciousMetalCoinsandBullions.pdf

If I were your lawyer, my goal would be to establish that because these coins were legal tender at point of importation, their status as legal tender overrides their collectable nature.

I would highlight that should the value of gold significantly drop, the legal tender status of the coin would override it's value as a collectable item. Thus Custom's owes you a refund, which should be obtainable with the receipts and an appropriately worded letter.

A precedent or customs ruling would assist in reclaiming your monies.

17. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

Reading the thread I have to say I'm a little surprised about the popularity of some of the years. I would have thought the ox for example would be a bit of a bust...I have an oportunity to get a 1kg ox for $720, I dismissed it but maybe it's not so bad. Considering what a 1kg perth mint bar can go for it might not be such a bad idea.

I think in the long run the flat out nicer looking coins will do well, snakes, tigers and even the dragons. As well as things have gone in the past?..That's unclear, but if your buying snakes at $30 an ounce I think you'll probably do well in the long run.

18. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

Scratch that I just double checked and it's not $720, it's a little more than that... is the ox a reasonable year interest wise though?

19. TingTing

TingTing Member

8.00 minutes onwards regarding Lunar mintages & 1oz silver.
    Apologies in advance, its BrotherJohnF & he does mention CDuane :p but still makes some good points.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cay5vw6ZOs&list=PL4B7MqBf8Q2Iv2FYzmVOx86OjqzzpXcuM[/youtube]

20. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Put it up on eBay. Sold mine for $1,300 about 2 weeks after buying it for $810 :D