LDP forms an alliance

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mmm....shiney!, Feb 13, 2018.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Got this in an email today:

For the first time I heard Bernardi debating in the Senate the other day on the radio about the welfare card and I'll have to say I was largely unimpressed. I don't think there was a single logical fallacy that he didn't use.

This is clearly a decision around numbers not content. It may also mean that the LDP may have to support his priorities as well at times.

Not a good move.

2. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Leyonhjelm lucked in to parliament in a lucky coincidence and has obviously got used to the lurks and perks of government largesse.

Bernardi is the famous shiver looking for a spine to run up.

Good bedmates. May they disappear together.

3. mmm....shiney!

What exactly is it about leyonhjem that suggests he’s not an asset in parliament?

4. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

numbers is all that matters in parliament ...unfortunately

mmm....shiney! and Shaddam IV like this.
  5. bking3975

bking3975 Member

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  6. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He isn’t approved of by The Guardian?

7. renovator

the way he mumbles on about shit aussies dont care about ?. He needs to streamline his agenda & go more mainstream to get the support then start banging on about his real agenda like all good politicians do .if you are too far out there you havent got a hope in hell.
    This new partnership is a smart move imo. he uses them for his agendas & they use him for theirs. its all a numbers game you might be the best polly in the country but without support you are dead in the water.

8. mmm....shiney!

Most Aussies don't know shit. Much rather have Leyonhjelm mumbling on about property rights and fiat currency than Bernardi's value driven agenda.

9. renovator

& that is the reason he needs to get with the plebs ...because they dont know shit. or should i say dont care about the shit ,or maybe blissfully ignorant ? or no one they can align themselves with thats somewhere in the middle ? probably a mix of all 4 i would say
    Bring on mark latham i say .What happened to him i thought he was aligning himself with the ldp ?

10. Shaddam IV

I’d vote for Mark Latham for PM in a heartbeat. He doesn’t back down and he doesn’t apologise. Peta Credlin would be good in that job too.

When the feckless, messed up leftists with their daddy issues and their depression and their outrage at everything start pointing and shrieking the correct response is to stand tall and laugh in their faces. Refuse to submit, refuse to apologise and they deflate. They don’t have anything to back up their tantrums so they get terribly confused when the people they attack don’t play their pathological little dominance games.

Also they are prone to depression and you can use that against them.

mmm....shiney! and renovator like this.
  11. renovator

haha i like your thinking fk with their minds.. Yeah i would vote for him too he has enough patriotic gusto for the job. Old monotone mumbles leyonhjelm needs to get a bit excited sometimes he loses me with his monotone diatribes he needs someone behind him pricking him in the arse with a pin to wake him up occasionally. Get a bit passionate sometimes mumbles !!!. He says some good stuff but hes not a leader .
    Latham is about the only leader we have in the country at the moment but hes at the other end of the scale he needs to reign it in just a flyshit .He gets better with age . I can see the reruns of him doing the standover handshake & the taxi episode high on the msm agenda to shoot him down already .

Jislizard and Shaddam IV like this.
  12. Shaddam IV

Yep, Mark Latham is like a good bottle of wine. :D

13. JulieW

I don't like any pollie who rorts the system, even if I might like some of his rhetoric, impractical as it often is.

14. mmm....shiney!

Rort the system? Examples?

If you’re going to say voters were tricked into voting for him because of the word “Liberal”, then don’t even bother replying.

15. mmm....shiney!

Google Mark Latham Outsiders for what he’s up to.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  16. JulieW

Search out a $9k travel bill for him and his wife to Perth so he could spark up a WA branch of his party for a start.

Not as grubby as some but you can't be just a little bit pregnant.

17. mmm....shiney!

My apologies.

In the Senator’s defence, Perth is another country. Or is it in a state? :D

JulieW likes this.
  18. mmm....shiney!

It's only impractical because the current system and the electorate favour a format where governments firstly intervene in as many aspects of our lives as possible, secondly raise funds whether by taxation or through debt in order to fund those intrusions into our lives and thirdly dispense those funds to special interest groups to get back a political advantage in order to remain in power. They then repeat the cycle.

This brings me to my point in my response to reno that most Aussies don't know shit. Most Aussies want the government to do exactly that. They want the government to take money from someone else and hand it out to them. They have no understanding of economics and the history of political thought especially as it relates to liberty and property rights. As I said in another thread, the function of government in their mind is to establish a border. That border can be physical as in between 2 nations, it can be economic as in tariffs, it can be social as in where you are allowed to smoke or not or it can be ethical as in positive discrimination policies which demand quotas in workplaces based upon gender. No matter how you look at it, the vast majority of Aussies see the government's primary function as one of coercion. The vast majority of Aussies don't understand most of the shit around, take cryptocurrencies or gold as an example, we even have people refusing to use Paypass not because it takes 3 days to be deducted from their account, but because they're worried that people can steal money from their accounts when they use it or that they "don't believe in it". Don't believe in it? WTF is there to believe or not to believe? It's not Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny, it's a piece of technology like an iron or toaster. "Oooh I don't like using toasters because I don't believe in them." And then we give those people the power to cast a vote and make decisions about other people's lives when they're flat out being able to make decisions about their own lives.

And in Melbourne the forthcoming by-election in Batman is likely to be won or lost over an issue in Queensland because SJWs and assorted leftist turds want to stick their noses into other people's business and use the State to impose their values onto others.

Now Leyonhjelm doesn't share that view. It's only impractical because the State is a sham and most people are brainwashed, or in the case of lefties sociopathic. Contrast the method the government uses with the free-market which is based on voluntary, mutually beneficial transactions or not at all.

End of rant.

Gresham's Law and Shaddam IV like this.
  19. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He is calling the government on their eCigs stance and on things like airsoft guns for people who like to run around in fields shooting each other for fun. He is calling out people for spending $$$ of public money on adds about domestic violence to further their personal agendas against men (there are many factors of domestic violence and dick head men isn't the top one, though that is the only one mentioned in the adds)

He does mumble though

I am not behind him 100%, I don't like his stance on gun control and I don't like that it is being used against him by the media. I think it is more damaging to his other politics, sure, some people want to own guns but I get the impression many more people feel safer without so many guns around and they will vote against the LDP to keep it that way, no matter what positive policies are put forward by the party.

There is not much he can get done by himself except go on the telly. He might have to give up a few of his dream policies but they were never going to be implemented anyway so at least if there is something that qll 3 can agree on they might get a bit of traction. How much harm can they do anyway?

renovator likes this.
  20. JulieW

[QUOTE="mmm....shiney!, post: 1046715, member: 753"

End of rant.[/QUOTE]

Good rant!

I think the massive public service and mindset is a long standing stealth plan to remove the vagaries of economics and establish an obedient, docile population - see Brave New World. ( everyone quotes 1984 but it's Brave New World we should worry about)

The movement toward docile obedience is too far along now to reverse except by massive population reduction. And unfortunately libertarians are the ones dying out.

:confused:

renovator likes this.