Libertarian concepts from Jim Jeffries

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by JulieW, Mar 9, 2015.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's about bang sticks on the face of it but he reaches some deep issues.
    Love this comedian.

BIG language warning.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP3HJVp3n9c[/youtube]

2. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Pure gold and it points out only SOME of the holes in Libertarinism, I would love to see him do something on Libertarianism he would tear it to shreds.

3. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have only recently come across this guy, absolutely hilarious, my kinda humor. His gun control rant is great too

4. Newtosilver

The thing is what he is saying is true and it makes perfect sense, it also shows the stupidity of thinking of Libertarians and their lack of ability to think a couple of steps ahead.

5. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"If you are for gun control, then you are not against guns, because the guns will be needed to disarm people. So it's not that you are anti-gun. You'll need the police's guns to take away other people's guns. So you are very pro-gun, you just believe that only the Government (which is, of course, so reliable, honest, moral and virtuous) should be allowed to have guns. There is no such thing as gun control. There is only centralizing gun ownership in the hands of a small, political elite and their minions. - Stefan Molyneux"

[​IMG]

Harvard study shows gun control doesn't save lives

Why gun ownership?

Yep. Completely incapable of thinking a couple of steps ahead. :)

6. Newtosilver

That is retarded, your whole argument is the govt is evil and that is about it. Refer to the video ref "bullshit excuses" because you are one of the people he is talking about :)

Edit : quote from a Libertarian....

Well, if flip answers could win victory for libertarianism, we would have been in power long ago.
    Bob Waldrop

7. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

More from the same article below. See the original at: http://georgereismansblog.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/gun-control-controlling-governments-guns.html

Summary: We need guns just in case we (our society) become "mega-Communists and mega-Nazis" (his words) under the thrall of collectivist ideologies with "environmentalist dictatorships" dedicated to enacting a future "mega-holocaust".

This is pretty hard core.

If the justification for gun ownership is to mount a defensive military operation against the 21st century military might of a modern government, then I'm buzzing F-22s, not F-35s.

And I shall also require a number of kinetic orbital strike systems. The tungsten rods I can get off Alibaba but I'm not clear on how I'm going to fund the launch. Maybe Space-X can help, but I might have to sell my stack.

8. Newtosilver

Basically we need to protect ourselves from the evil Govt so we need guns, refer to the video where he takes about taking a gun to a drone fight and muskets in the video, he covers that point pretty well.

The drivel is a favourite of white supremists and the hard core end of the world survivalists / peppers you get in the US.

Better build an underground shelter, stockpile 3 years worth of toilet paper and food and start buying cases of ammunition.

What crap.......

9. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mega Nazis... it could happen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWo3ydIY_sc[/youtube]

10. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Meh. People in the 1800's would have similarly dismissed the possibility of the numbers of bodies that would have piled up in WWI. Then again in WW2. Or the bodies piled up under Stalin and Mao etc etc. In the 21st Century the ISIL Caliphate is starting out on a nice peaceful route that will definitely end up in sunshine and flowers for all who live in, or neighbour, their territories should they succeed.

On our side, it is only ~a generation since Australia conscripted people at the point of Government guns to go murder people in foreign countries. And in a very short time our virtuous all-loving Governments across Australia have introduced laws that allow them to take away people's right of association, take away the right to silence, re-introduce star chambers, invade our privacy, to give police powers that mean they can take people off the streets, detain them without trial, and are legally obliged to deny that they have done so all without fear of being charged if they misuse their powers. But apparently this is all the action of an entity which loves us and only cares about our wellbeing. Such caring is demonstrated in many ways everyday such as the way that they use their guns to attack potato farmers in Western Australia if they have the temerity to grow too many potatoes. Yep rantings of people who are incapable of thinking two steps ahead. :p

PS: And anyway, I also posted articles which discuss that the bans on the basis of safety aren't true either. But really as Molyneux said, anti-gun nuts aren't actually anti-gun. They are pro-centralisation of guns into the hands of people with illegitimate authority and privileges. You know the "reliable, honest, moral and virtuous" people who are represented so well in our politicians. Makes perfect sense to me.

11. Newtosilver

If you think people with small arms are going to be able to take on a modern military you are retarded, you really think the people of Australia are going to rise up against the evil Govt in the hundreds of thousands? That is rehtoric spewed out by race groups and nutter servivalists.

Watch the video, before Port Authur 10 mass shootings, Port Authur gun laws then in going on 20 years not one as he says must be a coincidence (the reason all the people laugh is because he is pulling the piss if you don't get it.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...fatally-shoots-himself-father-gun?CMP=soc_567

Never would have happened if the kid had a handgun so he could have defended himself.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...wmaker-discharges-gun-capitol-office/4373837/

Read the last paragraph, maybe keep your gun in your car (it is safer and kids won't get them lol.

You also have the case at Walmart where the two year old reached into his mums purse and the pistol went off killing his mother. She had it of self protection thank god.

Numerous cases happening all the time where kids shoot themselves, a sibling or a parent.

Watch the video, not only is it very funny what he says is true and the other thing is people know it.

12. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

13. GBN

GBN Member

I'll bet the Jewish people in Europe would have stood a better chance if they were well armed.

To defend from a modern military you need the full line from the second ammendment - "A well regulated militia, being the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

14. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

Well they have weapons now, and look at them go. Following your logic, maybe if the occupied territories had better armaments they'd stand a chance, and peace is the result of possessing equal force. Equally likely, death and destruction accelerates, and the so called holy land becomes a literal rather than metaphysical term (if it isn't already?).

15. Newtosilver

Watch the video where he speaks about muskets and drones........

16. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Eureka Stockade - " It was a revolutionsmall in size; but great politically..." (Mark Twain)

The Haganah did a pretty good job throughout its history (Jewish paramilitary organization from 1920-1948) - and helped to create modern Israel.

Warsaw Ghetto Uprising - "I don't think there's any real need to analyze the Uprising in military terms. This was a war of less than a thousand people against a mighty army and no one doubted how it was likely to turn out. This isn't a subject for study in military school. (...) If there's a school to study the human spirit, there it should be a major subject. The important things were inherent in the force shown by Jewish youth after years of degradation, to rise up against their destroyers, and determine what death they would choose: Treblinka or Uprising." (Yitzhak Zuckerman)

17. Newtosilver

I was unaware they had technology like, drones, satellite imagery, blue on blue trackers, attack helicopters, Close Air Support such as A10s, FAC attached to combat teams, copperhead arty rounds, Fast Air with JDAM's etc, fire and forget missiles like the Javlin, body armour, linear breaching charges, HEDP rounds, thermal imagery, IR imagery, night fighting equipment which is lovely to use with IR tracker rounds , modern armour, modern optics with integrated range finders etc at any of those points in history.

You learn something new every day, thanks :)

A few blokes from the local fishing club with small arms would do well especially when you consider it would be easy to resupply in Australia with our porous land borders and our close neighbours.

18. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm sorry I just flicked through the last few posts but has this become a right wing pro Israel and 'guns for security' discussion???

19. Newtosilver

Don't worry the fella who has the anti Jew rants will be along soon as well.