Looking for a list of Silver producers from ASX

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by damien192x, Feb 25, 2012.

1. damien192x

damien192x New Member

Silver producers, as in companies that have silver and will be digging it out o the ground, not explorers

Are there any sites where I can get this info?

Cheers.

2. Goldrush

Goldrush Member

Cobar (CCU) will be a Silver producer very shortly and they have the largest pure silver mine on the asx.

Progressive plant commissioning will begin in March.

They are 20% of my total investments and I am confident that they will be a mainstay of my investments.

There is a thread about this company here.

3. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Do you want silver as the primary metal? or secondary producers of silver?

primary is very small and any google search should help you find all of them on the ASX, but some that have significant silver as a second metal are (and some of these are not technically producers but developers)

Evolution Mining (gold)
    Disovery Metals (copper)
    Kingsgate Consolidated (Gold)
    Cerro Resources (Gold)
    Kingsrose (Gold)
    im sure there are more but they dont come to mind right now

4. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

sanchez do you know what the result of the trading halt on on svl is?
    I've been looking at it with my google skills and can't figure out whats going on or likely to happen
    Have you looked at them recently, do you think its a good time to buy?

5. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

No 1. Dont ask me I only work here.... the good time to buy anything in this sector passed a month ago - what you're asking me is really "is it going to go down from here" - answer everything could - so please nobody ask me that question. Ask yourself this question though "do i believe im getting best value for my money".

No. 2. I have not looked at SVL for a while - i casually glance at their drilling, but dont follow them. To be honest I didnt even know they were in a halt.

I tell you one I have been watching and have owned since Jan - is MacPhersons Reward Gold - as soon as they got the Nimbus project and the Plant - ive been watching like a hawk finally bought at about the price it is now. Might be a project to have a look at and do your maths on.

The real value of the company (excluding metal) is about 23c - but because of the potential of the project its at 29c today and has been hovering there for a while. BRR have their presentation on broadcast today. have a watch.

I cant tell you about Silver Mines Ltd other than I use to own and sold after their scoping study was released at a loss. Im the only guy i know who makes a loss in a bull market :)

6. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

Thanks, I want to buy it because I figure its time it went up. Don't much like the company, but what would I know.
    Thought I'd check your opinion before I bought this time rather than after, thanks for the tip on MacPhersons