Legacy Week, Buy a badge or a teddy.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by southerncross, Sep 5, 2012.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Help keep the promise people, no matter what your political persuasion or your view on our current theaters of involvement overseas, our armed forces do make sacrifices that affect those left behind both now and in the past.

Show your support and buy a badge or teddy for the family's.

2. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Been selling Legacy badges for the last 45+ years.
    From cubs to boy scouts.
    Good cause for a worthy reason.
    Stoped selling them and now just buy them.
    Used to do door knocks & street selling them.
    Buy a badge & wear it with pride...............

3. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

SC The government sent them there so let the government do the right thing and support their family..

So many of the soldiers return home with mind problems and they have a hell of a job to get on a support pension. Its a lot different in these wars that have rages since WW2..You don't know who are the enemy..

I feel sorry for the families left behind after their loss but surely the politicians should close ranks and if they intend to send our men into war for what they consider a just war, legislate so that all the military get a fair and just settlement in the case of their death or injuries. Especially the family left behind with young children

It is like a broken record. It doesn't matter who the PM is..The funeral speeches are all the same..Bring them justice financially would be the best thing the pollies could do.

Regards Errol 43

4. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Charity starts at home.

Legacy is a Great cause and a very powerful word.

5. southerncross

Respect you for your effort M8 :)

6. southerncross

I respect your opinion errol and I do agree the government should do more but I strongly feel that if an Individual is willing to place their life on the line for our country then we as a society and a country owe them a debt of gratitude and an assurance that we will care for their loved ones in the event they die in service no matter what.

I and you may not agree with whatever cause they are fighting for but they are serving our country and for whatever reason they are doing it they are doing it on behalf of our country. We owe them and their family's for placing their lives on the line when the worst happens and as you have already mention the Government does not do enough, it is not only about $ though, it is about support and mentoring for the kids left behind in years to come, it is about fellow soldiers becoming defacto fathers and mothers and the partners and children of the fallen knowing that they are more than a figure on the governments balance sheet.

Legacy is about people not numbers M8.