LEON's weekly COT report analysis

Discussion in 'Gold' started by leon1998, Apr 11, 2015.

1. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

I am aware of what metals can do for us.
    I missed the Hunt brothers run, but caught the tail end of the run.
    Next time i will be extremely well placed to cash in on the next mania.
    I will be one of those bulls roaring at the top of my voice "BUY AT ANY PRICE" and my ebay and TM accounts will be loaded with slightly over priced silver and gold rounds.
    The only thing spot price does fr someone like me is give a starting point for how much i can afford to spend on what people are selling me , so that i can turn them around quickly and get a return on investment + free metal for my own stash.
    I am 100% sure there is never going to be a COLLAPSE.
    The stock market may crumble and the financial markets turned upside down, but i know from history THAT THEY ALWAYS GET BACK ON TRACK.
    Sure lots of people suffer, but lots of us also prosper.
    Buy low and sell high is the game.
    And as many of you here know personally or have heard from reliable sources , many people get in high and sell lower in a panic.
    I am so very confident that i can afford to speculate on lots of long shots with little investment and if they turn out good , YAY.
    If they do not then , no great loss.
    I sold some silver a few weeks back (just because i could) so i could post comments knowing i had skin in the game.
    I intend to buy those ozs back in coming months + extra and still have change from the original sale.

2. sterling-nz

It took me four attempts to post that bloody stupid chart:(

3. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Stirling - I fully appreciate your and many other SS idea of buying low then selling high and rebuying low again. There is nothing wrong with that idea and if you were to take 20% of your holdings and play that game it is fine. Personally I prefer buying over time and holding. I too missed the Hunt brothers but started in the the later part of 2000 and then more seriously since 2005. Do I care that prices have gone backwards the past 3 years not really. Yes I could have accumulated a bit more had I sold metals from purchases 2010-2011 and repurchased now ? But I didnt and who cares. Slow and steady ............... :D

4. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Well I just bought a couple of ounces which immediately fell off a boat. Rent money with nothing else to do and to good a deal to refuse @ just under spot with free gems and silver(lovely great big honking 37.5 50 peso and a job lot of other pieces including four ounces of silver in coins, a few nice natural sapphires, few diamonds and a 10 gram 18K gold chain, silver chain and silver jewellery, few bits of onyx ).

If the trend is so contrarian with 'look at me' newly wise teenage cheerleaders like leon (who cross posts widely on other sites) based on junk like Elliot waves then this bear is on legs as shaky as those of the bull when max Kaiser was ranting about the collapse of the west and people were buying silver in the 40s.

Going to be fun with Greece and the money had more chance of depreciating in euros than it did in gold. Either way it is going no where now but the bottom of the ocean for many years....now june may be a touch lower but given the state of forex it was not worth waiting with a deal like that in my face......

Thanks Leon. You convinced me to buy. I am that sure you are an idiot.

Love haggling a deal.

Now excuse me Leon...I have to stagger off to lie down like smaug and curl up for a bit while you career around the internet cross posting stuff you gleamed from others but don't understand. I guess you bought a couple of ounces of silver with your pocket money and feel you are now a playa and market maker. I made my money on the options market in the 90s and need your 'experience' about as much as Brittney spears newly launched brand of knickers.

[​IMG]
    Source:

5. leon1998

leon1998 Member

Told you so, Shock and Awe :p

gold 1178 USD silver 15.60 USD

6. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Funny I see you on other forums telling people to buy gold at 1225 earlier in the year. I see you making bogus predictions on silver. I see you starting multiple threads and continuously throwing numbers out you get in reply from posters here and other places when you start these multiple threads, with no understanding of why others guess at certain figures. I see you citing nonsense like Elliot waves and screaming for attention. I see you talking about buying a couple of bits of silver at 19.

Your another mug who thinks they can guess futures in commodities and peg an exact number on them.

The only thing I actually see is you looking for attention. I get you don't understand PMs or Forex or the fact not everyone is working in US dollars. Gold has been quite good compared to other currencies since last October.

