List of good stocks.

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Guest, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I bought several precious metal stocks last year and got disheartened and sold out. I am now looking to dribble a little of my pay every two weeks into mining stocks (and maybe energy stocks).

If anyone could recommend a few for me to research that would be ace... some of the ones I bought were AYN GOR EVG AZM AZH TRY.

Many thanks in advance. I appreciate your opinions.

2. shano73

shano73 Member

NST, KCN, PRU, RMS & a couple of speccy stocks Im also in atm are CTP & SVL

All the above are loving the QE3 announcement atm.

But please research yourself, these can quite easily die in the ass :)

3. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mining stocks - good luck with those. The sector is infested by mountebanks, charlatans and outright swindlers who operate with complete impunity and can even shut down discussion on internet forums. Good f**g luck!

Oh, you might like to pay up for quality and have a few SLR (don't hold myself). Prefer the cutting edge mining service companies.

4. Barbarian At The Gate

Barbarian At The Gate New Member

DYOR of course, but my advice would be to stick with PM producers. The one that comes to mind, of the juniors, is AYN. It's a stock I own and know pretty well. Just recently, the Chairman parted with half a million dollars of his own money to take up a parcel of shares (now in the black).

My other piece of advice would be to avoid companies which cannot stand criticism of their companies. Have been a member of Hotcopper for quite a while, and the recent sensitivity displayed by some company directors is beyond the pale. It's not that they necessarily have something to hide, though some probably do, it's the way they go about it. Shutting down free speech is wrong and gives the wrong impression.

So, to summarize, AYN for me in the PM department; avoid companies over which egotistical directors preside.

And importantly, always do your own research. One more thing: the stock market is not for the faint of heart.

5. Papina

Papina New Member

PGI is a new producer

6. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

This made me laugh... posted on silverstackers :D

7. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

i'm happy with the direction that MOY is trending.
    Should be producing first gold in late Sept.
    Others might not like it though, i was told that they had too many shares available.

8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Do a search for a thread by "chimpanchu" who went to the gold symposium a couple of years ago and reported back to us.

He has a little bit about selecting gold stocks from one of the presenters. In return for this bit of advice, I ask you to post your opinions/understanding etc about what the presenter offered. :)

9. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Im tossing between SBM and BDR at the moment, have some AZM like yourself, hopefully we see some higher grade drill results and decent resource increase in the next year or so.

10. IloveAU

IloveAU New Member

Stay away from explorers. This market is very hard to please. Plenty announce decent drill results but the market only chooses a few where the traders pile in for a quick buck and leave. If you are lucky then your stock is in the spotlight, if not tough luck... as the company slowly runs out of cash and need to dilute via capital raisings.

This is the time to take stakes in advanced explorers moving into production. Stop looking at how many ounces a company has..... Look for ones that will take the least money to set up and excellent margins. This gives a lot of room in case they screw up and will be less likely to raise capital during ramp phase.

Find the ones with Definitive feasibility studies (DFS). These are the ones that have done sufficient studies and can apply for debt finance.

The ones i am aware of atm are ATV, MYG, SUM, YTC, DRM and of course my preferred one MSR.

These will actually go somewhere and be multibaggers once they start production.

If you wanna be safe then go with established producers but more risk more reward.

11. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well done with AZH - it's been down lately but is looking to shape up as a significant junior goldie ;)

Lynas also for me, as well as MYG, MLM, CHZ & trusty TRY ;)

Full list of ASX listed goldies at the bottom of the page @ www.goldnerds.com.au

12. silversange

silversange Member

My top five

ABU.......Gold explorer with over 3m oz. lot of up side potential in future.....check out hotcopper forum....great info from some posters for ABU like chuk, bobminer etc.

TAM.......Gold.....located in the same area as ABU. Producer/explorer with over 3m oz......currently producing 50K oz looking to increase to 200K in the next 2 years. Watch this space.

SIR........what can I say .057c now $2.10 in just 1 month.....nickel explorer with great management......potential NEW NICKEL PROVENCE if so bang this stock could be $4 to $8 in the comming years. Sulphide ore (easy to process) not Laterite, currently drilling flat out 3 rigs on site. 4 conducters only 1 been drilled time of writing.

NST.....$80m in the bank big high grade deposit also paying a divi......havent seen a junior do that for quite some time.

SLR......Gold producer, great management, good deposit just a good well run operation also I like Toranas HA HA

These are my top five companies that I have bought into high risk high return. DYOR before you buy

13. xALmoN

xALmoN New Member

so is MLM good? theyre a nickel company that's yet to start any processing (mate did the research for them)

he says to buy. but, i dont know...

14. VRS

I got into MLM because of their various chunks of other companies - (that and I worked for Metallica on the Justice For All Tour in UK back in '88 - y'know - a really scientific stock picking technique lol)

They just disposed of stakes in Orion Metals & Planet Metals and are concentrating on Nickel-Scandium via their Oresome vehicle - but they also have big %'s of Metrocoal (MTE) and Cape Alumina (CBX), mineral sands, limestone, exploration permits and other worthwhile bits & pieces, plus strategic links with Chinese co's

http://www.metallicaminerals.com.au/about-us-0

http://www.google.com/finance?q=ASX:MLM (see descrip here for various holdings - Nornico is now Sconi btw)

I did a calc before I bought which totted-up the value of their various interests on a NAV basis - it was about 50% undervalued at the start of 2011, if that's any help - You'd have to do the same exercise again, post share market doldrums.

15. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Very cool. I went and saw that tour in Sydney at the Hordon in 89, and ended up in the middle of a riot - with the riot squad... very interesting and fun times. :cool:

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Cheers Shiney ill check out that thread when I get home tomorow.

Thanks everyone.

17. VRS

18. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Best stock I've had so far....
    [​IMG]

19. GoldenEgg

GoldenEgg Member

RRL (GOLD) is a good pick.68 million profit last financial year and a new mine just opened up a couple months back.
    Has risen fast since July but i still think it is good value considering QE-infinity.

20. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker