Lunar 1oz Dragons now available for preorder in Germany

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by stackeract, Aug 25, 2011.

1. stackeract

stackeract New Member

A number of big dealers accept preorders now. The going rate is around 58 Euros for 1oz silver dragons and 1470 Euro for 1oz Gold dragons.
    That's a premium of almost 30 Euro for Silver and 250 Euro for Gold.

stackerACT

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I think for the Snake (also bound to be popular) I'll try to arrange a "Silver Stackers" member allocation of the coins at normal premiums through Gold Stackers. There's taking a profit, and then there's price gouging.

3. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

At that price, no thanks.

4. silverstalker

silverstalker Active Member Silver Stacker

APMEX is allowing pre-orders for all sizes apart from the 1oz.

5. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Or, as an old supplier of mine used to say: "There's taking a profit and then there's taking the piss".

6. stackeract

stackeract New Member

I'm torn if I should order some in Germany or not. In a previous post someone mentioned that an Australian dealer asked $90 for silver 1oz and $2500 for gold 1oz.
    The Euro prices are quite a bit cheaper than that, and less than what they ask for Tiger coins. Not to mention series I.

7. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

If you are not in terrible financial situation and you are only buying a few pieces, then it is really up to you where you buy. Should not put a dent in your finances whatsoever.

However if you are on tight budget and you want volume, you either buy from perth mint direct or wait until some kind hearted dealer releases it at reasonable price.

8. stackeract

stackeract New Member

I think both cases are very unlikely.
    Here is my prediction (I hope I'm wrong): On September 1 the Perth Mint servers will be unaccessible due to the massive load, that's for sure. By the time they manage to handle the server load (probably around September 10 :) ) all coins will be sold. Then the only way to get them will be ebay for $200+/coin.

9. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well I hope you are wrong but if they do hit eBay at $200 I think there will be quite a few disappointed speculators.

Most people who suddenly want bulk lunars (myself included) are speculating on the price going up, otherwise there is plenty of other silver around at reasonable prices. If the price is already high then the profit margin will be low, lower than the margins on buying a similar number of cheaper silver.

I wouldn't buy $200 rounds on the hope that they will go up to $300, too many eggs in one basket. I would rather buy 4 $50 rounds and hope that they go up by at least $25 each, easier to sell on.

I will still buy a couple for a rainy day, but not as part of the larger investment strategy.

I also think that the Perthmint servers will crash at 10:30 Brisbane time, I will certainly do my best to help!

10. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Given you can buy series 1 Dragons for $130-$150 with a mintage a third of the this years 2012 dragon, I'm thinking there's little chance the 2012 will ever exceed series 1 price.

11. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

With spot silver @ $40US I reckon the big dealers in the US will release the 1oz @ $60 a coin. Why this?

1. It is double the dragon 1/2 oz asking price;
    2. It is the price pretty much they are asking for the 1oz rabbit.

Still, that's $20 or 50% above spot. A far cry from the usual $6-$7 above spot.

We shall see.

12. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gainsville has the 1/2 oz priced at $35 so I can see the 1 oz easily being $60. Strangely, Gainsville has all sizes of the silver dragon EXCEPT for the 1 oz.

13. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

re: the 1470 Euro price on the 1 oz Gold dragon. Just looked at Gainsvilles site. They currently have them priced at 1757 USD which at todays exchange rate is about 1220 Euro. Thats a difference of 250 Euro. HUGE ! I do note though that Gainsville currently doesn't have any available for pre-order.

14. stackeract

stackeract New Member

That's spot price and cheaper than the Kangaroo coin. It's probably just their default setting for gold coins.
    Btw., it seems the German dealers mostly don't accept orders anymore. Since it's the middle of the night there, maybe their whole allocations were bought by Australians :D

15. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

Hello Stackeract, I would be interested to know how you would proceed in getting bullion from Germany, (assuming you are buying as a private individual) as Euro VAT regulations prohibit shipping to private individuals outside Germany. They are able to ship to the Swiss but not inside the Euro free trade area. Any information you can pass on would be appreciated.

Regards, Maggie

16. stackeract

stackeract New Member

Hi Maggie,

I didn't know there was a problem. I ordered from Germany before without any problems. They might even deduct 7% VAT if you are outside of Europe.

Regards,
    stackerACT

17. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you buy from German dealers, larger orders have to go to the local custom office for verification, and they give the sender certificate of approval to send out the goods.
    VAT is no problem, but this extra work make German seller reluctant to send coins oversees when they have good local support anyway.

18. El Bullion

El Bullion New Member Silver Stacker

Gainesville isn't taking pre-orders so there can't be a price yet. You must be looking at the 'Recent Viewed Products' price, and the price shown there probably comes from the page template they used (it's been like that since last week). Happy to be corrected though.

19. stackeract

stackeract New Member

Check the Gainesville site again and scroll down :)
    http://www.gainesvillecoins.com/pro...ilver-perth-mint-year-of-the-dragon-coin.aspx

20. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

What would you guys be prepared to pay for a 1oz silver dragon come 1 Sept? Or another way - what do you think the mint will sell the coins for on 1st Sept?
    I'm asking as my mum is intending to line up at the Mint as i guessed $50 per coin?