I see a lonely teenager looking for attention by trying to be irritating to others and actually failing. You run around on any downside price fluctuation like crab and in the end of the day tell no one anything. Like I say above you are the most wonderful contrarian indicator. You seem to think that buying physical PMs is some sort of analogue for day trading..

Your posts....the three lines of drivel with an emoticon...sigh. Your assumption that everyone buys off bullion dealers or that they set market prices...cross posting on different forums word for word over and over...get a life kid.

I genuinely think you are a minor now so won't banter with you. I really have better things to do than encourage a disturbed teen in a disturbed behaviour.

7. leon1998

leon1998 Member

Weekly COT report: WARNING SIGN FLASHING !!!

Banks have been increasing short contracts against gold in the past week; when everyone else was reducing shorts. Apparently Banks knew something about this coming FOMC meeting; ahead of time as usual.

Gold might suffer another smackdown to 1,150 USD next week; prolly on Wednesday FOMC minutes. :p

8. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For future reference: [​IMG]
    Source: Drudge Report

9. Ronnie 666

Leon I am confused - Technical analysis say otherwise ? show us your proof that banks are increasing their short positions this past week ????

http://www.kereport.com/2015/04/24/thoughts-doctor-postma/

On April 24, 2015 at 4:02 pm,
    RICHARD-DOC says:

Commercials on the COT report show a decrease in short positions in the PMs. We'll move lower next week and it'll be interesting if the shorts on next week's report are decreased more and if long positions are put on. We have to have a bounce in May. If we get that, the summer months are going to be interesting-we have to get through them to keep the lows in .

I know lets go buy shares and bonds - The Fed has my back .......what can go wrong ?

10. sterling-nz

Good question Ronnie, i to would like to see the proof for the statement.
    This is your chance to shine Leon:)

11. Ronnie 666

12. sterling-nz

13. Ronnie 666

I put no store in Harvey's interpretations or predictions but he does accurately report the daily moves in open interest in the metal markets. All I am saying is that there are many people showing that commercials have a shrinking short position on PM and Leon says otherwise ?

14. sterling-nz

Hoky toky then.
    I see you asked leon a reasonable question regarding his proof of statement.
    Leon has not bothered to reply to your very reasonable request and this is leading me to believe that there is no proof and he is just making stuff up.
    In light of his absence of back up data would you say it is a fair call if i was to say leon is full of hot air and has no idea what he is talking about?
    Thats what i am going with unless he can answer your very reasonable request :)

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I heard from a guy on youtube that silver is headed to $9.80 USD.

I'll try to find the video. :)

16. Holdfast

Ahh...here it is. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7oXPy_r2m0[/youtube]

17. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

That video is 6 months old, not sure it's a prediction that came true given where silver was then and is now. I hate to say it but I think the resident crab CJ was closer to the mark.

18. Holdfast

Predictions, predictions, predictions. :D

At least one member picked up on the sarcasm; see post 35. ;)

19. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

That's the logical problem that is stumbled on when judging a situation occurs on basis of selections of thewhole instead of the whole (total net position).
    A shrinking short position of commercials implies a shrinking long position of noncommercials.
    A focus on short or long is therefore totally useless.
    The total net position can be seen as a trendline (the green one, or the sum of blue and red) on http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=SI&p=d1
    You can see that it fluctuated in recent months, more than usual in recent years (higher frequency of the fluctuations).
    Meaning that claims made on a moment, can get outdated as quick as the fluctuations period.

20. Ronnie 666

Good one Pirocco - clear as mud. Our discussion was on the short positions by the commercials in gold. Now you are discussing silver ?
    :rolleyes:

When I say you are "discussing silver" that is a very loose term.

I think it's clear that one thing is crystal clear - no one knows anything anymore, and certainly not Leon who has vanished from this discussion when he was asked a simple question. Let us not go off on tangents we are all waiting.......Leon.....