Liberal democratic Party and Victorian elections 2015

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mmm....shiney!, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Well the voluntary workers who are paid a pittance may get upset may not want to hunt and forage and your business may take a bit of a loss

http://news.yahoo.com/riot-forces-maruti-suzuki-plant-closure-india-055454456--finance.html

:roll eyes:

2. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

So, umm you are entitled to stuff, produced by others, for free just by dint of being alive? I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from here. There is the things that nature provides, ie you can go out and pick berries or hunt down the animals yourself. Or there are things that other people work to create. I'm confused as to what other choices you think there are.

If you are saying this amounts to slavery, no it doesn't. Slavery implies a master.

I don't think this a good description of most jobs. If it describes your job, my suggestion is find something else.

3. Newtosilver

You stated I was scaremongering and strawman arguments I am thinking you are talking about what I said with allowing people to go and train and fight overseas and then come back and be able to carry concealed weapons and assault rifles.

Did you see what happened in Canada today? A Muslim convert who wanted to travel overseas to fight who had his passport cancelled and went on a shooting spree today with a semiauto weapon.

So what I said yesterday was scaremongering? It would never happen? Maybe it is called reality.

4. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

All you're saying is that if you don't have an effective rule of law some people will believe that it is less effort to steal from others. Big deal. Everyone knows that. That has nothing to do with being a "wage slave".

If you do have a rule of law then it is a choice between working for yourself or working within society. Peacefully working within society for your income is not slavery.

Further I should probably point out that the LDP gun policy does not allow free for all carrying of whatever weapons you desire, anywhere you desire, to be used for any purpose you desire (and I don't think any society would tolerate such). You sound like the very person who would be prevented from carrying a weapon because of your basic craving to use them to harm or steal from others (which you yourself have stated on many occasions).

Irrespective of LDP policies, this is completely in tune with underlying Libertarianism moral philosophy. You have the right to own and/or carry weapons for peaceful purposes. If you misuse that right, (including demonstrating that you have a credible threat of misuse) then you lose the right to carry. Simple. So if I did refuse to work for your pittance of dirty fiat and went and caught fish and you then used your big concealed weapons to steal my fish then:
    (a) you would be a criminal and subject to appropriate penalties
    (b) you may lose the right to carry in the future.

Ditto ex-foreign fighters who are deemed to represent a credible threat would possibly not be allowed to migrate to Australia at all or may have conditions attached. As far as I can tell this is LDP policy as well (although Leslie may choose to correct me).

5. bordsilver

Did you see what happened in Central Victoria today? Three people killed by a gun toting neighbour. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-23/three-dead-man-arrested-after-siege-in-victoria/5834800

Ban all neighbours!

6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lets just ban Victorians and deal with the problem at the source.

7. bordsilver

Too right. They are so inconsiderate that they never offer to light their girlfriend's farts before lighting their own.

8. Newtosilver

I saw that maybe we could just hand out firearms like the one on the LDP website to anyone over the age of 18 who passes the "checks" then if they kill 30 people in a shopping centre we can prosecute them if they are not killed and we can remove their right to legally own a firearm on the future and put them in jail. Oh what about the people killed?

I mean look at Martin Bryant at Port Authur, 35 killed and 27 wounded but on the bright side he was prosecuted and will never be legally able to own a firearm again. If you said that to the relatives of anyone killed at Port Authur they would say you are retarded.

9. bordsilver

Innocent until proven guilty is the only sensible way. All else is nonsensical.

Edit: Not to mention how much of the tragedy could have been prevented if someone like you had been there with the means to defend yourself.

10. Newtosilver

Try telling that to the voting public and see what you result you get. The poor dumb turtles would rather be alive than free.

11. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

The Swiss know how to respect weaponry - http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the-swiss-difference-a-gun-culture-that-works/

12. SovereignBuyerMelbourne

SovereignBuyerMelbourne Member

You can of course save up enough to buy property and then grow your own food sell excess, create your own energy sell excess and use recycled water.

