Legends of Asgard: Max Relief the star of a beautiful new Odin coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Aug 22, 2015.

1. MasterID

MasterID Member

Maybe you can just resell it at a discount to FCC current price and request dealer to ship direct to buyer (say you shifted house). Now that's a quick flip without having the coin in hand :D

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I received at least 2 updates from FCC regarding the delay since I purchased my Odin coin from them.

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

We'll all be okay. lol. Good to see a lot of activity on this series. Emotions are flying high because all of us who bought are very eager!!! #nicedb! 20k view. This is a hot series! Kudos.

4. db23

db23 Member

I would like to thank everyone here that has been so patient awaiting their order. These coins are starting to ship to dealers now and should start shipping to retail customers around the end of the week.

As our first coin release, we had a bit of a learning curve with the whole process and as best we tried to ensure the actual release date was as close as possible to the initial sale date we had some issues that lead to unavoidable delays.

To thank you all for your support and patience, we will be giving away for free 10 Valkyrie coins to 10 different collectors that have anxiously awaited delivery of their Odin coin. We will work with all of our dealers, so you will be eligible to win regardless of which dealer you purchased from. Additional info about the giveaway will be posted soon on the ChoiceMint.com website. To qualify, purchases will need to have been made October 20th or prior.

5. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

Yay!

6. barsenault

Class act thru and thru db23! You let us squawk without getting defensive. You patiently listened to us whine and complain about the delays. At the end of the day you put the interest of quality before our complaining, and I'm sure it will pay off in spades, as we admire both the coin and the box. Again, kudos to your great success!! Can't wait to show off the fine details of 'max relief,' and can't wait to admire and compare to all my other max high relief medals. awesome!!

7. mmissinglink

Thank you for the update db!

I will definitely be entering this Valkyrie giveaway since I purchased my Odin the first day they were available for pre-sale purchase.

I am eagerly awaiting my 3oz silver Max High Relief Odin!

8. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

;) great

9. fiveonomo

fiveonomo New Member

Class act. Thank you.

10. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

Thanks db! The idea of a giveaway on the next coin for the early buyers is a great one, looking forward to collecting the series and glad I locked in the same number. I assume that those who locked in the same number will have a certain amount of time to purchase the next coins. As some point you would have to offer them for sale if that buyer decided to drop out of the series. Is that about right?

11. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

Exactly as I suspect earlier in the thread. The Choice team is a class act. No need to fret over the small things.

12. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

Just to clarify, will we need to enter the contest for the Valkyrie coin manually...or will our purchase automatically enter us for a chance to win ?

I bought mine in August, so I qualify :D

13. mmissinglink

This is the key point to take note of:

Additional info about the giveaway will be posted soon on the ChoiceMint.com website.

There's no mention of an automatic entry in db23's comment. Eligible does not mean entered.

14. mmissinglink

Some of you already know about this but it's worth pointing out again in case anyone else was wondering:

Q. Will the coins be in a capsule?
    A. No. Due to the various relief points around the edges of the coin, creating a custom capsule for this series would have proven very difficult. The capsule manufacturer we consulted also believed that placing this type of a coin in a capsule would do more harm than good as it would undoubtedly rattle around inside. We selected an antiquing process which provides a protective coating that allows the coin to be gently handled without risk of damage. In addition to this protective coating, the wood presentation case the coin comes in will have a higher than usual grade of felt to ensure proper protection of the coin.

15. barsenault

Just hurry up and get this in my hands. lol.

16. jcanuck

jcanuck Member

I'm hopeful that it will show up next week... Takes forever for stuff to get to Oz.

17. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That helpful. Thx"s

18. chicken12

chicken12 Member

When is this likely to happen, nothing on website?

19. picturefun

picturefun Member

I guess if dealers can sell by taking 100% pre payment, then they would not do 70% :D Free capital is hard to come by nowadays. Haven't you heard use others' chicken to lay eggs? Jie Ji Sheng Dan. This is what they are doing!

You friend made a mistake. I would have asked for the money back before the Credit card expired. Why your friend does not ask FCC to refund him/her through Paypal? FCC took the money, but did not deliver the coin. So even if the credit card expired, he still should do the refund, just send the money back to your friend by email! That is what a trustworthy/honorable seller should do! If FCC has not done that, then that means they are not trustworthy.

Paypal now extend the dispute time to 180 days. So maybe a good idea to use Paypal. But as far as I am concerned, usually 60 days is my Maximum time before I see the coin. Because in the U.S., credit card companies only have 60 days window for dispute.

20. jcanuck

jcanuck Member

So is this the week that people start seeing their coins? Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get to see mine sometime this week... The consolation prize for me would be getting to see the BTTF coins showing up.