Lunar 2012 kilo dragon

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by jetburner911, Jun 19, 2015.

1. jetburner911

jetburner911 New Member

Hi guys is the 2012 lunar kilo silver dragon worth holding onto? As there are so many out there would it be worth while to sell and convert it into bullion. I've seen a few around the 850 mark so I think that's what there worth. I now they can reprint them until the end of the lunar set. Is it worth while holding till the end of the set. Wouldn't surprise me if perthmint would sell a type set of kilo coins like they did with there kooks!

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was going to hold on to them for long term but sold a few for $1,300 a year ago so now have about 5 left. Thinking of letting them go too as they haven't appreciated as much as I thought they would by now.

The possibility of a remint is always something to consider but don't think it would impact the value that much. All depends on how much they (sneakily) remint of course.

3. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

I think that since they can remake the kilos at anytime, they are a bullion coin until they possibly come out with the series three.

4. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$1300....very lucky :p you must have been thinking ahead or simply foreseeing the future :p

5. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I picked mine up for $920 delivered about a year to 18 months ago - moreso because I wanted it (born year of the dragon) than any numismatic future value. Though had I known it would come down I would have waited.