I think nowadays you have the means.

Also to avoid being too dependant on my wage and my boss I always have enough money saved so that I can live for 3-6 months maybe more depending on how comfortable I want to be. That way I always have the option of quitting.

13. bordsilver

At this point I'm only trying to tell you and the people engaging in this thread.

14. LeslieHughesLDP

LeslieHughesLDP New Member

Especially the TV Show!

Actually, your arguments have swayed me on this topic. You are right. Guns can be used for ban things, so let's ban guns. We could also probably prevent these murders if we also banned murder, or at least had a law against attempted murder. We also have a meth problem, perhaps the government should ban meth too?

Magic words on a piece of paper stopping good people from doing or owning things because it could potentiall *totally* stops the bad guys from both doing or owning the bad things!

Remember how we banned drugs, and how suddendly we are TOTALLY NOT the higest drug using nation in the world?[1] I guess that's different though, because while I can't make MDMA in my shed, I can definately make a gun with a CNC for $1,200[2]... probably getting cheaper soon... what, am I making the opposite point!? Guns are becoming easier to make than drugs!? I'm confused. Maybe the government should also ban the act of being confused. Problem fixed forever.

[1] http://www.news.com.au/national/aus...the-world-report/story-e6frfkvr-1226409745235
    [2] http://www.wired.com/2014/10/cody-wilson-ghost-gunner/

Also, what kind of person thinks us "greedy capitalist" LDP people would simply hand out guns? They cost money, you know!?

15. LeslieHughesLDP

LeslieHughesLDP New Member

argh... it won't let me edit my post, but the second quote was Newtosilver, not bordsilver.

16. Newtosilver

Ok you are right let's legalise meth and heroin and guns. That is not going to create any problems at all is it? So now we will have people high on meth walking around armed to the teeth and people who sell and manufacture meth etc armed to the teeth and as high as a kite.

I do not see that creating any problems at all, let's just apply some libertarian fairy dust to that and I am sure all will be fine.

Hey if a meth head with a assault rifle looses his shit in a shopping centre all the non meth heads can shoot him - good plan.... Being a former member of the shooters party I assume you know bullets go through people and then into other people and then out the other side of them? They also go through walls.

With you in charge (which thankfully will never happen) the number of people killed with firearms in Australia would go through the roof.

You say Australia has a very high rate of drug use, throwing a large number of assault rifles and concealed carry firearms into circulation is going to improve society?

Make sure you tell that to the voters.

17. hawkeye

I can't believe we let people have alcohol. Think about all the drunk people wandering around. How about all the people who die at the hands of drunk drivers?

Ban alcohol immediately. It's the only sane thing to do. Think of the children.

Or cars. The amount of deaths by car every year is astounding. Forget terrorists, drivers are a much big problem. Just look at the statistics. Ban cars!

18. Newtosilver

Ok so heroin, meth, concealed carry high capacity pistols and assault rifles will be legal.

As I said I am sure everything will work out well, what are the chances of me being able to build and sell car bombs? They will only be used for self defence and sporting purposes and if anyone uses them in an illegal manner we can revoke their license and then ban them from owning car bombs in the future.

I can start a business running courses teaching people close quarter shooting techniques and building clearances for up to 4 man teams so they can protect their property.

A libertarian society sounds awesome.

19. Newtosilver

Does Australia?
    http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-gun-crime

20. hawkeye

The point is with drugs, alcohol is just a drug too and the only reason why it hasn't been or isn't still banned is due to it's popularity. Nothing else. There's nothing at all civilized, or sane about banning certain drugs and handing over the production and distribution and profits to criminals rather than normal companies like the alcohol companies. You're only creating crime by doing so. After all, how many criminals are there in the illegal alcohol business? Not many is my guess, because all the money is in the legal production and distribution and the people doing the producing and distributing of alcohol are not that different to you.