Lunar 1oz Dragons now available for preorder in Germany

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by stackeract, Aug 25, 2011.

1. stackeract

stackeract New Member

Deleted...

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Is your "dealer" a Perth Mint distributor, or a reseller? If they're not a direct Perth Mint distributor, then they're just as much at the mercy of the allocations as you are.

3. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

like i said before ages ago on a PerthMint rant -
    when Perthmint is right they are right
    when Perthmint is wrong they are right
    only to be rebutted by bron....not perthmints fault, was 'my dealer' fault...
    pathetic
    shame shame shame
    if allocation is based on previous years, as i recall rabbits and mouse and tiger didnt sell out in the 1st week?

4. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My use of the term "dealer" is my nice way of not naming names. I'm sure you would appreciate that, particularly if he or she happened to a member, visitor, or site sponser on this forum.

My point being, if someone offers "pre-order" then that offer comes with a responsibility to deliver. Particularly when money is paid up front months in advance and usable by the other party in the mean time.

5. goldpelican

...have you read *any* of the threads regarding dealer allocations on this forum over the last two weeks? Every distributor & dealer in Australia got FAR less than they expected.

6. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

That doesn't remove their responsibility to deliver. AEL is trying to fulfill his promises as a good dealer should, I reckon other dealers are probably trying their best to as well.

Using the Perth Mint as a cop out won't look good for any dealer regardless of what happens. Most customers won't know or care what the mint did or did not do.

All they know is, they paid for something to be delivered and the dealer failed.

7. lucky luke

Yes, I have read *any*of the threads. And a few *others* too. I'm well aware of dealer allocations, and the issue. Just because I've only a few posts on this forum ie a "newbie", it doesn't mean I'm a "newbie" to buying silver or gold.

You have your opinion. I have mine. And my opinion is that taking money up front and months in advance as a pre-order comes with a responsibility to deliver. And if the "dealer" has to dig deeper into his or her pocket to find extra money to come good on his/her pre-order committment, then so be it.

8. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

I don't know which dealer you are talking about, but was there a clause that said something like "in the event i can't supply 1oz, you will instead get 1/2oz, 2oz etc."?

Or was there no such clause?

9. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

wow....
    just wow

10. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I can see both sides and have been caught as a seller before - fortunately not with PMs, and learnt my lesson.
    Dealers have apparently been short changed. The other side of business is you shouldn't sell what you do not have which if modern agreements are binding then there shouldn't have been an issue - on both the PM in their agreements and dealers in forward selling.

11. goldpelican

...and I can tell you, as such a dealer, my business is doing exactly that.

Including flying to Perth and standing in line to buy another 20oz to go into the customer pile.

12. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

dealers going out of their way to try and get people set up with pre sold dragons, their allocations don't come through and now said people having a winge....takes out little black book :)

13. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Bah but whinging is all we have to do until the dragons come out man.

14. lucky luke

Nope. No such clause. Besides which, had I wanted 1/2 oz or 2 oz, I would have ordered them. And no, you weren't the dealer I was referring to in case you were feeling a little sensitive about my implied criticsm. :)

15. lucky luke

Then I can only hope that my "dealer" has the business integrity that you appear to want to show. ...................... :)....... we can onlywait and see. In the end, integrity is runs on the board, not promises of intent.

But to be honest, I'm actually not bent out of shape at all about it all. Kind of fun to watch. On a point of integrity, I make a point. But its not as though my life depends or is going to be effected by it. I've spread my purchases across maples, takus, pandas, koalas and liberty dollars. The dragons were just a bit more added variety with a potential for some numismatic upside in addition to core bullion value.

Just like a handshake on a deal or bet, its the principle that matters. And its enjoyable hearing and viewing others sence of principles.

16. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Lol, me a dealer, 'sif :)

I asked because I know the 2 dealers I looked at both had clauses similar to what I wrote.

17. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Already has me. I no longer plan on keeping my sets of Lunar 2 coins going forward. I will likely swap ASEs for lunar horses in two years, but that probably all that I will purchase.

18. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I recently had delayed delivery problems with a dealer over an arrangement that went south due to delays by the Perth Mint, while the price escalated northwards at a great rate of knots.

It was causing the dealer great distress as he wanted to honour his committment.

And whilst I could have been bombastic regarding delivery etc, it was agreed to cancel the arrangement. There are somethings more important than money in life, and one of them is understanding and compassion.

19. Foos

Foos Member

Well just got notification that my 1oz silver dragons just shipped. Will let ya know when they get here 20x1oz silver

20. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Are you allowed to say which dealer that was?