Lengthy delay from ABC: FYI

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MelbBrad, Jan 13, 2011.

1. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

I ordered 15x1kg PAMP silver (amongst other things silvery and shiny) from ABC in mid December.
    Was advised at the time that delivery to Melb would be the week of Jan 10th.
    Just called now, they have revised the delivery date to LATE FEBRUARY!!!
    Hmmmmmm.....

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Please clarify which ABC you are referring to - there's one in Sydney, one in Melbourne, totally unrelated companies...

3. loki.verloren

loki.verloren New Member

i ordered a lot of 20 1/20th ounce coins from CMC mint on the 20th (hm lotta 20s in that sentence) and still haven't seen it yet... and now to add to it brisbane's flooding so a lot of things are all slow, even an order for a printer cartridge from the other side of the river a little ways... *sigh*

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

CMC Mint? That's the mob that make HGE coins... sure you're getting what you expect?

5. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

Sorry, I ordered this time from Sydney. I've since found a dealer that I will use in Melb. Essentially over-the-counter, straight into the vault.

6. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

I found difficulty dealing with ABC Melb. Janie and the team in Sydney was so much easier. Found someone else to help me stack now. Alls good.

7. jezzarayman

jezzarayman New Member

My dealer has had shortages on and off for the perth mint 1kg bars over the last few weeks. Physical shortages are staring to occur globally as I have read. This is happening alot quicker than I thought. I have never bought of the perth mint but set up an account and spoke to them on the phone and it was a 3 week wait for 1kg bars say 2-3 weeks ago. Not sure what it's like now. I saw a pamp suisse 1kg bar go on ebay for $1225.00 when spot would have been close to $960 or so, this was during the recent correction/cartel manipulation drop. Its starting to get crazy and I think we shall see some big movement in the next two months. The physical markets and the paper markets price ratio are becoming more disjointed. This suggests some big price moves could be coming soon. i have also have friends who work in china and say the amount of investment that is going into gold and silver is quite astounding. It's an interesting time but I hope we can stay below $35 till mid year to consolidate more of my stack & miners portfolio. Good luck all

8. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

I have to agree with you. Many local dealers in Sydney are bascially OUT of silver or in very very low inventory. ABC, KJC, Downies, Jaggard etc. Is it just temporary shortage or we are entering mania stage, only time will tell. I think by July we will experience another sharp price rise in silver and by that time it is even harder to get physical.

9. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

Been stacking for only around 8 months..... So not familiar with this time of year.

Could it be that this is just a seasonal thing, with christmas break period having a flow-on effect to supplies?
    Maybe supplies will kick back up in the next month or so when businesses get back in full swing. Mania stage.... I dont think we are there yet.... well not quite anyway.

10. jezzarayman

jezzarayman New Member

I don't think we are near the mania stage yet and will be some time yet....but no-one can predict this stage very well....silver is still quite under it's all time high and adjust the previous all time high with inflation and there's a long way to go. I think the mania stage will be interesting because the fundamental reasons why silver is rising significantly excluding the manipulation (which is possibly the biggest factor in silver) will not disappear quickly. If we do have a global financial recovery many commodities including silver will benefit greatly because of industrial demand and the possible shortages which will be lessened if investors release some physical back into the market. However if we don't have a recovery which I believe is what is going to happen, with the exception of iceland, its pretty clear that countries are just going to print money, which will cause inflation (adios fiat) which will benefit all hard assets, commodities and especially silver due to its monetary and industrial properties. So I think for silver there is a long way to go. This however is short term predictions. I think silver long term is one of the best investments of all time.

11. KyleSector

KyleSector Member

I ordered 10 x 1kg perth mint bars last Wed directly from the Perth Mint and they arrived today so approx 1 week delivery time from order.
    Maybe I was just lucky with timing.

12. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Same, ordered 3 x 1kg PAMP during the last DIP and the silver will only be available on Mid Feb

13. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

That doesn't surprise me. ABC Sydney was running out of silver bars back in December. All orders of silver bars are backed to February.

I could still buy a couple of silver bars over the counter and get my metals on the spot. But for big order like yours, you just have to wait for their inventory to replenish.

14. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

That's right, I think there is a shortage in silver. Even Aurora Et Luna (Steve) ran out of silver bars... PerthMint is having problem meeting his order.